Jungle Cruise

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
stitch79

Jungle Cruise

Post by stitch79 »

Hey all! I just saw this news story.....I wonder how this ride based film will turn out.

Disney books 'Jungle Cruise'
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Although it's a favorite ride, for sentimental reasons mostly, my response is : Bleh.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

I have a great I idea for the movie! It can be about a low-life young man (Leonardo DiCaprio) who meets a high-class young woman (Kate Winslet) on a Jungle Cruise, and they fall deeply in love! When the woman's fiance finds out about their relationship, he tries to sabotoge them! However, all of a sudden, the cruise boat hits a big rock in the middle of the river and starts to sink! The two lovers run from the fiance while at the same time tr to excape the sinking! It'll be a great tragic romance!

Oh wait, that's Titanic. Don't you hate it when you get good ideas, but you realize it's already been done? :|
Ludwig Von Drake
Special Edition

Post by Ludwig Von Drake »

I think it will just be a remake of The Jungle Book as a safari.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

[sarcasm]Hey! Great idea! I smell another huge blockbuster! $400 million!!![/sarcasm]
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Well, I, for one, am excited for this! :P Sure, they might screw it up, but we ran that risk with POTC, and they didn't do it. I think if it's a big budget adventure film, a la Mummy or Jurassic Park, then it could be not only amazing, but amazingly successful. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

what a relief, I thought I was the only one going "um...why?"

Can you imagine a It's a Small World Movie or an Enchanted Tiki Room Movie? heeheehee but that's what happens when originality is sucked dry.
snowbot
Gold Classic Collection

Post by snowbot »

Let me just say that I predicted this over in the forum entitled "the next disney movie based off a ride, vote!". A-hem. Let me quote myself:
snowbot wrote:I would say The Jungle Cruise. It's another old school "e-ticket" ride, with enough lee-way to actually insert a good plotline and stuff. It could work.
I would also like to give credit to awallaceunc (aka aaron) for making the same prediction:
awallaceunc wrote:I also think Jungle Cruise or The Timekeeper have some potential.
I guess The Jungle Cruise is the obvious next choice for a big budget film adaptation. I still agree that it could make a successful film, if done right. It could also turn out to be a huge embarrasment for Disney and a complete waste of time and money, if not done right. I suppose time will tell.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Well put, snobot (and thanks for the shout out!). I really think the action/adventure-flavored-with-comedy style of The Mummy is perfect for this. After all, it's that tone that defines the ride and makes it memorable. Emphasis on the action/adventure is important, though!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

I dont recall going on this ride so Ihave no idea how the plot line of thie movie can go however I will say that I am defintley excited I enjoyed both Disney movies that have been based on rides. I know that there are those who doubt however I think there is great potential :) .
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

Didn't Eisner tell that haunted Mansion was the last Ride based movie???

F******G LIAR!!!
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

I remember being EXTREMELY skeptical right about this time last year when "Pirates of the Carribean" was coming up, and here it turned out to be great!!

The big difference here is that I loved the Pirates ride at Disneyworld; the Jungle Cruise was my least favorite.

But, we'll have to wait and see ...
Leonia
Special Edition

Post by Leonia »

Heh, that was the first ride I went on when I took my Mom to Disneyland on Mother's Day. :)

That was the last thing to come to mind when Disney announced a "Jungle Cruise" movie, though.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Are snobot and I the only ones with an optimistic outlook for this? I'm excited! :)

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

I'm excited too-I hope it's not a fantasy of any sorts, but a real cut-throat adventure through the jungle, complete with a couple who're madly in love, but forced apart, evil mercinaries (sp?), and, of course, snakes and alligators and bugs.

Actually, that may be too bland. But an ancient jungle civilization with strange curses could work...
Defy Gravity...
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

awallaceunc wrote:Are snobot and I the only ones with an optimistic outlook for this? I'm excited! :)

-Aaron
O ya!!! I'm so excited!! ......not. Well, not that much.:P Sure, Pirates did awesome at the box office and all, but that was very loosely based on the ride. It also incorporated a wonderful script with a great cast. That's where Country Bears and Haunted Mansion fell too gereatly. They didn't have a perfect mixture of elements, ans thus they failed. Now I do have hope for Jungle Cruise. I think it has great potential. It could fail in a heartbeat, all because of a extra spoonful of salt. Hoefully, Disney will look and figure out exactly what was so good about Pirates and encorporate those same rules to Jungle Cruise. I'll personally wait to see the trailer, reviews, and the movie before I make any prejudgements. But, in the end, Jungle Cruise could turn out to be the next Pirates, JP, or Mummy. It just needs the proper care it deserves. O ya, and just because it's got the same name and extremely loose storyline of a theme park ride, doesn't mean it should be banished to the eternal backburner of the Disney Vault. I'll definitely have an optimistic view towards this film. Just my 0.02$ 8)
My Blog

- Paul
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Great! :) I agree w/ everything you said, EXCEPT that POTC was loosely adapted from the ride. I think it followed it about as well as a movie could follow a ride like that, even moreso than HM did. I haven't seen The Country Bears, though.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

awallaceunc wrote:Great! :) I agree w/ everything you said, EXCEPT that POTC was loosely adapted from the ride. I think it followed it about as well as a movie could follow a ride like that, even moreso than HM did. I haven't seen The Country Bears, though.

-Aaron
You could be right. :roll: I went on that ride at WDW almost 5 years ago, and I'm not sure if my tiny teenage brain has a true remebering of it. Whatever the case, Disney: keep up with the unoriginal storylines and we'll all still have some opinion to say! :lol: :thumb:
My Blog

- Paul
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Understandable. I saw the movie (opening night) less than a month after riding the ride at WDW. :)

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

KinOO wrote:
Didn't Eisner tell that haunted Mansion was the last Ride based movie???
Actually, he said that "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" would be the last movie based on an attraction, so if "The Jungle Cruise" is released before then, he technically didn't lie about that. However, they are now filming 2 sequels to POTC, so he broke that rule already anyway.

I don't think a "Jungle Cruise" movie could work, but I'll have to wait and see.