Dreams

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I dreamed about cars being banned and when anyone tried to drive on the interstate a laser would shoot the car from the sky either a plane or a satellite. Most of my dreams are just as weird and would give people a heart attack.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

During or immediately after periods of pressure (exams, moves etc), I tend to dream about having deadlines, having to frantically juggle my tasks or being put in seemingly impossible academic situations (e.g. having to do a physics exam, even though I have not done science in a few years now). I've also had dreams in which I fly; one particularly memorable one was where I leapt across huge areas like Spider-Man, and another memorable one was where I flew like Peter Pan. I also have the usual types of dreams (fantastical ones, apocalyptic ones and ones where people I know act out of characters).
IagoZazu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by IagoZazu »

I still love how I can eat food in my dreams and taste it. That one dream where I was at a school fish fry was great, so delicious and savory.

I even react physically to some of my dreams. Just a couple of weeks ago I had a dream where I was in a small gym about to compete in a race. When I was ready, the referee counted down, and when he said, "Go!" I sprang from my bed and fell on the floor! My chest hurt a little, but it was funny.

I think I remember a dream not too long ago when I was at the same treehouse with the black cauldron fighting a horde of monsters. I wielded a great sword, and then I fought demons and goblins. It might have sounded like a nightmare, but it was actually an awesome acton dream. Good thing I didn't physically react to that! :lol:
Say no to moldy, disgusting crackers!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that The Princess and the Frog came out in a six disk set. :lol:
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Can I borrow that Dream? :lol:
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I had two dreams last night that I remember in detail. One was a nightmare, the other was very pleasant. The second one was a bit 'private', so you might want to skip that one. :wink:

The nightmare was about our house being plagued by rats, mice and hamsters. They were everywhere! I was in the living room when I started to notice them, and I jumped on the table to avoid contact. I looked left, right, everywhere: they were all around me. I started to panick. And then I saw a deer (that's right!) sitting in the back of our living room. Then my dad came in (who hasn't lived here for more than a year since the divorce from my mom) and tried to chase the deer into the kitchen and out of the backdoor, but it didn't work. Then I woke up.

Later, I had a more pleasant dream. Me and my mom had to go to the hospital to both undergo a check-up. My mother was brought to another room and I had to enter a little booth behind a white curtain where a young, attractive black-haired nurse was waiting for me. She asked me to take off my shirt and as I did, she started to give me compliments and flirt with me. I was surprisingly good at flirting back, but I was still nervous and exited. Then she started to rub some kind of lotion on my chest (this was somehow part of the treatment) and she continued to 'go south' with her hands. At the same time she brought her face closer to mine. At the time she wanted to move her hand into my pants, we started to kiss passionately. Suddenly she realized this was 'unethical' (me being a patient) and she backed away, but I bowed her way and we started to kiss again. But then I woke up... :(
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I had a particularly strange and vivid dream early this morning.

I was traveling right outside my hometown with family and we all stopped at some small restaurant I'd never seen for ice cream. As I was trying to figure out what I could have, my mom (who passed away 15 years ago) pointed out a multi-colored dish that had little bites of each available flavor. Before I had a chance to make a decision, someone pointed out that a dog that had been brought inside left a "present" on the floor. Yuck, lol.

It was then I noticed an albino hedgehog on the floor, so cute! I picked up the little guy and started petting him. I went to show Rey Junior (and nope, we haven't had any kids yet, lol) but he was propped up against the wall, asleep. I rolled my eyes, thinking about how Rey (Sr.) can sleep through anything and that the two were exactly alike. We were then lead to another part of the restaurant which looked much more like a bedroom than a dining room. I asked if anyone could use my phone to take a photo of me holding the hedgehog, and someone asked if petting his spikes hurt. I said it was fine as long you didn't rub him the wrong way. My mom grabbed my phone to take the picture, and when I scrolled through to look for it, instead of the white hedgehog there was my old white cat Miaka (who disappeared about ten years ago). Then my dad showed up, saying that Miaka had been hiding under the porch all this time (my dad passed away six years ago).

I started eating the ice cream that I was served (but didn't actually order), the multi-colored and flavored dish. Most of the ice cream was blue, but the chocolate portion was melting faster than I could eat it. As the dish emptied there was sort of an imprint in the bottom that looked like a rib cage. It took me a moment to realize there were pieces of candy floating around in the melted ice cream that looked like human bones.

