UK OOP and Release dates

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
squitty

UK OOP and Release dates

Post by squitty »

Hi,
I am a new member and have been collecting Disney VHS and Disney DVD's. I am however in the process of upgrading my collection to Blu-Ray (proving expensive) In between collecting the above I love to holiday in WDW
I am wondering if anybody can help me please? I am looking for a up to date UK list of OOP and release date for Disney DVD's + Blu-Ray.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Neil
squitty

Post by squitty »

Wow :o Thank you for the welcome and all the replies.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

lol, hardly anyone ever comes in this particular part of the forum, so don't panic so much. I shall belatedly welcome you. :p

I don't think that Disney UK ever states when exactly certain titles go out of print; you normally just see stickers over them in stores before they are pulled saying "soon to return to the Disney Vault". Equally, they don't go all out with announcing things quite the same way as Disney does in the US, and it would probably be advisable to just look at their website every so often, or look at the US release schedule (as reported on UD) for clues.

I know for certain that Beauty and the Beast is coming on 1/11 (at least on Blu-Ray), and The Princess and the Frog will be out in just over a week. Fantasia should also presumably come out, as should this summer's main releases (Toy Story 3, Prince of Persia etc). The Black Cauldron may also be getting rereleased on DVD as it is in the US, as Amazon has the old disc listed as out of print and has a new special edition tentatively scheduled. Beyond that, The Lion King should be out in 2011, and perhaps also Alice in Wonderland (the 1951 animated classic), most likely followed by a series of obvious classics.