Tangled (aka Rapunzel) Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The trailer was shown before Toy Story 3 at Odeon in the UK, and the audience loved it ! Children were laughing, as well as adults; and a few people 'woooped' at the end as well.

The anticipation to know more about this film is killing me !
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlBswjJC-g
New exclusive video of the animation designing and techniques.It gives a summary on a few places in the movie.
0:53 is just beautiful!
Last edited by Candy-Bonita95 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

OH

MY

GOODNESS

!!

I have died and gone ot heaven !! It's beautiful !!
DISNEYLAND was the inspiration for it ?! And was that some of Alan Menken's music you could hear ?!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlBswjJC-g
New exclusive video of the animation designing and techniques.It gives a summary on a few places in the movie.
0:53 is just beautiful!
Oh, gosh... Just wonderful!

And I have a feeling The Snuggly Duckling would make a great replacement for Gaston's Tavern in this Fantasyland expansion. But never mind that.

And yes, atlanticaunderthesea, I think that was apart of Menken's score! mawnck could you perhaps tell us if you recognize that music as being apart of the film?

I can't believe I'm so excited for this film.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

[quote="UmbrellaFishAnd I have a feeling The Snuggly Duckling would make a great replacement for Gaston's Tavern in this Fantasyland expansion. But never mind that.

I can't believe I'm so excited for this film.[/quote]

I feel the same ! :D

Yes ! how perfect for the people who made the film, to put a peice of the film into the environment that inspired them. I personally want Rapunzel's Tower in there somewhere ... :)
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

OMG This is the most "Disney" looking movie Disney has made since The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. This is amazing! So lush and wonderfull and magical. I do think we can all agree that that shot of the camera zooming into the trees looks as painterly as can be, and it's 3D CGI, just look at the individual blades of grass!! AMAZING!!!

I capped some of the shots:

TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Wow, that was a great video! I'm actually really excited now about the film. Though I'm still not happy with the name change, everything else about the film looks amazing. I would totally live there! Good stuff.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

The pub remind me of a on crack version of Aurora's house with the tree deal and even the inside.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Tangled

Post by Disney Duster »

GLORIOUS!

But it's so funny because the whol thing looks so classy, traditional, and beautiful, and then...the name Tangled appears and it seems like wtf?! That doesn't fit! Oh, man...

Those trees are painterly, I'm just not sure if they'll look like that in the final film. But robster thank you for the hard work to make those amazing composites of the artwork, thank you a lot.

And the directors love Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. Two guys. Awesome.
fatcake
Limited Issue

Post by fatcake »

The video is awsome! The first time I saw this video I was practikly squeling espicialy when they showed R walking in the forest, the forest is so beautyful! :)
mawnck
Limited Issue

Post by mawnck »

UmbrellaFish wrote:mawnck could you perhaps tell us if you recognize that music as being apart of the film?
Two months later? Unh-unh. But that is most definitely the sort of score it has. So I'm going with "probably."
Disney Duster wrote:Those trees are painterly, I'm just not sure if they'll look like that in the final film.
A lot of that stuff is concept art and may be over-selling things a bit. It's not THAT painterly, nor would you want it to be. Your eyeballs would not be pleased with you after the first 15 minutes or so.

That being said ... There wasn't much fully completed animation in our test screening, but the shot of the pathway through the trees at 1:26 in the video, corresponding to still #5 in robster's post, looks straight-out-of-the-movie to me. Also that shot of Rapunzel in the forest at 1:42, the tower at 1:09, and possibly the castle at 2:54.

I'm trying to picture all this in 3D. I think I like what I'm picturing.

And HALLELUJAH for this video. Now we're getting somewhere!
Disney Duster

Tangled

Post by Disney Duster »

mawnck wrote:That being said ... There wasn't much fully completed animation in our test screening, but the shot of the pathway through the trees at 1:26 in the video, corresponding to still #5 in robster's post, looks straight-out-of-the-movie to me. Also that shot of Rapunzel in the forest at 1:42, the tower at 1:09, and possibly the castle at 2:54.
If THAT is TRUE...!!!! Okay, here's the thing, the shots you just described, except for Rapunzel in the forest, look really, really painterly to me, and so I know they at least tried and kept some of that look!

However, I'm pretty sure the castle at the end is that piece of concept art that we've had for a looooong time, just with moving water. But if the final shot looks just like that, then Hallelujah we have a painterly movie!!!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thank you for the information, mawnck! I'm glad the music seems to ring some sort of bell. You've been really invaluable! :D
mawnck
Limited Issue

Re: Tangled

Post by mawnck »

Disney Duster wrote:the shots you just described, except for Rapunzel in the forest,
That wasn't painterly enough for you? Sheesh, tough crowd! :D

I also draw your attention to the animation in that shot. For me, that's at least as amazing as the artwork. Let's see Jimmy Cameron and Bobby Zemeckis get movement that realistic out of their electric wetsuits!

If all the finished stuff looks half that good, then Tangled's going to be even better than I've been telling people.
UmbrellaFish wrote:Thank you for the information, mawnck! I'm glad the music seems to ring some sort of bell. You've been really invaluable! :D
I still have this fear that they're going to make wholesale changes at the last minute, and everybody will go all Al Lutz Hater on me. ("It wasn't ANYTHING like you said! You LIED just to get attention!")
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Wow! The advertising is building up for this! Here's a sneak peek at some rough animation of Mother Gothel, the main characters, and I'm assuming the Viking that Brad Garrett voices.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Wow! The advertising is building up for this! Here's a sneak peek at some rough animation of Mother Gothel, the main characters, and I'm assuming the Viking that Brad Garrett voices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJCTsogXV4o
Polizzi
Special Edition

Rapunzel (Tangled) Film Art

Post by Polizzi »

Last edited by Polizzi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Polizzi that post is kind of obnoxious. Would you mind taking out at least a few of those pictures? As gorgeous as they are.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

SWillie! wrote:Polizzi that post is kind of obnoxious. Would you mind taking out at least a few of those pictures? As gorgeous as they are.
Agreed. Maybe you should link to them instead?
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

35 images in a row.

Now I remembered why I don't read Rapunzel threads.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?