DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:35 am 
Limited Edition

Review is up, if you haven't noticed:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/tron-tronlegacy.html
:tink:

WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I did and I am glad that Luke loved it. I actually liked it a lot more on Bluray than in the theater. In the theater, I just was excited for them to get into the grid that the start of the film seemed to take too long. In fact, it doesn't take long at all but when you go see a movie like this in Imax 3D, you are there for the spectacle.

I also thought that the effect of CLU worked much better at home. It looked much better and more realistic on a smaller screen than blown up fifty feet tall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Maerj wrote:
I did and I am glad that Luke loved it. I actually liked it a lot more on Bluray than in the theater. In the theater, I just was excited for them to get into the grid that the start of the film seemed to take too long. In fact, it doesn't take long at all but when you go see a movie like this in Imax 3D, you are there for the spectacle.

IMAX 3D was the way to go with this movie. I saw it twice in a regular theater, then at the IMAX in Calgary. I was sitting there with a grin on my face the entire time. I seriously felt that I was on an E-ticket ride at Disneyland. The 3D effects stood out a lot better on the IMAX screen, and that Daft Punk music on those IMAX speakers; pure awesomeness! 8)

Watched the Blu-Rays of TRON and TRON Legacy back to back last night. Still awesome in Blu. Although TRON, because it is an older movie, still has some grain on it. Here's hoping for TR3N! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I was actually totally underwhelmed by the 3-D effects. I liked seeing it on an IMAX screen, but I recall like, three moments that were done well (the opening title, Sam entering the Grid, and the grappling hook being shot at Kevin's disc). It reminded me why I generally never see movies in 3-D, aside from the splitting headaches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm 
Special Edition

For those that don't own this yet and want it, I saw it yesterday at Target for $9.99 for the standard Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. I'm sure it's definitely YMMV.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18