This Almost might make people happy via DMC

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

This Almost might make people happy via DMC

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I saw this on the DMR Page
DMC - Almost Angels DVD

Eligible on Dec-14-2010

Earn 100 points
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/el ... page=1&q=a

http://almostangels.org/aangels/aangels.htm
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ultimatefilmfan
Limited Issue

Post by ultimatefilmfan »

I know it would sure make me happy if no one else! I got a call from Disney Concierge yesterday (A new service for VIP members) and they asked if I had any comments. I complained about the lack of Live-Action Disney films and requested more.

I’m glad to hear that they “might” be releasing some of these classics on DVD! I’m not a fan of this digital download craze.

Thanks for the tip disneyboy.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Well, that's the first positive sign in a year that more of Walt's unreleased films might see DVD release. Thanks, DMC and please keep it up.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

OMG!!!!!!!

Post by msh1975 »

This is awesome news and its about DAMN TIME!!!!! finally someone at disney marketing is finally waking the hell up and smelling the coffee!!!!!
they best be continueing this trend and start bringing out more live action films......we need sword and the rose, amy, horsemasters etc....... im looking forward to 12-14-2010 im ordering the instant the phone lines open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurray hurray hurray.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: OMG!!!!!!!

Post by disneyboy20022 »

msh1975 wrote:This is awesome news and its about DAMN TIME!!!!! finally someone at disney marketing is finally waking the hell up and smelling the coffee!!!!!
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

This is encouraging news but I'm still skeptical of whether the older live-action material will ever see the light of day as DMC Exclusive releases, especially in light of Disney's move toward downloadable content.

Call me a hopeless fan of physical media...

Darby
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I'm so happy to have another older title available on dvd. Thank you so much, Disney Movie Club. I hope this is a new beginning of more to come. The past year has been rather dry in regards to releasing classic material.
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

I am glad Disney Movie Club is releasing some of the forgotten Live Action movies, but I am still wondering why Disney has not released Wild Hearts Can't be Broken and Tex. But still, nothing to spit at.
ultimatefilmfan
Limited Issue

Post by ultimatefilmfan »

I have both "Wild Hearts Can't be Broken" and "Tex". I just checked and they are readily available.

I'm hoping these are next
Emil and the Detectives
Amy
The Littlest Outlaws

I'd also love to see"One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing" released in R1.......stereotypes and all.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I'm especially with you on Emil & The Detectives. Boy, I hope that is coming soon.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

I'm hoping for Light in the Forest and Westward Ho! The Wagons next.

Please. Please. Please.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
FrugalFreak

Post by FrugalFreak »

Got it, loved it
FrugalFreak

Post by FrugalFreak »

skippy wrote:I'm hoping for Light in the Forest and Westward Ho! The Wagons next.

Please. Please. Please.
Me too, Have thought about finding light on vhs on ebay. some of these titles are on Amazon VOD, I wonder if that is slowing dvd sales to buyers?
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Vintage titles on DVD

Post by Mouseketodd »

Westward Ho and SEVERAL other yet-to-appear-on-DVD titles are available for purchase on Disney.com for online viewing only. I hope it doesn't stay like this as the only way to own them!
FrugalFreak

Post by FrugalFreak »

skippy wrote:I'm hoping for Light in the Forest and Westward Ho! The Wagons next.

Please. Please. Please.

Skippy you got half of your wish this month.
My Disney Collection-http://goo.gl/KjSrb
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Why yes, yes I did.

Now to ensure that the rest of you guys are able to buy Light in the Forest, I should purchase it from Disney Educational Media...

In the past, when I have broken down and purchased expensive VHS, it has always the next released...
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

skippy wrote:Why yes, yes I did.

Now to ensure that the rest of you guys are able to buy Light in the Forest, I should purchase it from Disney Educational Media...

In the past, when I have broken down and purchased expensive VHS, it has always the next released...
skippy:

You are too funny! I, too have been on the verge of popping the 30 bucks for the Disney Educational Media version of The Light in the Forest on the rationale that that might very well be the only DVD release of the film. But it would be just my luck that shortly after the splurge would come the announcment of it as a DMC Exclusive!

Darby