The 7D

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

The 7D

Post by Mason_Ireton »

This just in, after the success of Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Disney's workin on bringing the 7 Dwarves to the small screen in a new series, 7D, the show will take place before the dwarfs met Snow White and lived in a Kingdom called, JollyWood, ruled under Queen Delightful.

Here's some more info thanks to Jim Hill Media,

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... pment.aspx

I rather not have the tone be a contemporary jab at the fairytale/storybook genre. As long they keep non modern stuff (I.E Telephone) out of Dwarfs Woodlands (yes I took inspiration from the prev. KH Game) then I'll watch it.
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

Oh, this sounds delightful :roll: .
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

After watchin a few episodes of Neverland Pirates, I kinda found it interesting even though I wish they could've used the Lost Boys as the main characters, just hope Pan at least makes a few guest spots along with Tink and the Lost Boys.

If done right, then Disney could have another success, but I agree with Jim, I'll yell bloody murder if the final animation is like Neverland Pirates.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

The Neverland Pirates show isn't bad, its a pre-schooler show, its nicely done. I think that a Seven Dwarfs show could be cool, it would be nice to see them in their storybook setting. They should do it like a series of quests, not a contemporary type of thing.

******UPDATE*****

Character design by the maker of Fish Hooks? Don't make them look anything like that! Simplify them a little? Sure. But they should be appealing. Make it look good guys!
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Maerj, I agree bout the show's episodes bein like a quest, yet place some nods to the dwarfs meetin Snow White within a 2 season arc.

You don't have to cringe at seein Fish Hook Styled Dwarfs, most likely they're gon'na remain the same as we saw 'em in the film, products.

No doubt they'll have a contemporary verison of Heigh Ho for the theme song.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

2 things:

1) Why does 7D sound like a rap or superhero group?
2) And why does JollyWood sounds like a spoof of Hollywood? :shock:

Not going to mention Queen Delightful since it's a little kids show. As long as they potray the 7 Dwarves as themselves in the movie, then I'm good. :) It's great they're putting ACTUAL Disney characters in their shows now!
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Agreed D.Princess, I hope they change the Dwarfs Kingdom to somethin more majestic in contrast to Wicked Queen's Kingdom, though I'd be surpised if Queen Delightful's kingdom was beyond the 7th hill/fall, that way it's reasonable for the dwarfs to be citzens of both Snow White's Kingdom and Queen Delightful.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

I thought this was a joke...It is a joke, right?

Seriously, Queen Delightful? Sounds like a Care Bears movie. And 7D? Thought it was some new 3D.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Yeah they bet'ter change Queen Delightful's name, I can't even see that name appearing on a Snow White product. Maybe change it to Queen Olivea or Queen Ramona.

Well hopefuly by Fall 2011 we'll see something.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

.... That's it. I'm bringing the Nostalgia Critic into this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r2xDJPc-yaM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Considering Tom Ruegger is making this show, I'm sure even the Nostalgia Critic would approve it.

Also, why are his worst gags always the ones embedded here? Why not his better ones like "Of course!" or "You know, for kids"?
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

estefan wrote:Considering Tom Ruegger is making this show, I'm sure even the Nostalgia Critic would approve it.

Also, why are his worst gags always the ones embedded here? Why not his better ones like "Of course!" or "You know, for kids"?
Because, his 'No' and/or 'Whaaaaaaa' are better ways of summing up what we feel about certain bits of news.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

So for a quick lesson, let's review the shows that revived Disney's characters.

DuckTales: Scrooge McDuck/Donald's Nephews

Rescue Rangers: Chip and Dale

Jungle Cubs/Tale Spin: Jungle Book Characters (minus Mowgli)

Mickey Mouse ClubHouse: Mickey and the Gang.

New Pooh Adventures/Book Of Pooh: Winnie The Pooh

Adventures In Wonderland: Alice In Wonderland

NeverLand Pirates: Capt. Hook, Smee, Tick Tock

7D: Snow White's Dwarfs.

So far it seems like a proper follow up to the 90s shows. Too bad it's not bein made in vien of the classic 90s Disney Show.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyJedi wrote:
estefan wrote:Considering Tom Ruegger is making this show, I'm sure even the Nostalgia Critic would approve it.

Because, his 'No' and/or 'Whaaaaaaa' are better ways of summing up what we feel about certain bits of news.
In my opinion, that "No" joke is his worst. Hated that over-long, shrill joke. I'm probably in the minority, but his yelling jokes are my least favourite of his. I have more of a fondness for the snarkey, sarcastic, lower-volume jokes.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Mason_Ireton wrote:So far it seems like a proper follow up to the 90s shows. Too bad it's not bein made in vien of the classic 90s Disney Show.
Yeah, except the animation in the 90s shows was on a whole different level. It was good.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^No it was mostly pretty bad.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

ajmrowland wrote:^No it was mostly pretty bad.
Okay, well, compared to Feature stuff yeah... but compared to Jake and the Neverland Pirates? Leagues ahead.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Well, I cant compare.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

well I meant that it's not bein completly fleshed out like Darkwing, or TaleSpin. Bringing back the old characters helps the TV animators to be familar with the characters. For example, Disney was gon'na produce a show centered on the Supporting casts, like Baloo, Jimminy Cricket, Meeko, etc. and though production was canceled, it helped the production crew get familar with the characters.

Like I said, as long they stick close to the film's design of the dwarfs then I'm sold.

oh and AjmrowLand, we meant like the early 90s Disney TV animation, before Teacher's Pet
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

7D is a bra size in Italy. :P

I haven't seen Jake and the Neverland Pirates. The title seems familiar. I think I read it somewhere on this forum a while back. I'll watch it when I'm in the mood to give it a try, same with this 7D.