DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 10418
Location: USA
Monsters, Inc.’s Composer Randy Newman: “I score because I care!”
http://animatedviews.com/2009/monsters- ... se-i-care/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 1058
Just got the Blu-ray in the mail yesterday (and I'm watching now as I type this! :P ) and it looks absolutely GORGEOUS.... not that I was expecting otherwise ;P

I just wish it didn't come in the "thicker than a DVD case" Blu-ray case, I can't stand that.

I love having the digital copy on my iPod, very cool.

_________________
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8089
Location: Appleton, WI
My only pick about the Picture is that Sulley's hair is a breeding ground for mild aliasing. Not much of a distraction, though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:18 am
Posts: 1071
dudes the picture is AWESOME my surround sound was crazy when the power was coimng off and on I'm so glad I got this :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:01 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:26 am
Posts: 125
zackisthewalrus wrote:
I agree. I was really surprised when they made the decision to include the DVD. It was just like, "Really? The majority of people buying this will be upgrading their DVD. They don't want another one." They're gonna include a DVD with all Blu releases for at least the next year, so we'll get DVDs with all catalogue releases now. Yay?

P.S. Digital copies suck too while we're at it. Haha


I really don't understand why people are always complaining about DVD copies being included with Blu-Rays. Lots of people with Blu-Ray players only have one, so if you want to watch the movie in your bedroom, but don't have a Blu-Ray player, you can watch your DVD copy. I understand some people might end up not using the DVD, but complaining about it just doesn't make any sense to me.

_________________
"If you must think, for God's sake think clearly!"

-The Great Escape


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 am 
Offline
Special Edition

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:48 am
Posts: 271
gregmasciola wrote:
zackisthewalrus wrote:
I agree. I was really surprised when they made the decision to include the DVD. It was just like, "Really? The majority of people buying this will be upgrading their DVD. They don't want another one." They're gonna include a DVD with all Blu releases for at least the next year, so we'll get DVDs with all catalogue releases now. Yay?

P.S. Digital copies suck too while we're at it. Haha


I really don't understand why people are always complaining about DVD copies being included with Blu-Rays. Lots of people with Blu-Ray players only have one, so if you want to watch the movie in your bedroom, but don't have a Blu-Ray player, you can watch your DVD copy. I understand some people might end up not using the DVD, but complaining about it just doesn't make any sense to me.


99% of the time it is true, especially re-issues with new restorations. But this is the 2002 DVD - you know, the one everybody who would be considering this set already owns?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:18 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm
Posts: 3673
Location: Boston, MA
I don't already own the DVD. I never owned the Pixar movies in any capacity. I'm glad to have a DVD version with it, so I can watch the movie on my laptop. I admit it's not essential, but as long as they're not adding an extra ten dollars on, I see no reason to complain.

...especially when I paid $10.99 for the whole package...

_________________
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:18 am
Posts: 1071
drnilescrane wrote:
gregmasciola wrote:
zackisthewalrus wrote:
I agree. I was really surprised when they made the decision to include the DVD. It was just like, "Really? The majority of people buying this will be upgrading their DVD. They don't want another one." They're gonna include a DVD with all Blu releases for at least the next year, so we'll get DVDs with all catalogue releases now. Yay?

P.S. Digital copies suck too while we're at it. Haha


I really don't understand why people are always complaining about DVD copies being included with Blu-Rays. Lots of people with Blu-Ray players only have one, so if you want to watch the movie in your bedroom, but don't have a Blu-Ray player, you can watch your DVD copy. I understand some people might end up not using the DVD, but complaining about it just doesn't make any sense to me.


99% of the time it is true, especially re-issues with new restorations. But this is the 2002 DVD - you know, the one everybody who would be considering this set already owns?


uh no I didn't have it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:03 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:28 pm
Posts: 174
CampbellzSoup wrote:
uh no I didn't have it


Neither did I.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:12 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 1058
The only problem with DVDs being included with the Blu-rays is re-buying the movies I already had on DVD (High School Musical 3 and Pinocchio being the biggest offenders, because I didn't have them for that long before I bought my HD TV and Blu-ray player) and then having a bunch of extra DVDs.

