Tinker Bell movie - official date: October 2007!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

kbehm29 wrote:Plus it barely costs anything to make a DVD anyway.
A piece of plastic in a plastic case doesn't cost much, but producing the film itself cost a lot of money. And when you consider the fact that this film hasn't made any money yet, this DVD actually cost Disney a lot of money.

Snow White has already made Disney around $1,000,000 during it's lifetime, so offering $10 off to previous owners won't hurt them so much. Or sending out coupons for box-office bombs like the Jonas Brothers concert won't hurt them either, since they made some money in theaters and will sell more units that way. But the sequel to one of the most successful DTV films of all time? People will buy that without a coupon and to continue the series, it's best for Disney to make as much money off it as they can.

So I would be shocked if Disney ended up giving out a coupon for Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. I'm guessing the only other film we will get a coupon for this year will be G-Force.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

goofystitch wrote:I'm guessing the only other film we will get a coupon for this year will be G-Force.
I'll be quite pissed if there's no coupon for Up. I love that film but don't want to pay nearly $30 for the Blu-ray. :x

Cheers,
JM :thumb:
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Just Myself wrote:I'll be quite pissed if there's no coupon for Up. I love that film but don't want to pay nearly $30 for the Blu-ray. :x
Then prepare to be pissed. Disney doesn't do coupons for Pixar films. Stores might have a deal where you save money when you buy other Pixar films with it, but I would be surprised if any other form of coupon is offered.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I've seen the Target & Best Buy ads and so far no one has a Tinker Bell + TB & The Lost Treasure combo deal on the same ticket. Maybe Wal Mart will but I doubt it. Looks like the lowest price on Lost Treasure will be $15.99 and everybody seems to be still charging $19.99 for the original TB. Seems all other dvds come down in price after a while but not Disney.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

buffalobill wrote:Seems all other dvds come down in price after a while but not Disney.
Disney holds their animated films to higher standards than other studios. While most of Disney's live action films eventually end up discounted, only the poor selling animated films end up with low SRPs, and usually not until several years later. If you really want to build up a Disney DVD collection cheaply, Disney Movie Club is your friend. Their routine discounts and sales make it easy to get all the titles you want. I've been a happy member since 2004.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

And we now have a coupon (blu-ray only)
Good in U.S.A. and its territories, APOs and FPOs.
Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. For help, please call 1-800-723-4763
Promotion expires 10/31/2009. Available in US & Canada. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

jrboy wrote:And we now have a coupon (blu-ray only)
Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. For help, please call 1-800-723-4763
Promotion expires 10/31/2009. Available in US & Canada. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.
Thanks....this might mean there's hope for a coupon for UP though I won't get my hopes UP about it (no pun intended :P )
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Thanks. I've taken to buying the combo pack when the DVD is only one disc (or severely discounted like SW) because it end up being cheaper in the long run.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Woo-hoo, thanks! I finally got the coupon printer thingy to work. :D
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

This may sound dumb, but I've never used a coupon for a movie before, or anything really that I had to download and print off. Do I just present it like I would any coupon? I'll most likely end up using it at Target or Wal-Mart, do you think I'll have any trouble using it?

Should I print it out in color or black&white or do it make a difference?
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I saw tomorrow's target ad posted early and the Tinkerbell Blu-Ray + DVD combo back is ON SALE for $24.99 and if you use the $10 off coupon......what deal!

Coupon is good til the 31st for me......since i printed it out today
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Wow! I'm surprised they did a coupon, but I guess it makes sense that it's Blu-Ray only to try to get DVD buyers to get the combo pack instead. My copy is already on its way from amazon.com. I wonder if they will give me a $10 credit like they did with Snow White.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I am pretty sure toysrus will have the movie on sale for $24.99! YAY, I knew Disney would have a coupon for this. :D
So I have my $5 Giftcard from toysrus as well! So I will be saying $15 dollars! Plus my company's giftcard has $2.37 left on it lol. so I will be saving $17.37! So if the movie is on sale at toysrus, I will be paying $9.37 lol If I get lucky and they have the combo pack on sale for $19.99 I will only pay $4.02 lol.
Not a bad deal for me! :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

TheNikki wrote:This may sound dumb, but I've never used a coupon for a movie before, or anything really that I had to download and print off. Do I just present it like I would any coupon? I'll most likely end up using it at Target or Wal-Mart, do you think I'll have any trouble using it?

I'm sure you won't have any trouble using the coupon (I used to be a cashier at both Wal-mart and Target), just present it as you normally would with any other.

I'm not sure if you're really given a choice in how to print out the coupon, given the way the program works. But if it comes out black and white because of your printer settings, I'm sure it won't make any difference.

Hope this helps. :)
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

thank u, thank u!!! I really thought we woudln't get one, once again desperate disney for blu-ray helps our pockets YEAH!!! :thumb:
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

enigmawing wrote:
TheNikki wrote:This may sound dumb, but I've never used a coupon for a movie before, or anything really that I had to download and print off. Do I just present it like I would any coupon? I'll most likely end up using it at Target or Wal-Mart, do you think I'll have any trouble using it?

I'm sure you won't have any trouble using the coupon (I used to be a cashier at both Wal-mart and Target), just present it as you normally would with any other.

I'm not sure if you're really given a choice in how to print out the coupon, given the way the program works. But if it comes out black and white because of your printer settings, I'm sure it won't make any difference.

Hope this helps. :)
Thank you!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

@ if you go to best buy, they will have to get a manager with a key. toysrus they just scan the coupon like normal. :)

I have my coupon ready to go Tuesday morning! :D
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

You know I love my blu and coupons, but this isn't my style.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

My Best Buy can do coupons without the manager I think. Anyway, that's where I'm going because of the "free" Tink book (though it's basically costing a dollar since it's a dollar more there than at Target, but I'm a Tink fanatic, so...).

Anyway, thanks a bunch for posting about the coupon!
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »