Show off your desktop picture!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Rapunzel just looks so cute with red hair. :)
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Okay I have to say it...

BellesPrince, it would be better for you to wait a while and make one big post with all your new desktops than it is to make one new post each time you make one new desktop.

I know you make new desktops all the time so it may be hard to think of how long you should wait before making a post with them, but why not make a number, like when you have 10? Or whenever you have a collection.

Like one time you post a collection of big face/full body with castle ones one time, and then the next time you post a collection of all the princesses dancing with their princes. Those are just some suggestions.

But posting so often one right after the other is not good for our bandwith and you're actually not supposed to do that very much according to our rules. But, of course, all of your desktops are very lovely and very well made!
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

No, I like your posts, but I am trying to save our bandwith. Imagine a thread that has about 50 posts, and 40 of them are each just one picture, and they're all by you?

If you had your own thread for your own artwork, that might be more okay, but even then, you should really try to bundle a lot of your pictures into one post.

I am not telling you to stop posting your pictures. I am telling you it's better to bundle all the things you want to post into fewer posts. Because I still like your posts very much!

And the reason it is me telling you this is because I have been here for a very, very, long time, so I am familiar with these kinds of rules.
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

There is a rule that you can't double post. That means that you can't post right after yourself with a seperate post.

However, you can do this if no one has replied to your posts in a while, or rather, if you don't post right after yourself until after a while. If it isn't in the forum rules, it is still something that moderators have told all of us on here. I'm not a moderator but we are allowed to tell other people how things work around here.

Also, posts themselves take up banwith. In other words, making 10 individual posts, each just with one picture in them, takes up more bandwith than just making one post with 10 pictures in them.
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

All Disney Duster was suggesting was that you wait to post your pictures in batches, so as to preserve the bandwidth. You would still get to post all of your pictures. And as Duster said, double posts aren't allowed.
BellesPrince wrote:And who's to say that a post with one picture in it is any less valid than some of the other posts on here?
Yes, but your posts would still have the same value, you would still get to share your desktop pictures, and you would preserve bandwidth as well. Some of the other posts may or may not be as valid as yours, but you can't batch 10 responses in one post, as you can do with pictures.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Admin: Luke. Listed Moderators: Indianajdp, Jack, Paka, pinkrenata, deathie mouse, 2099net, and CJ (this list is based on the linked thread, I'm not sure how current it is as some seem to be retired mods).

Double posting doesn't seem to be listed in the UltimateDisney.Com Posting Guidelines and I haven't really been able to find information through the search engine. However, I do recall making one post immediately after another has been frowned upon in the past when it's done within minutes of each other (when an edit could have easily been made), but I was under the impression that double-posting was no big deal when done several hours apart and continued to add new and relevant information to the thread. But I'm not really the right person to say . . .

So if in doubt, get in contact with Luke or one of the mods. :)
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I seriously wouldn't worry about it unless a moderator steps in.
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

To prove to BellesPrince that I'm not the asshole he thinks I am: I agree with you about you not having violated any forum rules and/or guidelines. I've posted two seperate messages in a row before and I don't expect any forum member to lose any sleep over it. Oh, and if bandwith was a problem, Luke wouldn't allow threads designed solely to post screencaps from Disney Classics, or threads where people count down from 10,000 to 0.

Oh, and just to be on-topic (though I don't believe I've posted here before): meet Naema Tahir, famous Dutch-Pakistani writer (not that I have read any of her books....):

Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Me, almost four years ago wrote:Have had the same desktop wallpaper since I got this laptop in August. Jane, god bless her, made it for me.

Oh wow, I wish I still had this image. I lost it (and the laptop that this desktop image was used on) later that year. When I got my new laptop in June '08, I used this image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/a ... pimage.jpg

I had that one for awhile, but sometime last year I got bored with it (although seeing Tegan's angry "Doctor!!!" face never gets old), and so I made this one just for fun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/a ... ge2011.jpg

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

That one's not showing up for me! What is it what is it what is it???

. . .

Ok, I'm done being hyper now. :lol:
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

BellesPrince wrote:Argumentative, certainly - but therein lies one of the problems, you assume what other people think, and you speak out for us.
Not really, but let's not get into that here. :)