DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think it's time to get rid of "Wishes" at the Magic Kingdom and replace it with another fireworks show. The question is, what kind? I would really like to be something original. I don't want just another "Magical" (the show they have at Disneyland) just to have flying characters in the show.

What I would really like to see is something on a par with Remember Dreams Come True. Only that kind of show (a history/tour of the park) will be the focus of a brand-new nighttime light parade to replace SpectroMagic (or the Electrical Parade, if the case may be). With a concept for a show like that officially taken now, we need to come up with an alternative for the fireworks. So how could we possibly top RDCT? That, I'm having difficulty with.

The only idea I could come up with on my own (and even then I had help with) is this: a tribute to the history of Walt Disney done in fireworks. Unfortunately, it seems to be a bit too long (by fireworks show standards) and places too much emphasis on audio (dialog, music, etc.) and not enough emphasis on fireworks (or any other special effects).

So what could we do?