Post pictures of Disney characters!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

This could either work or not work, but I've seen on one or two other forums (I was only doing one-off lurking, honest :P) some threads where people post pictures of characters.

1. They should be people in costume (not animatronics, statues or puppets).

2. Leave a good 24 hours before posting again with pictures, and don't post any more than three in one go. It allows for more people to post certain pictures, and prevents people who have miraculously got pictures of every single character posting time and time again. It adds variety, should we say.

3. Try not to post a character/costume that has been posted before. Of course, you can post a character who has already been represented if they are wearing something different (e.g. Mickey in a suit vs Sorcerer Mickey), or if the costume is different (Disney sometimes tweeks the designs of the characters' masks and costumes). And naturally, if there's a picture of a character who hasn't been posted featuring with one who has, then that'll be okay. If this thread takes off, I shall try and edit to include an index, but it's of no use for the time being.

4. These pictures should be official characters, as in featuring within the Disney parks, resorts and official functions, and being employed by Disney to portray the characters. You don't have to feature in them at all; they could also be from parades or from shows, or just characters who you happened to snap quickly while you were otherwise busy.

5. They should be from films/attractions/TV shows/games/shorts. Don't include random performers (eg dancers in a parade), seasonal celebration characters (eg snowmen and toy soldiers who only appear in the Christmas parades) or street performers (eg fake Hollywood stars, the Dapper Dans).

6. Give some context to the pictures. Where and when were your pictures taken?

7. They have to be your own! Otherwise, that'd be plagiarism. ;) If you've got a picture or image of a particularly rare character that you didn't take (aka: if it was in a family collection, a screencap from a TV sepcial you found on an old tape), feel free to share.

NOW, LET'S GO! :D

INDEX OF CHARACTERS:

A
Aladdin (Prince Ali), Page 1
Ariel (human, cold weather), Page 3
Ariel (mermaid, cold weather, DLP parade), Page 2
Ariel (mermaid, warm weather, DLP parade), Page 3
Aurora (blue dress), Page 2
Aurora (pink dress), Page 3

B
Belle (ball gown), Page 2
Belle (village dress), Page 1
Buzz Lightyear, Page 1

C
Cinderella, Page 3
Cruella De Vil, Page 1

D
Daisy (regular dress), Page 1
Dale (sailor), Page 1
Donald (ranger), Page 1
Donald (studio employee), Page 1
Duffy, Page 2

E
Emile, Page 2

F
Flynn Rider, Page 3

G
Gaston, Page 3
Gepetto, Page 2
Goliath, Page 1
Governor Ratcliffe, Page 2

H

I

J
Jack Sparrow, Page 1
Jane, Page 1
Jasmine, Page 1
Jessie, Page 2
JoJo, Page 1

K
Kenai, Page 1
Koda, Page 1

L
Lilo, Page 1

M
Mary Poppins (Jolly Holiday dress), Page 1
Meg, Page 1
Mickey (regular suit and tie), Page 1
Mr Incredible, Page 1
Mulan, Page 1

N
Naveen, Page 1
Nemo, Page 1

O

P
Perla, Page 2
Peter Pan, Page 1
Phil, Page 1
Pluto (as chef), Page 1
Pocahontas, Page 1
Prince Charming, Page 1
Prince Eric (cape and waistcoat costume), Page 2
Prince Philip, Page 3

Q
Queen (Snow White), Page 1
Queen of Hearts, Page 1

R
Rapunzel, Page 3
Remy, Page 2

S
Scrooge McDuck, Page 1
Snow White, Page 3
Stitch, Page 1
Suzy, Page 2

T
Tarzan, Page 1
Terrence, Page 3
Tiana, Page 1
Timon, Page 2

U

V

W
Wendy, Page 1
Woody, Page 2

X,Y and Z
Last edited by Wonderlicious on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Righty ho, I'll begin with one or two pictures from Disneyland Paris, all taken earlier this month (July 2010).

Donald Duck as a studio employee outside Rock and Roller Coaster at the Walt Disney Studios theme park.

Tiana and Naveen just walking along Main Street USA over to the bandstand on Town Square, where I believe their meet-and-greet is taking place.

Yours truly posing with Scrooge McDuck in Fantasyland.
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ColorsOfTheWind »

Hurray! I actually have an album on Facebook designated for pictures I get with characters around Disneyland (or, in some cases, at special events). I'll post another 3 too :)

This here is a picture at Mickey's Trick or Treat Party at Disneyland. The character is the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, with me as Belle and my friend as Cinderella.

This was taken at the D23 event for The Princess and the Frog. After the movie, guests were invited to take pictures with all the princesses. This is me with Mulan.

Same as above, except this is with Pocahontas :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

All these photos were taken 7 years ago at Walt Disney World-

Belle and I at her Story Time session. She asked me to play Maurice, but I declined. Who would have thought seven years later, I'd be playing her romantic love interest instead? :P

My cousins and I with Nemo and two sea weed people at the entrance of the park. You can't see my face in this one. Probably a good thing.

My cousins and I with the one and only- Mary Poppins! I remember this was somewhere near Cinderella's Carousel, because I believe she had just finished riding the attraction. I was star struck.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I have a LOT, so I'll definitely be back to post more!

