Standardize ALL Hurt or Heal Games

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I think he updated the list yesterday in the Hurt and Heal Template thread. :)
Yep. I moved the list from this thread to that one, simply because the Template thread would be more useful in the future, as this one is just me ranting and raving.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Based on a suggestion I received in a PM, a new rule regarding STARTING a "Hurt or Heal" game:

To allow other people to create a "Hurt or Heal" game, there is now a limit of ONE GAME per person at any one time. If you have a game going on, you are not allowed to start another until it is finished. However, remember that only three active games are allowed at one time. While it is still allowed to "reserve" a spot in the upcoming games list, please be aware that I may bump up or bump down the spot to allow a newer game creator to start their game.

This way, more people get a chance to create a "Hurt or Heal" game rather than the same regulars always creating games.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

It looks like more games can now be opened...
Last edited by Big Disney Fan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

I updated the list in the Template thread. Had you read my post two spots above yours, you would have already known that I don't update this thread's list anymore.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Escapay wrote:I updated the list in the Template thread. Had you read my post two spots above yours, you would have already known that I don't update this thread's list anymore.

albert
I didn't say that you did. I was merely bringing it to your attention that another game has been completed. Where you respond is up to you. I was just bringing it to your attention.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Big Disney Fan wrote:I didn't say that you did. I was merely bringing it to your attention that another game has been completed. Where you respond is up to you. I was just bringing it to your attention.
Why bring it to my attention in this thread when I had already updated the list in the Template thread a day before you made your post? :roll: Maybe you should pay more attention to other peoples' posts rather than bring your posts to my attention.

There is no need to have two lists in two threads. I removed the list from my first post and already asked on the 31st for you to remove your now-out-of-date list from your post since the master list is in the Template thread. You haven't done so yet.
Escapay wrote:The official list is in the Hurt or Heal Template thread instead. It will be less confusing if there were only one list posted, so if possible, please edit the post to remove the list. Thanks.

I will update it when I have time, not when the game ends.
Finally, I'd like to ask a mod to close this thread. It's served its purpose of discussing the future of "Hurt or Heal" and since the Template thread is what I want future game-starters to follow, this thread doesn't need anymore discussion.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
yakkofan725
Limited Issue

Post by yakkofan725 »

Just wondering, but what if an active HOH game becomes abandoned?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

The Peanuts game has been completed on December 19.

And I have an idea for another game: Disney Trios.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

yakkofan725 wrote:Just wondering, but what if an active HOH game becomes abandoned?
It still has to be finished. Unpopular games cannot abandoned simply so that someone else can start a new game.
Big Disney Fan wrote:And I have an idea for another game: Disney Trios.
You've already got a game reserved (11 More HoH Winners) and so I will not put "Disney Trios" on the reserve list until your other game is finished (once it starts, that is). Please see the rule I posted on November 10.
  • To allow other people to create a "Hurt or Heal" game, there is now a limit of ONE GAME per person at any one time. If you have a game going on, you are not allowed to start another until it is finished. However, remember that only three active games are allowed at one time. While it is still allowed to "reserve" a spot in the upcoming games list, please be aware that I may bump up or bump down the spot to allow a newer game creator to start their game.

This way, more people get a chance to create a "Hurt or Heal" game rather than the same regulars always creating games.
albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
yakkofan725
Limited Issue

Post by yakkofan725 »

My next request for a HoH game is "The Essential Rugrats Episodes"
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

As of January 21, the Glee game has been completed.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

I don't need reminders whenever a game is finished. Just because the list isn't updated as soon as a game finishes doesn't mean I'm not aware of it. Please refrain from updating me whenever a game is done, either in this thread or the "Template/Master List" thread. It makes you come across as patronizing towards me.

There is no need to have two lists in two threads. I removed the list from my first post and already asked on the 31st for you to remove your now-out-of-date list from your post since the master list is in the Template thread. You haven't done so yet.

And just a general reminder for a mod who happens to come across this:
  • Finally, I'd like to ask a mod to close this thread. It's served its purpose of discussing the future of "Hurt or Heal" and since the Template thread is what I want future game-starters to follow, this thread doesn't need anymore discussion.
albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Escapay wrote:There is no need to have two lists in two threads. I removed the list from my first post and already asked on the 31st for you to remove your now-out-of-date list from your post since the master list is in the Template thread. You haven't done so yet.
The 31st of what?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

The 31st of October. I told you to delete the list from your previous post since this thread is not used for the list anymore. You didn't, even when I asked again on December 14th and today.

:roll:

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Well, I forgot about it. I didn't even know you were talking about.

I just revised the Dec. 14 post so that it only hints to a new game that can be opened. It's now pretty vague. I hope it helps. In my defense, however, you didn't really spell it out well.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Big Disney Fan wrote:I just revised the Dec. 14 post so that it only hints to a new game that can be opened. It's now pretty vague. I hope it helps.
Not really, I wasn't talking about your post on December 14.
BDF wrote:In my defense, however, you didn't really spell it out well.
Seriously? You're going to use THAT excuse again? I shouldn't have to spell things out for anyone, you're old enough to figure it out for yourself. But since it looks like the only way I can get through to you is to talk in extreme detail, I might as well...

On October 15, you needlessly repeated my master list in order to update a mere two games that were completed, and expected me to be grateful, as if I would never know the games were complete unless I saw it in a list. And on October 31st, I asked you to remove your "updated" list of HoH games because the master list is in the Template/List thread and will no longer be in this discussion thread. You did not remove the list. I then repeated that request on December 14, and again you did not remove the list. Finally, I repeated the request yesterday. Rather than remove the list, you change your December 14 post. And you blame me for not spelling things out when all I've been doing was asking you to remove the list.

:roll:

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

As per your insistence, I removed the list from Oct. 15.

Now, can we please just let this be water under the bridge and move on?