DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 82  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:26 am 
Platinum Edition

Really? I've always thought they were horns, reminiscent of demons, etc. I mean, she doesn't even have ears. :? That's the main reason the green skin color didn't bother me, because if she was a demon, of course she'd look supernatural.

If that's really just a headress, that's kind of...stupid? :lol: (can't really think of any other word to put there)

Learn something new everyday. Edit: Seriously, this is a total WTF moment. :lol: How do simple things go right past me? I mean, I still always thought they were real horns. Because she's green (so obviously not human), and then she turns into a dragon later (with horns). It could definitely/most likely be a headress, but it just never occurred to me that they weren't real horns and that she wasn't some kind of demon-like fairy. Bizarre. (this goes along with me only just realizing that raisins are dried grapes about 2 years ago as my most insane moment. :oops: :brick: :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Edit: Seriously, this is a total WTF moment. :lol: How do simple things go right past me? I mean, I still always thought they were real horns. Because she's green (so obviously not human), and then she turns into a dragon later (with horns). It could definitely/most likely be a headress, but it just never occurred to me that they weren't real horns and that she wasn't some kind of demon-like fairy. Bizarre. (this goes along with me only just realizing that raisins are dried grapes about 2 years ago as my most insane moment. :oops: :brick: :lol: )

Don't be so hard on yourself, I think a lot of people would have/do assume that they are her horns. Beyond that, they honestly could be her horn sticking up through a headpiece. That would be a good question to ask a disney animator sometime, lol.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who up to her 15th birthday didn't actually believe you could eat the cone of an ice cream cone. She's gonna kill me if she ever reads this btw! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:31 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

singerguy04 wrote:
Also, if it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who up to her 15th birthday didn't actually believe you could eat the cone of an ice cream cone. She's gonna kill me if she ever reads this btw! lol

He, he... :P

I still don't like the idea of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent at all. But then again, that's just a rumor so I'm not going to think about it.

Post subject: Live-Action Maleficent
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:58 am 
Platinum Edition

Alright here we go!:

Maleficent is almost definately at least an evil fairy, not a witch, and not only a demon. There is great indication of her being in league with the devil, but whether this was by choice, perhaps leaving the side of the good fairies, or she always was a demon from hell, we cannot be sure.

Her horns may be under the headress and the headress is just covering her horns which would be bare otherwise, thus taking the shape of her horns. But most probably it is just a headress. However she definately has picked that headress to wear because of her affinity for the devil!

It is a good way of combining the kinds of things women really wore back then and what an evil fairy might wear.

By the way, the good fairies aren't human, either! Wings, and uh, they're fairies!

Also, Maleficent's green skin I heard may be because she is reptilian, as in a dragon, but that makes zero sense because the dragon she becomes isn't green at all!

Rather, notice Aurora is green and rather dead-looking while under the sleeping spell. Green is the look of cadaver's skin and of decay. Also, Maleficent looks rather bone-white and bluish, also colors of the dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 am 
Gold Collection

I didn't read the whole topic, but I'm sure I'm not the first to consider Tim casting Helena Bonham as M is pretty much a done deal... even more certain than the fact that Danny Elfman will compose the score, and you could probably bet your life on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disneydood wrote:
I didn't read the whole topic, but I'm sure I'm not the first to consider Tim casting Helena Bonham as M is pretty much a done deal... even more certain than the fact that Danny Elfman will compose the score, and you could probably bet your life on that.

actually, I've been hoping that Helena would play Merriweather.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:55 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Alright here we go!:

Maleficent is almost definately at least an evil fairy, not a witch, and not only a demon.
I know that.

Anyway, I was re-watching the film just to see if maybe I can tell a difference, but it still seems like horns to me. And it's kind of ridiculus (to me at least) for a woman to wear a horn-like headdress. Every time I imagine that it's a headdress, it kind of sucks all the impact out of her scenes for me. Kind of weird. Moving on though, I just realized why so many people mistakenly call Maleficent a witch (besides that she uses magic). Merriweather calls her a "wicked witch" in the scene following Maleficent's spell on babyAurora.

Also, I know that fairies in the past have been heavily associated with the devil. The whole idea of changelings were thought of as fairies trying to pay a tithe to the Devil for their powers. Kind of changed over time (I'm thinking partly because of Disney), but it's no surprise to me the connection between folklore and Maleficent's design/character.

Quote:
By the way, the good fairies aren't human, either! Wings, and uh, they're fairies!
Uh, I didn't say they were. :?

Post subject: Liev-Action Maleficent
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:43 pm 
Platinum Edition

You said she wasn't human because of her green skin and horns. I was pointing out is was because she's a fairy as are the other fairies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:13 pm 
Super Genius

Angelina Jolie in talks to play Maleficent

Quote:
Angelina Jolie doesn't make the press rounds often, so when the rare opportunity to speak to her does arise, you make the most of it. We grilled her for details about some of her upcoming projects.