Pluto at Chef Mickey's in 2005:

Meg and Phil at Hollywood Studios in 2005:

Donald, Koda, and Kenai interacting at Animal Kingdom in 2006:

Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Good photos everyone. I wasn't even sure that Phil was ever featured a walk-around character, so that was a good catch. Anyway, to keep this going, I'll add a few more from my aforementioned last Disney trip earlier this month...

Aladdin and Jasmine in the Stars and Cars Parade at Walt Disney Studios (this parade was imported from Florida)

Jack Sparrow in Adventureland

Daisy Duck in Fantasyland, out around the same time as Scrooge McDuck
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Can we also make a rule that they have to be pictures that lean towards being good pictures where you see the characters clearly and more up close than far away?

Your Aladdin and Jasmine picture seems iffy to me! If you wanted the Genie, post a picture of him!

Otherwise, you have other excellent pictures, particularly I think it's nice seeing the people posting these pictures up close with the characters so your Scrooge McDuck one is, well, gold! And you get extra coins for your cool, excited posing!

I swear there was a thread already like this but honestly I think it's something that must be done every once in a while to get new pictures of our same favorites and try to out-do each last one with better pictures.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackcauldron85

Wonderlicious wrote: Image
Jack Sparrow in Adventureland
Adventureland in Paris? If so, did he have a French accent, or did he sound like usual?

Three more from me:

Jane and Tarzan at Magic Kingdom at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in 2005:

Prince Charming at 1900 Park Faire in 2005:

Goliath and Jojo at Hollywood Studios in 2005:

UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

More photos from the same trip (WDW, 2003)

My cousins and I on the ferry to the Magic Kingdom with Sailor Chip.

My cousins and I with Lilo and Stitch in Adventureland(?).

My cousins and I with Mickey Mouse at Cinderella's Castle. There's a neat story about what happened with this picture... You see, when I was little, my cousins and I created a film production company called "Kids Club". I was president, producer, writer, and director of pretty much everything. Anyway, we sent a script to the Walt Disney Studios, and we included this photo so we could verify we were who we said we were. Well the kicker is, they actually sent us back something! Of course, it was an apology letter stating they couldn't take our idea and several extra goodies, but looking back on it, that was one of the nicest gestures ever bestowed upon me in my early childhood.
blackcauldron85

UmbrellaFish wrote: Image
My cousins and I with Lilo and Stitch in Adventureland(?).
Looks like Animal Kingdom to me...

And I didn't know that characters go on the ferryboat!!!!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Looks like Animal Kingdom to me...

And I didn't know that characters go on the ferryboat!!!!
It must be Animal Kingdom, then. My memory is a little fuzzy on these pictures, but I do remember we went to AK and now that you mention it, it would make a lot of sense if that's where the picture was taken.

About the ferryboat- Both Chip and Dale were on the boat if I remember correctly, and I think we got a picture with Dale, too, I just don't have that one on my computer.
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

Here's some more from me :)

Mickey's Trick or Treat Party 2009. My friend (dressed as Cinderella) and me (dressed as Belle) with Peter and Wendy. Sorry it's a bit fuzzy!

Same as above, but with The Evil Queen from Snow White.

My friend and I at California Adventure with Mr. Incredible!
blackcauldron85

ColorsOfTheWind wrote: Image
:o I didn't know that you could meet her!!!!! And I'm sure that she was thrilled to be surrounded by princesses! I love you two's dresses!!!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Re: Post pictures of Disney characters!

Post by Wonderlicious »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Adventureland in Paris? If so, did he have a French accent, or did he sound like usual?
Yep, Adventureland in Paris. Jack Sparrow makes very frequent appearances there, probably more than he does in the American parks. He spoke in full English, so I guess that he was played by a Brit in this case (Disney auditions people from both France and Britain to play characters for Disneyland Paris).

And cute story about the production company UmbrellaFish! :D Btw, it's not actually Chip you've got but Dale, as he has a red nose and the two buck teeth (http://webspace.webring.com/people/ap/p ... pnDale.htm).
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Wonderlicious wrote:Btw, it's not actually Chip you've got but Dale, as he has a red nose and the two buck teeth (http://webspace.webring.com/people/ap/p ... pnDale.htm).
:oops:

And I call myself a Disney fan!

I knew I should have looked those two up before I actually posted... lol :lol:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I knew I should have looked those two up before I actually posted... lol :lol:
Don't worry, it's an easy mistake. :lol: I pretty much forced myself to learn their differences once a few years ago and as a result I know my Chips from my Dales.
blackcauldron85

An easy way to remember is: Who has a nose like a chocolate chip??? It's Chip!
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:
ColorsOfTheWind wrote: Image
:o I didn't know that you could meet her!!!!! And I'm sure that she was thrilled to be surrounded by princesses! I love you two's dresses!!!
Thank you! And she was a lot of fun :) We actually caught her JUST as she was leaving, so she seemed very annoyed. I'm not sure whether she was angry we were making her stay to get a picture with us or if she was just acting like the Queen :P either way, I know for sure she wasn't happy to be around us princesses haha.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:An easy way to remember is: Who has a nose like a chocolate chip??? It's Chip!
Thanks for the tip, Amy! I think I'll use it!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

A few more photos from the aforementioned trip earlier this month.

The Evil Queen and Cruella De Vil aken from the Stars and Cars parade, just as the Villains float was rolling by.

Buzz Lightyear at the Walt Disney Studios, along with a reasonably crazed fan.