DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:08 am 
Limited Edition

It's DisneyToons - this is their follow-up project or side project to the Tink series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:16 am 
Limited Edition

Neal wrote:
It's DisneyToons - this is their follow-up project or side project to the Tink series.

Good lord! What a step backwards! Oh well, maybe they will surprise us again, who knows? I just really hope they keep their newfound quality consistent beyond the Disney Fairies series.

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 am 
Super Genius

My guess would be that this project is soly money-based for Disney. Seeing how in recent years Cars merchandise has sold more than Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. Which would then also explain why this is made at DisneyToons instead of Pixar. Smart business decision, I'll give 'em that much.

I don't really care much about Cars in general, but I did hope that the project at DisneyToons was something in traditional animation. So much for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:15 am 
Limited Edition

To be honest, I am rather glad that they are doing another CG project. Mostly because the only CG we've seen from them (The Disney Fairies series) has been very good (and improving as time goes on). Their past 2D efforts, however, have been bland and lackluster at best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:56 am 
Limited Edition

If this is anything of the quality that the Disney Fairies line is, then I have no problem with the project. At all. Even if it leads to more than one DTV from the Cars line.

To those of you still in limbo about viewing the Tinker Bell DTVs, please give them a chance. You, as you've been told already, will be pleasantly surprised.

Now excuse me....I need to go home and re-watch my Tink Blu-Rays.

Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:07 pm 
Limited Edition

Look! There's a shark! And there's Pixar jumping over it!

I'll keep my money thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:20 pm 
Platinum Edition

^ :lol:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/20/ ... ff-planes/

(via heyuguys.co.uk via laughingplace.com)

Quote:
The people working on the film certainly think it’s going to be a good film. They stressed to me that the film has “great characters” and “a tremendous story”, and I’m inclined to believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 pm 
Gold Collection

I don't really see how this can be that much worse than Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, DisneyToons last Pixar project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:55 pm 
Collector's Edition

Quote:
To those of you still in limbo about viewing the Tinker Bell DTVs, please give them a chance. You, as you've been told already, will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not in limbo. Tinker Bell in Walt's film was a very complex, hard-edged little vixen. She redeems herself, but not before showing a fairly palpable dark side. I have no interest in seeing this amazing adult character dumbed down for four-year-olds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:11 pm 
Limited Edition

Rudy Matt wrote:
Quote:

I'm not in limbo. Tinker Bell in Walt's film was a very complex, hard-edged little vixen. She redeems herself, but not before showing a fairly palpable dark side. I have no interest in seeing this amazing adult character dumbed down for four-year-olds.

And how do you know that she's dumbed down for four-year-olds unless you see the movies? It's like you're taking a crack at every and any adult who genuinely likes the Disney Fairies line. Besides, it's the story of the "birth" of Tinker Bell.....she hasn't arrived at her adult self yet for goodness sake! I think you're being a little closed-minded.

Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:45 pm 
Limited Edition

I was skeptic about them but they turned out better than I had expected. Not childish, in my opinion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Rudy Matt wrote:
Quote:

I'm not in limbo. Tinker Bell in Walt's film was a bitch. She redeems herself, but not before showing a fairly snobby side. I have no interest in seeing this amazing bitch dumbed down for four-year-olds.

I fixed it for you for accuracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Unlike Rudy Matt, I have seen the first film and I did not like what they with Tink's character. All of the spark of Marc Davis' excellent animation was gone and replaced with blandness. The only parts I can praise in "Tinkerbell" is the animation which was pretty incredible by direct-to-video standards and the score. Otherwise, I found the characters and story to be just dull and lacking the magic of both the 1953 classic as well as J.M. Barrie's original story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

kbehm29 wrote:
And how do you know that she's dumbed down for four-year-olds unless you see the movies?

Because we already *know* how Disney operates when it comes to sequels/dtv movies. We have seen trailers and excerpts from the movies. We've seen the marketing. We've read about the concept. We have decided not to waste our time on toddler crap like this, just to please the people who ask in a smug way: "well, have you at least *seen* them?" As if we need to see all of them...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:43 am 
Site Admin

The Tinker Bell movies are better than the critically-thinking Disney fan who posts here has reason to suspect. They're not great, but they're several steps above the cheapquel blitz and I would guess comparable things like those lucrative Barbie movies.

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Well, yes, she is a little different. But everyone was different when they were infants.

The Tink in "Tinker Bell" is new in the world. She is innocent, not suspicious, "unspoiled." It is why she is so surprised that Vidia is not kind to her, and why she does not understand her position in life.
As you can see with "Lost Treasure," over the six months between the films, she has become more herself. She is quick to anger and impatient, she is impulsive, she gets into trouble... Our innocent baby has become a mischevious child with the makings of a real bitch.

Now jump maybe 10 years later to "Peter Pan." That is important to remember: the fact that there is a decade or so between the Tinker Bell and Peter Pan films. And sometime during that transition, she left Pixie Hollow for some reason. We don't yet know what happened when she met Peter, but with some luck, we will learn, and maybe it will help to explain. Life experiences can take a toll on the personality, and she already had some bitchy traits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 pm 
Limited Edition

Luke wrote:
The Tinker Bell movies are better than the critically-thinking Disney fan who posts here has reason to suspect. They're not great, but they're several steps above the cheapquel blitz and I would guess comparable things like those lucrative Barbie movies.

Thank you Luke, Neal and Margos. I would like to hope that Planes! would arise to the same level at least as the Disney Fairies line, and promise not to comment on it until I've seen the movie in it's entirety...

At least I know my husband and I aren't the only ones "dumbed down" to be entertained at the level of a four-year-old. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:35 pm 
Limited Edition

As much as I think Cars was mediocre, I will at least give Planes a chance not just say "Cars wasn't my favorite, so I refuse to see Planes."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:15 am 
Platinum Edition

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/ ... nline.html

Quote:
...the DisneyToon spinoff "Planes," which is the first of several straight-to-DVD animated features exploring a world occupied by mechanical beings...

Uhhh...what?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm guessing it means that they won't just attach faces to airplanes and cars. They might attach them to boats, too. I think Disney sees a lot of money coming in for this, which makes sense, as children love vehicles with faces on them. Just look at how successful Thomas the Tank Engine is. Which begs the question whether they will also make Trains, without getting sued by the Thomas rights-holders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next