The Disney Book Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ARL-Anima ... =mf&v=wall
(via miceage.com)
ARL: Animation Research Library - Our next book in The Archive Series, DESIGN, is slated to hit booksellers later this year. DESIGN highlights conceptual character and environment art from selected shorts and features, including the latest holiday special PREP & LANDING, and this year's newest full-length animated feature, TANGLED!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Thought that I'd bump this, seeing as I've updated my list. :)
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Wonderlicious wrote:Thought that I'd bump this, seeing as I've updated my list. :)
Why did you get rid of Disney that Never Was?
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Heil Donald Duck wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:Thought that I'd bump this, seeing as I've updated my list. :)
Why did you get rid of Disney that Never Was?
He didn't get rid of it. He crossed it out of his "Want" list and put it under his "Has" list. Great acquirement, Wondy!

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
eralkfang
Limited Issue

Post by eralkfang »

Oh my goodness, all these collections look great! REINIER, thanks for posting pictures.

I would love to start collecting the "The Art of…" books; do you guys have any advice for acquiring the out-of-print ones? Or should I just keep an eye on eBay and the used section of Amazon?
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Escapay wrote:
Heil Donald Duck wrote: Why did you get rid of Disney that Never Was?
He didn't get rid of it. He crossed it out of his "Want" list and put it under his "Has" list. Great acquirement, Wondy!

albert
I wasn't paying too much of attention. My bad.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

So no one picked up "Two Guys Named Joe" this past August?

It was John Canemaker's latest book covering Disney animation history, focused on two leading storyman. The first half is dedicated to Joe Ranft, who became a top storyman for Pixar. The second half is for Joe Grant, who worked on the earliest Disney features, and came back later to work on their Renaissance features.

It's a very good read. Shows how the legacy of two studios were shaped by versatile storytelling.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

Semaj wrote:So no one picked up "Two Guys Named Joe" this past August?
I tried to. None of my bookstores had it in stock. I like to see my Disney books in person before buying.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

It was John Canemaker's latest book covering Disney animation history, focused on two leading storyman. The first half is dedicated to Joe Ranft, who became a top storyman for Pixar. The second half is for Joe Grant, who worked on the earliest Disney features, and came back later to work on their Renaissance features.

It's a very good read. Shows how the legacy of two studios were shaped by versatile storytelling.
Probably the one of the main reason what sets Disney apart form the rest although some GAC members might disagree.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

SillySymphony wrote:
I tried to. None of my bookstores had it in stock. I like to see my Disney books in person before buying.
It might show up at the library someday.
Heil Donald Duck wrote:

Probably the one of the main reason what sets Disney apart form the rest although some GAC members might disagree.
Yes, some people can't seem to understand that Disney has a completely different heritage from the other GAC studios. Among other things, Disney's storymen seemed to have more power and recognition than the directors, whereas it was the opposite at WB and MGM.
rsandcm1
Limited Issue

Disney books

Post by rsandcm1 »

Sorry if this has already been brought up before, but I'm just curious if there are any good books about the 53 animated classics. I'm not looking for books filled only with drawings by the animators. I'm trying to find books that contain interesting information about the behind-the-scenes, production information and fun trivia of the classics. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Whose Line, Boy Meets World, Adventures In Wonderland, Growing Pains, Walker Texas Ranger, 7th Heaven, Brotherly Love, Saved By The Bell, Full House, Muppets Tonight, The Nanny, Home Improvement, Silver Spoons, Family Matters, Reba, The Drew Carey Show,
Rowi
Limited Issue

Re: Disney books

Post by Rowi »

I have this one and I really, really love it!! Unfortunately, it only goes to Hercules. An updated version would be great!!

http://www.amazon.ca/Encyclopedia-Walt- ... 0786863366
Escapay

Re: Disney books

Post by Escapay »

I'll merge this with the existing The Disney Book Thread, which is a helpful start for anyone wanting to start their Disney book collection. It covers a lot of ground with all things Disney (check out Lars Vermundsberget's post that lists a whole compendium of Disney books), and for books that are specific to each film, most will have an "Art of" or "Making of" book from Beauty and the Beast onward. From my own collection, I have making/art books for Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Tangled, and Frozen.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Jc

Re: The Disney Book Thread

Post by Jc »

Got this baby recently! Couldn't be happier :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPCv16b_Yo[/youtube]
"Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!"
"Awesome! Totally awesome!" - Jeff Spicoli, Surfer Extraordinaire
blackcauldron85

Re:

Post by blackcauldron85 »

akhenaten wrote:WHATEVER REMAINS OF MY PEOPLES IS VISIBLE IN MEET THE ROBINSONS. IN THE ROBINSONS LAB OF REJECTS :d
I was watching Meet The Robinsons (2007) and i noticed in the flashback sequence if you look closely at the other displays. You can see the main characters from Disney's Cancelled Movie "My Peoples"
https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/c ... 007_and_i/

I was going to add this tidbit to either MTR or My Peoples thread, but Search found this post by akhenaten that is related. Super-neat find!