I then noticed in a mirror that there was something dark on my head . . . when I looked more closely I saw it was a black veil. Thinking about the little bones in my ice cream, I wondered if someone had just died and there was a funeral around the corner; that would also explain the family gathering. Worried, I asked what was going on. Someone laughed and pointed out that duh, I wouldn't be able to wear white for my second wedding, even if it was with the same guy. Rey glomped me out of nowhere and kissed my cheek (and nope, we're still not married yet).

So . . . I was at some cheesy little ice cream parlor with animals crawling around and an attached bedroom full of people important to me in the past as well as the present . . . and I guess my future son as well? No future daughter like in my other dreams, lol. And apparently we were getting ready to renew our vows yet it somehow felt like a funeral.

My dreams are often full of crazy semi-randomness like this, yet seem to have a lot of symbolism if I dig deep enough.
Last edited by Elladorine on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I had a really weird one last night. First, I was in my friends backyard, eating ice cream. And then, we had an ice cream eating contest that was going to last for 2 weeks. I was in the kitchen, about to get some more ice cream, when my mom came in and said that she had to get the ice cream for me; I wasn't allowed to do it myself. And the suddenly, I was in my laundry room, where I was about to wash my hands a basin that we have there. Suddenly, my friend appeared, she grabbed my laptop and put it in the basin. I didn't realize that it was in there, and I turned on the water. My laptop got drenched, and I hastily took it out. I dried it off, but when I took the towel away, it was a completely different laptop. I started to click the next key, and the laptop kept on morphing into different laptops, until I found mine.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Conclusion: I have the best dreams! :wink:
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to record your dreams?

You could play them back, or even share them with others!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

^ :lol: That would be awesome!
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I don't remember if this was two dreams, or just one with two REALLY different parts...

1. The first part was a video game or something. My party and I were in a house with treasure chests blocking the doors. Evidently, you had to open the chests to progress further in the house, and when you did, monsters/attackers might come out of the rooms. Some of the chests might have been trapped, as well.

One of the chests released a couple of giant CG-looking ants or something, and they had two of my party on their backs. They turned into horses, though. They didn't move around, but kept blocking the path, and if we got too close they'd kick. Somehow I managed to trick one, and it did a "judo" kick that spun it around, hitting the other horse. I saw the life bar drop, although I felt sorry for the horse that had been kicked.

2. There was a transition to the other dream/part (or even a third dream), where we were in a room looking at paintings that were all water/boat related. I felt that my mom had chosen them, because she had kind of dome a nature theme for her bedroom (in real life.) I wondered if there was a river boat painting...

3. I saw some people boarding a river boat, and there was a railing where street urchins and laborers stayed behind the railing, while passengers went in front. One of the passengers did a trick with a couple of cards, and then boarded. I think he was a stuffy well-dressed man (and maybe the rival for a girl.).

There was a guy leaning against the railing (looking like he was on the laborer's side), and he asked a couple of the kids to borrow some cards so he could try the trick as well. He looked like a typical musical drama lead actor, and he started to sing "Three Little Words/I Love You" and I was singing along with him (not TO him!) At some point, I became him, the way you see in third person and then first person in dreams... Because he was engrossed in singing (and thinking about whatever girl he wsa singing about) he messed up the card trick, he kept absently getting more and more cards from the kids (including a bunch that just had writing on them). At the end of the song, he moved away from the railing, and was on the passenger side (I'm not sure whether it was a narrative trick to make you think he was a laborer, or if he was sneaking aboard the river boat.)

At some point, he had stolen an 1890s suit off a line on shore. While he was on board, he found the lockers where everyone's clothes were, and the stuffy well-dressed guy had his stuff all neatly laid out and folded, with coordinated ties for the shirts, and so on. The musical guy/me (not sure which) took one of the shirts and ties (so that stuffy guy wouldn't see a loose tie and know someone had taken the shirt), and also took another set of clothing that had suspenders with it (I can't recall what it was, maybe another shirt?) Then I was in another room, and hiding the shirt (and/or the tie and suspenders) in drawers.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Last fall had been ill and i was put on ibuprofen for a bit. Had a weird effect on me though had to stop it was making me hallucinate. Had some doozies, was either hot or cold. Lots of lights blinking was like some bad 60s film on the effects of LSD.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

littlefuzzy wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to record your dreams?

