Alice in Wonderland: 60th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray, 2011

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Lorddh wrote:I'm so anxious for this to come out!
February is so close from now...hopefully they don't change the date!
Me too! I just checked today and the release day is exactly 50 days away! :) Then, after that, it's only a month wait until Bambi. I'm hoping they insert Dumbo sometime into the Spring, too!
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

MJW wrote:
Lorddh wrote:I'm so anxious for this to come out!
February is so close from now...hopefully they don't change the date!
Me too! I just checked today and the release day is exactly 50 days away! :) Then, after that, it's only a month wait until Bambi. I'm hoping they insert Dumbo sometime into the Spring, too!
You totally made my day! ahhhh! 2011 will be a great year! Plus the Incredibles is also coming out in Spring... So I'm guessing Dumbo will be released during fall 011, since Lion King is the only movie we know that is coming out on the fall...
When Spring has Alice, Bambi, and the Incredibles.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is this an international release as well ? Or will it just be America, as the other DVD was ?
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Here's hoping. The last few Diamonds have been fairly consistent with the American release dates, but not so much the non-Diamond Disney releases.

Just in case, I'll be keeping a tab on whether the Blu-ray is region free, as this will be a title I'll definitely import if there's no concrete word on an international release.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

We did get Dumbo on Blu though didnt we ? Along with the non-Diamond Black Cauldron and so on I suppose ?

But even though we got the small re-releases like Oliver and Co, we never got Alice last year, and thats always puzzled me :? The film has been released so many times over here, it was such a shock for it not to, especially with the live action movie as well.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is this an international release as well ? Or will it just be America, as the other DVD was ?
In Germany, it will be released on Blu-ray and DVD together with Bambi on March 10. As well as the previous R2-releases, the new DVD will be only a single disc though.

Image Image

Regarding a UK release, keep in mind that we only know about the new bonus features, because the bbfc had rated them. So there will be a UK release and the blu-ray (and maybe the DVD also) will contain all the stuff from the US-edition.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh my gosh ! Thank you for that news Scamander, it really put my mind at rest with regards to owning the new addition !
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I'm glad this one will have the full compliment of supporting features on the discs (unlike Fantasia). Look forward to seeing what the new master looks like.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

It comes on Blu-ray and DVD in Norway in February, so it's safe to say that it's a international release:)
DisneyLuver
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyLuver »

I don't know what rock I've been living under... but I missed the announcement of this release! :shock: And considering I check UD (which is what I will still call it, haha) every day.. well, I didn't see how that happened! :lol:

But oh my, I just preordered this and can hardly wait! Just a little over a month!
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Only a month to go before this title is released in the US!

I'm hoping we get a $10 off coupon, at what point does that usually become available before a release?
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Apparently it's released in the UK on February 28th. We get Bambi first on February 7th.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow, long time no speak BellesPrince ! (If you are the guy I'm thinking of ... :) )

May I just ask how you know its being released over here on the 28th ? I couldnt see it on amazon.co.uk and other simmilar sites ?
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:May I just ask how you know its being released over here on the 28th ? I couldnt see it on amazon.co.uk and other simmilar sites ?
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1758 ... fer=search
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/17568561 ... fer=search

And also courtesy of Play.com, here's the DVD cover art (basically just the Un-Anniversary cover):

Last edited by Wonderlicious on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Atlantica, if you check my website, that should answer your question. :)

As for the release date for Alice.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1758 ... fer=search
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Gosh, thanks guys !! Thats like the one site I didnt check....stupid me, :lol:

SO thrilled its 100% coming !! I wonder why amazon hasnt listed it yet ? And I see we are getting the UnAnniversary Edition DVD now, but listed as 60th Anniversary. Makes sense.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Does DMR usually send out an email if and when a coupon becomes available for an upcoming title? Most of the time I find out through someone's post on this board, so I am wondering where they see it first.

I tried entering the UPC from my old Alice in Wonderland VHS (don't have the DVD) into DMR last night, just to see if the coupon was available yet, but it said that code was not recognized. :lol:
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

MJW wrote:Does DMR usually send out an email if and when a coupon becomes available for an upcoming title? Most of the time I find out through someone's post on this board, so I am wondering where they see it first.

I tried entering the UPC from my old Alice in Wonderland VHS (don't have the DVD) into DMR last night, just to see if the coupon was available yet, but it said that code was not recognized. :lol:
They show it on their website :)
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Bonus features

Post by geniuswalt »

A look at the new bonus features on the official Disney Home Entertainment Channel on Youtube

among others:

http://www.youtube.
com/watch?v=ZiexvW0Bc3U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

geniuswalt wrote:A look at the new bonus features on the official Disney Home Entertainment Channel on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiexvW0Bc3U
Awesome, thanks geniuswalt!

And are these clips from "Through the Keyhole"? If so, then that's AWESOME if it's featured for the whole film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhxFmWYCGXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ThEwR9B-g

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?