*sigh*, if only I had known that I was gonna be going Blu so soon I would've just bought the combo packs in the first place :P [/ not Disney's fault]

As for digital copies, I love 'em. It's great having them on my iPod! I hope that when the Toy Story movies are re-released they include digital copies.

_________________
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:56 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:56 am
Posts: 1715
Location: USA
gregmasciola wrote:
zackisthewalrus wrote:
I agree. I was really surprised when they made the decision to include the DVD. It was just like, "Really? The majority of people buying this will be upgrading their DVD. They don't want another one." They're gonna include a DVD with all Blu releases for at least the next year, so we'll get DVDs with all catalogue releases now. Yay?

P.S. Digital copies suck too while we're at it. Haha


I really don't understand why people are always complaining about DVD copies being included with Blu-Rays. Lots of people with Blu-Ray players only have one, so if you want to watch the movie in your bedroom, but don't have a Blu-Ray player, you can watch your DVD copy. I understand some people might end up not using the DVD, but complaining about it just doesn't make any sense to me.


I agree.


Last edited by The_Iceflash on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:56 am
Posts: 1715
Location: USA
@rexcrk: I know exactly how you feel.


@Everyone: Does anyone know where at the current time I can find this combo cheapest? Since I have a upgrade to blu coupon for this I'm naturally within those constraints. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:57 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:55 am
Posts: 295
Location: USA
I just recently realized that this and the Collector's Edition DVD are now out of print. I thought Pixar films never go out of print? (unless they're reissued)

I also saw that the Collector's Edition DVD of Finding Nemo is now out of print, but I'm sure that's in preparation of the new release on December 4th, which makes sense I think.

I guess they put Monsters Inc. out of print in preparation for Monsters University? That's the only explanation I can think of right now. I think I read about a 3D re-release in January, but I don't know if that really justifies putting the other two out of print unless they're just going to reissue those with the 3D release.

Not that it's a big deal for me though, I already own it on both DVD and Blu-ray.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2230
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
I have a question about UK edition of Monsters, Inc.: is/was the two-disc edition the only edition released? I ordered and just received the BD for which the product description said it had two discs, but it weighs lighter than, say, 2-disc WALL-E. The back says it includes only three BD-exclusive features: "Filmmakers' Round Table", "MI Ride and Go Seek: Building Monstroplis in Japan" and "Roz's 100 Door Challenge" game. I don't want to open it in case I have to return it.

Thanks in advance!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 2996
I actually have a question myself: Is the recent Blu-ray that much different from the 2009 Blu-ray, save for the inclusion of Party-Saurus Rex on the former?

*checks review on Blu-ray.com*

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:31 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 1836
DisneyJedi wrote:
I actually have a question myself: Is the recent Blu-ray that much different from the 2009 Blu-ray, save for the inclusion of Party-Saurus Rex on the former?


The 2013 CE has this:

-7.1 sound
-Partysaurus Rex
-Sneak Peek at Monsters University via Sneak Peeks

It loses out on one thing:
-Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek: Building Monstropolis in Japan

Now something else to note. The 2013 CE features the current Disney logo and the end credits feature additional 3D credits. Meaning it's 2012 3D re-release seen in theaters. So if you want to enjoy the 2001 theatrical experience, hang on to the original Blu release.

Also, some slight tweaks have been made:
http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/c ... 46#auswahl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:41 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 2996
Really interesting how the first kid Mike picks out for Sulley's first scare of the day is a boy afraid of snakes (something that Dean Handscrabble touches on in the prequel for Sulley's "test").

Another question: if I ended up getting the newer Blu-ray, would it be worth it? Mind you, I got the 2009 Blu-ray back in 2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:39 am 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 pm
Posts: 1836
DisneyJedi wrote:
Another question: if I ended up getting the newer Blu-ray, would it be worth it? Mind you, I got the 2009 Blu-ray back in 2010.


Read my post above.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:44 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2230
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
Mooky wrote:
I have a question about UK edition of Monsters, Inc.: is/was the two-disc edition the only edition released? I ordered and just received the BD for which the product description said it had two discs, but it weighs lighter than, say, 2-disc WALL-E. The back says it includes only three BD-exclusive features: "Filmmakers' Round Table", "MI Ride and Go Seek: Building Monstroplis in Japan" and "Roz's 100 Door Challenge" game. I don't want to open it in case I have to return it.

Thanks in advance!

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group