You could play them back, or even share them with others!
You sorta can. Keep a journal by your bed and write down dreams you wish to remember the moment you wake up. Our dreams tend to be so vivid, its easy to daydream back to them. Also, you can train yourself to dream what you want. Its never 100%, but it does work. I've done it many times. It takes concentration and even a little big of meditation, but you can rejoin that dream you liked so much, relive it, continue it, and even tweak it. Dreams seem like they are more disjointed than Alice in Wonderland, but they actually can be manipulated. :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Here's a funny dream story-

I've watched the Golden Girls since I was five years old, and of course at that age I didn't understand a lot of things on that show. So, one night I had a dream that I traveled to the Miami, FL and stayed with the girls. Somehow, there weren't enough beds in the house, so Blanche promised the other girls that she'd find me a place to sleep. The next morning, Blanche and the other girls are eating breakfast (I'm not there, maybe still asleep?), and Blanche coyishly reveals that she and I slept together (I thought sleeping together meant literally that, in the same bed). The other girls are shocked, I think, because they can't believe Blanche slept with somebody again.

Later, I remember, I left the girls house and went to the Sheffield's (I used to watch The Golden Girls and The Nanny back-to-back). I don't remember that part of the dream.

In hindsight, this story is sort of creepy.
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

UM, I DREAMED THAT I CAME BACK HERE AGAIN AND HERE I AM.
That's hot.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Prudence wrote:UM, I DREAMED THAT I CAME BACK HERE AGAIN AND HERE I AM.
WELCOME BACK, PRU! (It's infectious :lol:)
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I was back in school and doing poorly because I was too lazy as usual. Was like a movie. And I had to save the world from a killer robot attacking. I was all ready to say:

finally invaded my dreams. And that's surely what it felt like in the scene of me trying to dismantle / destroy it. And I had to go back again because it was up to its' old tricks. So, I shined school on and then got in a bizarre confrontation on the outside steps of an off-school grounds rest area. The set up is more like college, as in you return years and years after leaving it to attend classes again. You can't do that with actual high school. And this guy had a serious attitude and I don't take that. So, then someone he knows happens by and I tell them this guy's got a problem. Do something about it. I think it was a woman. Don't remember what happened to them. Inside the rest area, there are these crazy tiled-wall tunnels. They look more like hallways but are tiled white just a public bathroom. But cleaner. So I don't know where I was or where I'm going. So, I just left. I remember going to one class and this is just like another dream- it's a class where I don't have my book and the other students are younger than me. The teacher looks at me like I don't belong there. And I leave early or wake up at that point. At one point outside, and it was night, there were fireworks in the sky. I was late for the bus and had to walk home. I walk home or get a ride with a something-automated and the driver makes no impression on me at all. Then I'm looking around and notice- I don't recognize any of the houses on the streets we pass. At one point, I'm not riding and I actually go like into a strangers' or a few strangers' yards. Nobody's there or around anywhere. Lots of swingsets, kids' slides, and clotheslines with thick wooden pins.

In other dreams like this, there is a video store, a sorta-mall / Wal-Mart type place, a CD store, and a very small but down-home-y grocery / general store very nearby. And some restaurants in another version of the dream where I actually sorta recognize where I am, but it's in a city or a city-like town. In those restaurant scenes, there's always someone with me who I like and trust but don't exactly know who they are. One dream, I'm walking and its' night and I really liked that one. I believe it's in the center area of the town I grew up in (where the Jiffy Mart, the Church, the Bank, and a market quarter-sect from each other). The mall / department store dream scenes get downright freaky at times. Once, I dreamed that items on shelves and displays were coming to life and terrorizing people. It was complete and utter chaos. And I woke up thinking- "(Expletive), this would be a killer movie!" Like Carrie meets Maximum Overdrive. In other dreams, the store is pretty 90's-modern but all the things in it were made in the late 60's / early 70's (the atmosphere just hangs on you like you can't wash it off). And the sorta Linen Section has huge piles of white and yellow cloths and someone spreads one out and it just goes on forever. There's like nobody in the store either but me and a couple others. In all the versions of the dream, there's almost no one there. In one, I stop at a CD display and it would probably be really easy to steal them. But like the scene at the CD store, I never find anything I'm dying for.

