Finding Nemo - Collector's Edition

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Just commenting something on 2099net's review:
It's surprising to see no cross-promotion for "Return to Neverland" being as this was released in France on the same day as this 2 disc set.
There is cross-promotion for "Never Land" on the disc. But to see it, you need to select the option to see the menus in French. A gallery of French posters for "Peter Pan 2" is included. Nothing special though.
CaptainJasHook

Post by CaptainJasHook »

I MUST own this 2-disc PETER PAN set.

If anyone is willing to purchase and/or sell me a copy, please e-mail [email protected]

Thanks and think lovely thoughts!
--The Cap'n
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

CaptainJasHook wrote:I MUST own this 2-disc PETER PAN set.

If anyone is willing to purchase and/or sell me a copy, please e-mail [email protected]

Thanks and think lovely thoughts!
--The Cap'n
You can do what I did for my "La Belle et La Bete" (Beauty & The Beast), order it from amazon.fr It is the version of Amazon.com in France. They ship anywhere, and it isn't too much for shipping.

Image[/img]
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

what's the OAR in the french dvd?
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

The cover may be better, but I don't think the content is :| .
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

I also ordered my "Peter Pan" CE from Amazon.fr. I think it was worth it.

As for "Beauty and the Beast", I heard that the English DVD has better picture quality (it uses seamless branching to present the two versions of the film) and it has the "Silver Screen Partners" card, wich is missing from the 'original' version of the American DVD. Can someone confirm this? 2099net, maybe?

Don't know anything about the French edition, though. But as far as I've seen, all the versions around the world are presented in 1.85:1.

José Carioca
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I also get all my European discs from Amazon (either www.amazon.fr or www.amazon.de), you can't really go wrong with Amazon. Plus if you have an existing Amazon.com account it is valid on all Amazon sites except Japan and the ordering process is the same, so it should be easy to do even if you can't understand the language.

Regarding the UK Beauty and the Beast. Yes, It includes the opening title card for Silver Screen Partners.

Personally I think it includes a better picture quality but it could simply be because of the increased PAL resolution. I'm not a big supporter of PAL over NTSC on live action releases as I often can't tell the difference. However I do think the increased resolution and heightened colours are noticable on animated films.[*] Playing a PAL disc in a player which converts it to NTSC for viewing on an American television will, of course, negate this advantage, so I would think carefully before purchasing the disc if picture quality is the only reason you want it.

On my set up there doesn't seem to be as much MPEG artifacts - but this could just be my player handling the PAL picture better (it has lots of Digital Noise reduction, sharpness and contrast settings which I continuously tweak when I am bored!). Or ir could just be Disney used another master for the transfer which was better quality (The presence of the "Silver Screen Partners" opening card sort of supports the other master theory).

As for contents - the first disc is pretty much the same (off the top of my head I think it's missing the Sneek Peeks off the menu but 2 or 3 are still shown when the disc is inserted). As for the second disc, "The Story Behind The Story" is missing the Disney stars' introductions, but all of the actual narration seems to be on there. I can't think of any other differences.

The UK Snow White on the other hand is missing a lot of content from the American disc. The "Making Of" on the first disc is only 20 mins, half the length of the American one, the original mono soundtrack is missing and the Silly Symphony short "The Goddess Of Spring" is also missing. However it does come in a wonderful cardboard case which opens like a book, and a full pocket sized reprinting of "The Art and Animation of Show White" is included in the package (round about 200 pages on high quality glossy paper)

[*] Just to even the debate, for those more musically inclined the PAL release is of course sped-up 4%, altering the tempo and pitch of the soundtrack by a small amount.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Joe Carioca wrote:Just commenting something on 2099net's review:
It's surprising to see no cross-promotion for "Return to Neverland" being as this was released in France on the same day as this 2 disc set.
There is cross-promotion for "Never Land" on the disc. But to see it, you need to select the option to see the menus in French. A gallery of French posters for "Peter Pan 2" is included. Nothing special though.
Thanks. I'll check those out. As people may know I'm rather fond of Return to Neverland.

It's like the French Treasure Planet disc - you can only access the "Un Homme Libre" (forgive my French spelling if wrong) music video if you select the French language option.

"Un Homme Libre" is the French language version of "I'm Still Here".
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

indianajdp wrote:My guess is that we see a cover with this on it:

By the way, if anyone is looking for some great wallpaper for their PC or Mac, check out this site:

http://www.magicalears.com/animation/Fi ... lpaper.htm

Some great quality captures there including the pic I've linked to above (which has been my wallpaper the last month).

Thanks Indiana. This came in very useful. I am enjoying my new Wall paper now. :)
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Darn! I changed Wall papers briefly, I wanted to try one of the Sleeping Beauty ones, and now it is saying that the Wall paper site, for FN can not be found! :evil: Does anyone know if there is another Finding Nemo Wallpaper site, I really liked my tropical waterscape... :(
Defy Gravity
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Moviehole says: the two-disc Finding Nemo DVD is already completed and will be in stores on November 4.

http://www.moviehole.net/news.php?newsid=2204
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Uhh...yeah. We know. ;)

:nemo:
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

:lol: :lol: Silly Luke :lol: :lol:
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

I found this article on Animated-Movies.net:
Jim Hill recently got a chance to preview Disc 1 of this two-DVD set. He gives it extremely high marks, then raves about some of the extras to be found on the disc. Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres recorded "very funny", all-new dialogue just for this two disc set. "If you pause long enough on the main menu for Disc 1, you'll eventually hear Marlin and Dory started talking. And these two neurotic fish will start to try and noodge toward making a menu choice.
Check out the whole article at:
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/articles/09292003.1.htm
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Starion wrote:I found this article on Animated-Movies.net:
Jim Hill recently got a chance to preview Disc 1 of this two-DVD set. He gives it extremely high marks, then raves about some of the extras to be found on the disc. Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres recorded "very funny", all-new dialogue just for this two disc set. "If you pause long enough on the main menu for Disc 1, you'll eventually hear Marlin and Dory started talking. And these two neurotic fish will start to try and noodge toward making a menu choice.
Sounds cool! 8) this is a definate purchase come Nov. 4th!!! :wink:
Defy Gravity
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

I don't know if i'll get this. I'd rather have Santa Clause 2, which also comes out around then.
Defy Gravity...
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

Prince Phillip wrote:
Starion wrote:I found this article on Animated-Movies.net:
Sounds cool! 8) this is a definate purchase come Nov. 4th!!! :wink:
This article could have stated that purchasing this movie gives you a 90% chance of failing miserably in life for the next 20 years and I'd STILL say it was a must purchase.
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl have been nomiated for the Hollywood Movie of the Year Award.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movieawards/
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Starion wrote:Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl have been nomiated for the Hollywood Movie of the Year Award.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movieawards/
That's GREAT News!!! :twisted:
Defy Gravity
Scar Tissue

Post by Scar Tissue »

i loved monster's inc. a bug's life wasn't good. but yes i enjoy 2d more then 3d