treasure question

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
chamfer

treasure question

Post by chamfer »

I was just wondering if someone could tell me which of the Disney Treasures are currently available. I had been a member and I'm thinking about rejoining if the DMC still carries a few of the treasures I had missed over the years.

Thanks!
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Pluto 1
Pluto 2
Davy Crockett
Disney Rarities
Disneyland U.S.A.
Elfego Baca/Swamp Fox
Mickey Mouse Black & White 2
Mickey Mouse Color 2
More Silly Symphonies
On the Front Lines
Oswald
Spin & Marty
Donald 2
Mickey Mouse Club
Hardy Boys
Annette
Tomorrowland
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Or you can get this D23 54 disc set of nearly all the Treasures to date:

http://www.disneystore.com/d23-collecti ... 942/66493/
Richard--W
Limited Issue

Post by Richard--W »

It really is a shame that Disney won't reissue some of the short-run Treasures. The prices are high for oop titles because the demand is so great.
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thatartguy »

I think the low print runs are planned obsolescence.
Voiceroy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Voiceroy »

I didn't see goofystitch mention "Your Host, Walt Disney" - it's currently available on the Disney Movie Rewards site. I'm actually cashing in points today for that one.
merlinjones wrote:Or you can get this D23 54 disc set of nearly all the Treasures to date:

http://www.disneystore.com/d23-collecti ... 942/66493/
Holy crap. So that D23 Treasures set would cost me $500 + shipping + membership?

I don't want it that badly. I already have some of the sets included in it. I just want the Donald and Davy Crockett sets I missed.

Darn you, Disney - you demented Duke of Double-Dippers!

You guys might want to try tracking down older WD Treasures via CD Warehouse (cdwarehouse.com) and MovieStop (moviestop.com).

All the Treasures sets I have were pre-owned finds at both of the above stores, and just last week at two different MovieStop locations I saw pre-owned sets of Disney Rarities, Complete Pluto V2, Hardy Boys and Disneyland Secrets pre-owned for $19.99 (and in their original tins too).