4%
None
4%

Total votes: 56

Disneyphile
Special Edition

June 2011 movies

Post by Disneyphile »

What movies are you looking forward to in June 2011?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I really wanted to say "Cars 2," but it hasn't caught my attention like the other Pixar films have yet. I'll be there opening day just the same though.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

X-Men: First Class! Although I should probably watch the second and third before this. (I've only seen the first, which I loved). I've seen the trailers, and little Mystique is so cute.
Last edited by Scarred4life on Wed May 25, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I picked several:

X-Men: First Class
Super 8
Green Lantern
Bad Teacher

Also interested in:
The Art of Getting By
The Inbetweeners

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Super 8's the only one looking good to me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I picked Cars 2 since I have a free ticket for it (Though it will not be one of Pixar's best).

I am also interested in Green Lantern and Super 8. I am weary about X-Men first class since it looks like it will get crap reviews.

I am staying far away from Transformers 3 (or Michael Bay's "How to Make a Quick Buck" as I call it)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Myself, I am looking forward to:

X-Men First Class
The Green Lantern
Super 8 (this one I won't miss, for sure)
Cars 2
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

I am casually interested in:

Mr. Popper's Penguins (until I saw it starred Jim Carrey, now I am not sure)
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Scarred4life wrote:X-Men: First Class! Although I should probably watch the second and third before this. (I've only seen the first, which I loved). I've seen the trailers, and little Mystique is so cute.
Being as it's a prequel, I don't think you have to see parts 2 and 3 before "First Class" to get it. I hope the make a part 4! I hear they might actually.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Like dvdjunkie, I do not want to see Mr Popper's Penguins either. I do not remember much of the book, but I do know it did not have toilet humor.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

milojthatch wrote:Being as it's a prequel, I don't think you have to see parts 2 and 3 before "First Class" to get it. I hope the make a part 4! I hear they might actually.
Yeah, I know, but I like to see things in the order they came out (I'm a freak that way:P ) Even if I don't get the chance to see them beforehand, I won't be missing this.
Last edited by Scarred4life on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I am weary about X-Men first class since it looks like it will get crap reviews.
Actually, early word is that it's great. And in regards to the continuity of it among the other X-Men films, they are ignoring Last Stand and Wolverine. It is a prequel to the first two X-Men films (Bryan Singer is a producer on First Class, it should be noted).

Anyway, I voted for:

X-Men: First Class
Super 8 (my most-anticipated of the summer, easily)
Cars 2
Green Lantern
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I noticed the reviews for X-Men First Class are surprisingly good. I may check this one out.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I noticed the reviews for X-Men First Class are surprisingly good. I may check this one out.
I get the feeling however that a major rift in X-Men film continuity may take place in this film. And I'm not talking about Emma Frost or Beast!
Scarred4life wrote:
milojthatch wrote:Being as it's a prequel, I don't think you have to see parts 2 and 3 before "First Class" to get it. I hope the make a part 4! I hear they might actually.
Yeah, I know, but I like to see things in the order they came out (I'm a freak that way:P) Even if I don't get the chance to see them beforehand, I won't be missing this.
Ah, well, so you know, Best Buy has the first four film for $3.99 a DVD and $7.99 a Blu Ray. Great chance to catch up...

-Walt Disney
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

I am going for X-Men First Class, Super 8, Green Lantern, Bad Teacher, and Cars 2. I may give Transformers: Dark of the Moon a chance, but I doubt it.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

It just occurred to me that no one has made the "This month sucks" comment yet.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

^That's because it doesn't for once :shock:

I'm looking forward to both X-Men and Super 8 (the later of which I've been following since it was first announced). BTW, does anyone know when The Artist will be coming out? That one is also on my 'must see' list.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Wasn't planning on seeing it, but ever since good word-of-mouth has surfaced about X-Men First Class I've become quite curious to see it. I'll definitely be seeing Super 8 too and Green Lantern. The jury's still out on Cars 2.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Just got back from seeing X-Men First Class....

it was good...much much better than I expected :excellent:

Also there's a surprise cameo that had me shout BEST CAMEO EVER! :oops:

I won't say who the cameo is of due to I don't want to spoil it for anyone
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I saw "X-Men: First Class" last night. I want to say I loved it, but, I hated how violent it was, I hated the use of a particular word from a very cool cameo, and I hated how in many ways it supported film continuity from all four of the last films, yet a very glaring bit of continuity was shot to heck (literally).

I was left disappointed, but not surprised by the things that disappointed me. Outside of those disappointments, the idea was really good and the moral discussions between Prof X and Magneto are always good. Oh well, such is life. Thank goodness for the 90's and 2000's cartoons.

-Walt Disney
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

The filmmakers actually ignored the events in X-Men 3 and Wolverine, so only the first two and considered canon with First Class.

And why are you surprised it was so violent? Aren't all superhero films violent? Besides, I don't think there's anything here that will scar a child for life or cause them to hide under the seats. Heck, this was even rated a PG here in Ontario, Canada.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland