Lady and The Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray in 2012!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Lady and The Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray in 2012!

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Lady and The Tramp will make it's Diamond Edition Blu-Ray debut next year!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5897

"...the next Diamond title will be Lady and the Tramp in spring 2012."
miklc
Gold Classic Collection

Post by miklc »

It will be interesting to see what happens with Tramp's sequel, I'm very excited too own this film as I missed out on it's Platinum and just never got around to buying a used copy. Seeing as we won't be seeing this till about a year's time, this could well be the last title I need before hitting a full collection of DAC :)
I love The Little Mermaid and Ariel
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

Can't wait to see it on blu!

I am a little shocked they are saying The Fox and The Hound 2 will be released on blu ray too, unless this double pack is a half Blu ray half DVD release lol
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Glad this is once again getting the special treatment :)

But I must admit..... it is kind of boring that Disney is following the Diamond line so exactly ... youd have thought that with a new line, they could shake things up a bit or something....but they are just pretty much doing exactly the same release schedule.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

YES :D

Perhaps if Many Adventures get released on BD too next year in conjunction with the new movie, I'd be getting two of my favourite Disney films in one year.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Victurtle wrote:Perhaps if Many Adventures get released on BD too next year in conjunction with the new movie, I'd be getting two of my favourite Disney films in one year.
I could see Disney pulling a Tron, where they discontinue the DVD of the original Pooh, then release a fancy 2-pack with both old and new Pooh's a few months after new Pooh hits theaters.
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

monorail91 wrote:
Victurtle wrote:Perhaps if Many Adventures get released on BD too next year in conjunction with the new movie, I'd be getting two of my favourite Disney films in one year.
I could see Disney pulling a Tron, where they discontinue the DVD of the original Pooh, then release a fancy 2-pack with both old and new Pooh's a few months after new Pooh hits theaters.
Many Adventures' DVD was discontinued last year.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

LatT is going to look SPECTACULAR on Blu!!!!! I simply can't wait for it! I'm hoping the sequel isn't included in the package, but if it is I don't think I'll let it stop me from getting it.
Refael
Limited Issue

look great

Post by Refael »

Image (alt+p)[/img]
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Wow, that is beautiful. I think they couldn't have made a better one that suits this movie's tone better, despite the extra animals surrounding the table.. I really like that Si and Am are featured, even if they are just dangling on top of the title. Lady and Tramp are just glowing, literally! It's really quite beautiful. Can't wait to see what some of you the members here say about it, though.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

Is that the actual coverart?
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

nachonaco wrote:Is that the actual coverart?
Well, considering that it's the exact same cover as the Platinum Edition DVD, I'd say that it's not the actual cover. And besides, the BD isn't coming out for over a year, so we more than likely wouldn't have the cover art for it.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Knowing Disney's history with covers, the cover will undoubtly be as hideous as the cover for The Lion King Blu-ray;D
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I must admit, putting Trusty on the spine mimics pretty perfectly what Disney must be planning.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Guys, I'm pretty sure Refael just made that cover and posted it. Similarly, he created the Diamond Edition thread for Cinderella and created a piece of cover art in that thread, too.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Refael
Limited Issue

Post by Refael »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:Guys, I'm pretty sure Refael just made that cover and posted it. Similarly, he created the Diamond Edition thread for Cinderella and created a piece of cover art in that thread, too.
Just for hobby, and how to imagine it.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

SpringHeelJack wrote:I must admit, putting Trusty on the spine mimics pretty perfectly what Disney must be planning.
I kind of like how Disney puts minor characters on the sides of their Blu-rays. It's like a fun little surprise for fans. Of all the characters to be on the side of Sleeping Beauty, I wasn't expecting Merryweather. :)
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

monorail91 wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:I must admit, putting Trusty on the spine mimics pretty perfectly what Disney must be planning.
I kind of like how Disney puts minor characters on the sides of their Blu-rays. It's like a fun little surprise for fans. Of all the characters to be on the side of Sleeping Beauty, I wasn't expecting Merryweather. :)
Well it makes ME ANGRY! Angry and confused and sometimes scared or hungry or sleepy.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

SpringHeelJack wrote:
monorail91 wrote: I kind of like how Disney puts minor characters on the sides of their Blu-rays. It's like a fun little surprise for fans. Of all the characters to be on the side of Sleeping Beauty, I wasn't expecting Merryweather. :)
Well it makes ME ANGRY! Angry and confused and sometimes scared or hungry or sleepy.
I laughed out loud.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

And your laughter made me grouchy, bored, perplexed and/or thirsty.