Tron: Legacy

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Just Myself wrote:Watching both films back to back, I can officially declare (in my own opinion, of course ;) ) that Legacy is an excellent sequel to TRON.
I just wish they'd given TRON a better cover and not put the subtitle "The Original Classic" on the cover. They could've come up with a much better graphic.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

^yeh, like the epic original poster picture...
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

In spite of the cover, the Blu-ray of TRON The Original Classic is just amazing in its brilliance and contrast. I thought the standard DVD upconverted to near Hi-Def brought out the same, but I was wrong. I am so glad that I invested in the Blu-ray, plus all the extras are there plus some new stuff that I didn't know about. I love "TRON" the Original Classic and really think that it is very watchable now in Blu-ray.

TRON Legacy is brilliant in its Blu-ray Hi-Def and really looks good on my 50" LG Home Theater. I saw this film in IMAX, but I don't miss anything about the film now that I own it in Blu-ray. Really good companion to the Original Classic "TRON", and I am a happy camper now!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Victurtle wrote:^yeh, like the epic original poster picture...
Especially considering how the "TRON: Legacy" cover art / poster is basically quoting the original. It looked so nice on the old two-disc DVD set. Now I keep seeing something like this.

"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

I bought both the Tron Legacy blu ray and Tron The Original blu ray today. I kind of prefer them separately and see no need to ever purchase anything in 3D ever. I haven't had a chance to watch either yet, but I found it kind of strange that they're referred to as "Disney Tron Legacy" and "Disney's Tron The Original." Can they not decide which they prefer? :P
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Review is up, if you haven't noticed:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/tron-tronlegacy.html
:tink:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I did and I am glad that Luke loved it. I actually liked it a lot more on Bluray than in the theater. In the theater, I just was excited for them to get into the grid that the start of the film seemed to take too long. In fact, it doesn't take long at all but when you go see a movie like this in Imax 3D, you are there for the spectacle.

I also thought that the effect of CLU worked much better at home. It looked much better and more realistic on a smaller screen than blown up fifty feet tall.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Maerj wrote:I did and I am glad that Luke loved it. I actually liked it a lot more on Bluray than in the theater. In the theater, I just was excited for them to get into the grid that the start of the film seemed to take too long. In fact, it doesn't take long at all but when you go see a movie like this in Imax 3D, you are there for the spectacle.
IMAX 3D was the way to go with this movie. I saw it twice in a regular theater, then at the IMAX in Calgary. I was sitting there with a grin on my face the entire time. I seriously felt that I was on an E-ticket ride at Disneyland. The 3D effects stood out a lot better on the IMAX screen, and that Daft Punk music on those IMAX speakers; pure awesomeness! 8)

Watched the Blu-Rays of TRON and TRON Legacy back to back last night. Still awesome in Blu. Although TRON, because it is an older movie, still has some grain on it. Here's hoping for TR3N! :D
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I was actually totally underwhelmed by the 3-D effects. I liked seeing it on an IMAX screen, but I recall like, three moments that were done well (the opening title, Sam entering the Grid, and the grappling hook being shot at Kevin's disc). It reminded me why I generally never see movies in 3-D, aside from the splitting headaches.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

For those that don't own this yet and want it, I saw it yesterday at Target for $9.99 for the standard Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. I'm sure it's definitely YMMV.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tron: Legacy

Post by Sotiris »

Extended ‘Tron: Legacy’ Daft Punk Soundtrack Is Possible According to Director Joseph Kosinski
https://collider.com/daft-punk-tron-leg ... -kosinski/

Daft Punk’s ‘Tron Legacy’ Soundtrack Getting the Deluxe Vinyl Treatment From Mondo
https://collider.com/tron-legacy-soundt ... unk-mondo/

Daft Punk Releases Extended ‘Tron Legacy’ Soundtrack
https://collider.com/daft-punk-tron-leg ... d-edition/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Celebrate 10 Years of TRON: Legacy with a Look Back at the Creation of the Film
https://d23.com/celebrating-10-years-of-tron-legacy/

The curious legacy of Tron: Legacy
https://ew.com/movies/tron-legacy-10th-anniversary/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

My only issue with Clu in Tron: Legacy is his mouth. That's what takes me out of it the most...otherwise I think the CGI is pretty darn good.