In another dream closely connected, I'm in a tiny, cramped, and very uncomfortable store where they have a display of used classic video games. Had to be for Nintendo. With my brother and probably his friends and my father as well. I don't pay much attention to anyone but me and my brother. It's got to be him because he knew all the games. He took one. I think it was a rental. He wasn't happy with it. Something doesn't work right. We go back and someone takes a different one. Someone plays it and I'm like in the game. I remember two scenes somewhat distinctly. One had to be from the Mario games. It was the underwater scene with the fish you have to avoid. And the Tetris-like shaped cavernous pieces you go in, looking for a port hole out. The other was a scene from one of those Battletoads games. It's outer space of a sort. The surface of another planet, rocky ground. There's an open hatch door from a blue spaceship. And now... there's something going on outside the inside of the game. Like a Game Genie type function. This leads me back to Mario where now I'm flying and scared (Expletive)-less that I'm going to fall / die / crash. The dreams at the video store are the most heady of all. Mostly because I don't recognize the place at all. And it's very humid and very Green-Orange like the Miami Dophins in there. They have a huge horror selection but all movies I've mostly never heard of and all on pretty worn VHS. It's a true collector's dream (very obscure 60's, 70's, and 80's, as well as funky TV miniseries) but I still don't know these movies.

Headier than that however - I rent one. Or two, I don't remember. But I'm watching them somehow in the store. I never make it home. Days pass or 2 days (you know) without much notice. Pictures from the movie are on the wall. There's no real story, no discernible characters. And in the store, there are no windows. The walls are white like my old school. And posters from cheesy direct-to-video stuff mostly Little Nicky type sludge. And them, foam cut out of some like How-To video star (think: the Dorf on Golf spoof videos). Maybe even some rocker like Steven Tyler. It's very 80's gothic, low budget, some graveyard where something inside a coffin is opening the lid. I would imagine it's a vampire movie. Then we cut to modern-day 80's high school and the students are slowly disappearing one-by-one.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I have recurring nightmares about my teeth falling out. I also tend to dream about quitting my job and telling everyone off as I walk out the door. In my dreams I am often a strong-minded aggressive-assertive person, while in real life I am more passive than anything.

I am sometimes a lucid dreamer. I used to experience false awakenings all the time when I was a kid and often believed myself to still be asleep when I was actually awake. After I hurt myself for the 10th time my mom took me to see a psychiatrist who helped me learn to be a lucid dreamer. I'm not as good at it as I was when I was 9-14 years old, but I still have lucid dreams at least once a week; and nine times out of ten they are sex dreams... which is always fun. :D

I had a false awakening for the first time in years a few months ago, I had forgotten how scary they could be. I had about six of them before I actually woke up and then I was awake about 4 hours before I truly believed I was awake.
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

In the few hours of sleep that I got this morning, I dreamed I was in a test tube whilst hearing people talk about preserving some of my organs and some organs of other people to create a perfect human. I don't know what was wrong with those presumed scientists. There isn't anything they could use for me, I don't think. Eh, I suppose it is possible that they wanted my some of my bones and what I'm told is longitive fertility (that hasn't been tested yet) and my eye shape. They would still have to remove the imperfect vision of my eyes. Whatever they wanted from me, I was stuck in a test tube surrounded by others stuck in test tubes.

Someone broke us lab rats free and told us to make a run for it. We did, but I was caught by security guards who asked if I would like a nice rest. I tend to lose a hundred IQ points in my dreams, probably having something to do with having little outlets for impulses, so I said I would like a nice rest even though I had been resting for who knows how long. Then I just walked right back into the laboratory and volunteered myself.

The dream ended with a black emptiness overpowering me and voices talking about how their project was going to be so beneficial to the human race.
Widdi wrote:In my dreams I am often a strong-minded aggressive-assertive person, while in real life I am more passive than anything.
Bingo. In my dreams, I know I'm making terribly passive choices and yet I go along with it, whilst I would never do such things in real life. Both methods of dreaming are testing the limits in ways that we would be afraid to truly do when awake.
That's hot.