One of the rumored parts that seems exceptionally well-suited for the sultry star is the title role in "Maleficent", a take on the "Sleeping Beauty" story told from the point of view of the slumbering princess' nemesis. Asked whether she might be involved in the film — whose director's chair may eventually be filled by "Alice in Wonderland" auteur Tim Burton — Jolie said she would definitely be interested.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164338 ... tory.jhtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disneyphile wrote:
Angelina Jolie in talks to play Maleficent

Quote:
Angelina Jolie doesn't make the press rounds often, so when the rare opportunity to speak to her does arise, you make the most of it. We grilled her for details about some of her upcoming projects.

One of the rumored parts that seems exceptionally well-suited for the sultry star is the title role in "Maleficent", a take on the "Sleeping Beauty" story told from the point of view of the slumbering princess' nemesis. Asked whether she might be involved in the film — whose director's chair may eventually be filled by "Alice in Wonderland" auteur Tim Burton — Jolie said she would definitely be interested.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164338 ... tory.jhtml

I don't think that means she's in talks to be Maleficent... yet.

And I hope never, cause I don't care for her... But in hindsight, wouldn't it be neat if Idina Menzel played her (she probably won't get cast in Wicked)? That's just off the top of my head, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:06 pm 
Limited Edition

This is the first time I have posted on here in a while as I forgot my password but I finally remembered it haha. So hey everyone! I find it an interesting idea to want to give Maleficent her own film and seeing as how she is the most popular villain atm I think it's a smart move on Disney's part. However I think Angelina Jolie is a terrible choice! She is an alright actress but too commercial and it just wouldn't feel right to see her playing a Disney character. I like Catherine Zeta Jones for the role. She is pretty and seductive and I think would pull it off well. Tilda Swinton and Michelle Phiffer are other options. Maybe even Eva Green?

I wonder if this is succesfull will Disney do other films for villains. Like the Evil Queen, Ursula, Lady Tremaine, Jafar, Gaston, Frollo and Madame Medusa? Haha that be cool. I wonder who they'd cast in those roles........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am 
Platinum Edition

Jay wrote:
This is the first time I have posted on here in a while as I forgot my password but I finally remembered it haha. So hey everyone!

Welcome back, Jay!

Jay wrote:
I like Catherine Zeta Jones for the role. She is pretty and seductive and I think would pull it off well. Tilda Swinton and Michelle Phiffer are other options. Maybe even Eva Green?

I'm sure I said it somewhere in this thread, but I really would love to see Sigourney Weaver tackle the role. But the other choices suggested are great too.

albert

WIST #56:
Aaron: With Mary Poppins and Pete's Dragon on Blu-ray, Bedknobs & Broomsticks seems like a given. Come on, Disney! They could even call it the Naboom-Blu Edition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 am 
Limited Edition

Yeah Ms weaver would make an awesome Maleficent as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 am 
Site Admin

Disneydood wrote:

It doesn't take much to imagine that, but I wonder if Burton would face some opposition trying that. I can't conceive a medium-sized Maleficent film from today's Disney and while Bonham Carter has been Burton's go-to leading lady, she's always been a second fiddle at best, usually supporting the eminently marketable Depp. I feel like the studio would be more comfortable with HBC as one of the good fairies (assuming they're even in such a film) and a bigger name as Maleficent. I'm sure Burton is aware of that too. Will he want to throw his weight around and do otherwise, I don't know.

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 am 
Platinum Edition

Jay wrote:
I wonder if this is succesfull will Disney do other films for villains. Like the Evil Queen, Ursula, Lady Tremaine, Jafar, Gaston, Frollo and Madame Medusa? Haha that be cool. I wonder who they'd cast in those roles........

Noooooo! Disney needs ORIGINALITY these days. Don't just make retreads of movies you've already done. Create NEW stories. Just my 2¢.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 pm 
Limited Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Jay wrote:

Noooooo! Disney needs ORIGINALITY these days. Don't just make retreads of movies you've already done. Create NEW stories. Just my 2¢.

I'm sure Disney will think about doing villain movies if this is successful. Not only are they doing this movie but they also released a book on the Evil Queen's past. Plus before Eartha Kitt passed they were doing a movie all about Yzma. So it seeme Disney is interested in making stories all about their villains. I expect, if this movie does well, they'll try a few other villains out. Most likely the Queen and Jafar. Maybe Ursula and perhaps Scar but idk if those 2 would be live action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

they were doing an Yzma movie? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:41 pm 
Limited Edition

ajmrowland wrote:
they were doing an Yzma movie? :shock:

Yeah they were and the song "Snuff Out the Light" which was cut from Emperor's New Groove was going to start out the movie and I believe it was going to be about her trying to get rid of the sun, her role in Kingdom of the Sun. Haha it would have been awesome. Unfortrnately Ms. Kitt passed so it was dropped. It would have been amazing!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:02 am 
Special Edition

...or at least that's what the interview referred to earlier in this thread had posted. Then again, Hollywierd is known for zigs and zags, so perhaps Maleficent's flick will happen in the future.

Marc Davis was Maleficent's chief designer and directing animator. He felt she was more of a stately speechmaker rather than a active character like his Cruella DeVille.

Post subject: Maleficent Movie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:49 am 
Platinum Edition

So...anyone else agree...it would be cool, maybe even better than Burton, if...

...Guillermo Del Toro directed this?! :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 82  Next