Finding Dory

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Finding Nemo 2 Discussion

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Jim Hill says that Disney already registered the domain names:

Is Pixar planning on producing some "Finding Nemo" sequels?
http://jimhillmedia.com/Editor_In_Chief ... quels.aspx

And he also says that, while not necessarily meaning that the movie will happen, it's happened before where Disney has registered domain names for sequels, and then they have happened...

I don't get what's with Pixar going sequel-crazy lately. They can make all these sequels, but not work to fix Newt? :(

I know that some people on here have mentioned Finding Dory, right? I do enjoy Dory...some people on Jim Hill Media mentioned Nemo falling in love...but then he'd have to be older... I don't know how I feel about this...
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

This would be a mistake, and yet I'd not be surprised if it happend. Pixar is going to loose their perfect record if they keep making squeals.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Well, I know I mentioned Finding Coral which would have been about Nemo's mother, but I'm not exactly sure I'm glad this sequel might be going through. Just too, too many sequels right now, especially from Pixar....
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/d ... equel.html
What would be the main addresses for any possible sequels to Finding Nemo —findingnemo2.com and findingnemo3.com— have been owned by Disney since March 2000.
So I guess we have no idea at this point...
Yesterday's registrations are probably only a prudent step, common in the industry, to prevent opportunists from taking over domains tied to a valuable brand.
Time will tell, I guess. Maybe since they're making so many sequels, they wanted to just be extra sure that no one else makes the site before Disney registers it...

But I wouldn't rule out a sequel...
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Hasn't Andrew Stanton said he will never, ever make a sequel to Finding Nemo? Bird has said that an Incredibles 2 is not out of the question and Pete Docter has also never said a Monsters Inc sequel isn't possible. But I've read a number of interviews in which Stanton has publicly said that there will never be sequels to Finding Nemo and Wall-E. And Pixar doesn't make sequels without the director's permissions (Toy Story 2 and 3, Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2 are all based on story treatments by Lasseter and Docter, respectively).
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I really hope they don't come up with a sequel to EVERY Pixar movie ever released.

Pixar would lose it's reputation. Original ideas are out there waiting to be made....

I get why it's easy to focus on sequels, but have some respect for your company.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

So long as it's a movie that they want to make, and not a movie that they're told to make, I'm for it. After all, if Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 are any indication, a Pixar sequel can be good enough standing on its own as well as part of a series.

Plus, sequels can have original ideas. They just utilize them with familiar characters.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Escapay wrote:So long as it's a movie that they want to make, and not a movie that they're told to make, I'm for it. After all, if Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 are any indication, a Pixar sequel can be good enough standing on its own as well as part of a series.

Plus, sequels can have original ideas. They just utilize them with familiar characters.

albert
I totally agree on that,

furthermore these are rich characters and their beautifull
sea surroundings are enough for me to vote yes on any nemo sequel.

If you want to check out another nemo story I highly recommend

finding nemo: reef rescue from boom comics,
great illustrations and decent storytelling

I do wonder if they wil stick with these titles though..

I think that finding nemo again is better than finding nemo 2
though I can imagine that would rule out a third :D

Then again, whose to say they won't use subtitles
like ''reef rescue''

Your thoughts? :wink:
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

estefan wrote:Hasn't Andrew Stanton said he will never, ever make a sequel to Finding Nemo? Bird has said that an Incredibles 2 is not out of the question and Pete Docter has also never said a Monsters Inc sequel isn't possible. But I've read a number of interviews in which Stanton has publicly said that there will never be sequels to Finding Nemo and Wall-E. And Pixar doesn't make sequels without the director's permissions (Toy Story 2 and 3, Cars 2 and Monsters Inc 2 are all based on story treatments by Lasseter and Docter, respectively).
I thought it was originally said that Docter would never make a Monster's, Inc. sequel? I believe that if Lasseter wills it, it will happen. I know they say it's all about the director's wishes, but if Pixar thinks it will be lucrative, they won't pass up hundreds of millions just to respect a director's wish. If they believe the time has come for a sequel, it will happen. I'm very skeptical they'd just pass on the money to honor a director.

As for Finding Dory that's the idea I've been pushing. Dory gets lost, makes friends with everyone in the big ocean she meets while Marlin/Nemo are stressing to find her.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

REINIER wrote:If you want to check out another nemo story I highly recommend

That looks awful! :shock:

As a comics fan, I think this kind of childish, cheap stuff (that's how it looks) give comics a bad name.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I really doubt this will happen, I'll believe it when I see it announced.

If it does, I guess Ellen will have finally gotten what she has been lobbying for all these years, heh.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Goliath wrote:
REINIER wrote:If you want to check out another nemo story I highly recommend

That looks awful! :shock:

As a comics fan, I think this kind of childish, cheap stuff (that's how it looks) give comics a bad name.
:lol:
I see what you mean, but in terms of disney comics I think it could have been far worse, in Holland we have something called
disney filmstrip.....simply horrifying
:wink:
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
megustajake
Gold Classic Collection

Post by megustajake »

Neal wrote:As for Finding Dory that's the idea I've been pushing. Dory gets lost, makes friends with everyone in the big ocean she meets while Marlin/Nemo are stressing to find her.
If they do make a sequel to Finding Nemo, I think any plot involving the search of a lost character would feel redundant.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Aren't all sequels inherently redundant?
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Neal wrote:Aren't all sequels inherently redundant?
Not necessarily, I mean visually and storywise I think Toy Story 2+3 had great things to offer.

Now and again there's jewels to be found..

Altough not animated Dark Knight is a great example right?

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Neal wrote:Aren't all sequels inherently redundant?
only the bad ones...
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Go to the 3:55 mark of this youtube to hear a line another Disney sequel that I think should be the main thing of a FInding Nemo 2?
TIMON wrote:
Hey! Wait! Come back! Oh... who can keep track of her? Kiara-- come back! {He hops up on Pumbaa, and they run after her-- but she's far ahead already.} Oh... she's gone again! Somebody's gotta get a beeper for this kid!
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

REINIER wrote: :lol:
I see what you mean, but in terms of disney comics I think it could have been far worse, in Holland we have something called
disney filmstrip.....simply horrifying
The quality of the 'Disney Filmstrips' is varying from title to title. I don't understand why new versions are being made (for Snow White and Robin Hood, for example), when beautiful American (nespaper) versions already existed.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Finding Dory

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I couldn't find a Finding Nemo 2-specific thread so if there is one disregard this thread and I'll repost this there but the film is reportedly now in active development with Andrew Stanton at the helm.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/john-ca ... mo-sequel/
We're not going to Guam, are we?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Oh dear God.

Just.. No.