Haunted Mansion (2023)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!! :D

Finally, we'll hopefully be getting a Haunted Mansion movie done right! And this is coming from a guy who liked the Eddie Murphy version! :P
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Yay! Wait... Disney Double Dare you... isn't that an animation studio!!??

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

PLEASE let this be an animated HM film!!!
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
DiscoDan
Limited Issue

Post by DiscoDan »

This is actually good news to me even though I hate reboots and remakes. Del Toro is brilliant, I don't know why they thought a comedy would be a good idea in the first place.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Artwork for del Toro Haunted Mansion film
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest-ID-74913.asp

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/ ... scary.html
This project, along with his Disney Double Dare You! projects (looking forward to "Trollhunters," in particular) will make him quite busy for Disney Studios over the next few years.
Maybe it's in addition to DDD, then...
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I love this image so much I wanted to post the actual picture in this thread. This is awesome! I'm getting more and more excited over this project by the minute...

thanks for the update Blackcauldron! :)
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I see what Disney's new strategy is... Lure as many talented filmmakers as possible to Disney.

Del Toro, David Fincher, Rob Marshall, Tim Burton. Pretty smart strategy, Pixar has already proven that great films make money. Maybe Disney is finally catching on?
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

PatrickvD wrote:I see what Disney's new strategy is... Lure as many talented filmmakers as possible to Disney.

Del Toro, David Fincher, Rob Marshall, Tim Burton. Pretty smart strategy, Pixar has already proven that great films make money. Maybe Disney is finally catching on?
Maybe the stink of Eisner is finally gone, and his bad attitude and antagonism towards talent is wafting away every day, on the breeze..."It doesn't have to be that good" "We don't have to spend that much" "That person is not worth it" "Fire Lasseter, there is no future in CG animation"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I've never ridden the Haunted Mansion, and for the record, I don't hate the movie but I certainly don't look forward to watching its occasional ABC Family airings. Anyway, the point is I am very excited to see this movie!
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Rudy Matt wrote: Maybe the stink of Eisner is finally gone, and his bad attitude and antagonism towards talent is wafting away every day, on the breeze..."It doesn't have to be that good" "We don't have to spend that much" "That person is not worth it" "Fire Lasseter, there is no future in CG animation"
Who the hell said to fire Lasseter?! :?
DiscoDan
Limited Issue

Post by DiscoDan »

Speaking of this Disney Dare whatever business, I heard Disney owns all the rights to R. L. Stine's books, I'd love to see some real talent make a good Goosebumps movie or (even better) a Fear Street one.
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

DisneyJedi wrote:
Rudy Matt wrote: Maybe the stink of Eisner is finally gone, and his bad attitude and antagonism towards talent is wafting away every day, on the breeze..."It doesn't have to be that good" "We don't have to spend that much" "That person is not worth it" "Fire Lasseter, there is no future in CG animation"
Who the hell said to fire Lasseter?! :?
Katzenberg. Or Eisner. Lasseter only said in the PIXAR doc that a "head of the studio" (not saying CEO or Animation Studio Head) fired him after he presented an idea for a CGI Brave Little Toaster (long before the hand-drawn Brave Little Toaster came out).

Who the hell said fire Lasseter? The corrupt near-sighted Disney corporate machine.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Anybody's seen this beauty yet?

I crave for more!!!
:wink:
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

The Haunted Mansion is in great hands now. Love the artwork.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

OMG!!! :D

I would SO love it if this were animated! I'll still see it even if it is live action. But I'll give it bonus points if it's animated, especially in traditional form. :)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I'm hoping for a Tower of Terror re-boot/re-imagining. :)
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Didnt realise the Eddie Murphy one was hated so much. I thought it was decent enough for a rental. but I wasnt exactly anticipating it either, I had no idea what to expect. I liked it for what it was, even if I have no desire to see it again.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I'm more amaze that PrincePhillipfan isn't on this thread by now.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Super Aurora wrote:I'm more amaze that PrincePhillipfan isn't on this thread by now.
I know! That's who I immediately thought of when I saw the thread's title. He must be taking a break from UD.
Prince Charming 12
Gold Classic Collection

HAUNTED MANSION

Post by Prince Charming 12 »

I liked the first installment of the Haunted Mansion. The story moved along and the special effects were good. The story line did somewhat remind me of the Clue game, as it was designed around a "who done it" mystery. The integration of the attraction's scenes was a welcomed addition, too.

I am sure that this version will be very different! Is there a release date published yet?
Remember the Magic!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I'm probably going to get attacked for sharing this opinion, but oh well. Not that I have anything against del Toro (I don't think I've seen a single one of his films and don't care to), but I think he is the wrong choice for a Disney film. Fair enough, I said the same thing about Adam Sandler and "Bed Time Stories" turned out to be really good, but del Toro is not the first director I think of when I think Disney films.

I think just like the Spider-Man films, this is way to soon for a re-make, but re-make happy Hollywood seems to be closing that door closer and closer. Don't be surprised if within a decade or two we have re-makes of films a six months to a year after the original with the way things are going. Besides, weren't they going to make a Jungle Cruise film? What happen to that?

Finally, I liked the original. I've never been a fan of scary film, if I was I wouldn't be a Disney fan, and I liked how much comedy they put into it. It felt like a Disney film, a lot more then most of the so called "Disney" films the studio has made in the last decade. I have to say, at first I didn't agree with my wife about how Disney has dropped the "Walt" part of their name from their film titles, but based upon directions they seem to be going, best thing in the world actually. It's best to leave Walt out of it, and traces of his original company are basically gone, so why drag his name through the mud any longer?

Let the criticisms commence...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney