Tinker Bell movie - official date: October 2007!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Still and synopsis!

Could you post the trailer for 'Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue' when you get the DVD for 'Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure'?
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Tinker Bell Cheapquels

Post by Disney Duster »

It doesn't matter if something is good anyway, it needs to be faithful to the characters and, well, not a lie. Saying something about Tinker Bell not known from J.M. Barrie's books or Walt Disney and his workers, the original creators of the character, is still a lie. Dreams, alternate realities, and what ifs are not lies, but this was presented as what really happened.

And I forgot, the plot was so simple and kiddie I couldn't believe it was intended for tweens or people were liking this thing. It was that Tinker Bell messes up a fairy event, then fixes it. That was the plot. That was it. Yes, she finds herself as liking the job chosen for her and uses it to help, but that's like extra stuff like a subplot. The main plot was she messed something up, then fixed it.

But the most important thing was this is not Tinker Bell the character as we knew her.

It does not matter if she grows into the character later, because she started out not being the character. She started out changed.

WOULD YOU take someone else's character and say that they were totally different before in some backstory you make up for them?
TinTinV

Post by TinTinV »

But why should they bother telling a story we already knew of?...I mean quite honestly, these films are meant to serve as prequels to what we saw in Peter Pan.

I've got more then enough faith that the story will lend itself there down the line but for now, why not just enjoy the ride? What sort of film would it be if we were constantly given a Tinkerbell whom was always upset, sassy & deceptive? We'd have a Tinkerbell who wouldn't resonate with anyone other then the folks who grew up with Peter Pan & a film where the lead character never grows.

The great thing about these films is that it brings a fresh look into her character, giving her so much more depth then before. Again, I'm sure that at when all of these films have been released, we will grow to understand exactly WHY she was who she was in Peter Pan, therefore giving that film an entirely new outlook as well.

At the end of the day, these films are giving little girls something fun to watch & it's nice knowing that there are still quality films for children being made out there. I'd rather have them watching Tinkerbell then some of the other things out there that they could be watching. This new Tinkerbell franchise has clearly struck a chord with those girls & that's more then enough of a reason to celebrate it. :-)

P.S. I just watched The Lost Treasure myself & I was quite impressed with where they took her story & I cannot wait for the next one. There seems to be a lot of careful considerations to detail in these films & I'm quite satisfied to say the least.
Disney Duster

Tinker Bell Cheapquels

Post by Disney Duster »

The point is they should not make up a backstory for her. And excuse me, why would Walt or anyone who worked on the film want their original film to be seen a different way than they intended?!

But Tinker Bell could still be vain, jealous, and mischevious, and helpful, as she helped Peter and did some nice things. But these movies make her almost unrecognizable in all but look, and even then...

If this kept to J.M. Barrie or perhaps occured only as dreams of a child in the film, and if Tinker Bell were more like the one we knew, maybe I wouldn't be so shocked at the blasphemy. And maybe if they had plots more like actual features all members of the family could like and Pixie Hollow wasn't just a copy of the real world (is it just London?) with perpetual seasons it would be better...

This second movie sounds like it may have more of a plot, at least.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Re: Tinker Bell Cheapquels

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Disney Duster wrote:But the most important thing was this is not Tinker Bell the character as we knew her.

It does not matter if she grows into the character later, because she started out not being the character. She started out changed.

WOULD YOU take someone else's character and say that they were totally different before in some backstory you make up for them?
Characters change! Look at the beast, for example...

But whatever... You used to be really nice, Disney Duster... I guess you changed...
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Hey, I was skeptical about this at first, too. I didn't want to see it, I didn't want to hear about it, it just sounded stupid.
But then I did see it.
It changed everything. I totally loved this movie. Yes, the plot is simple, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The environment and characters seem less "fairy princess" and more "faerie," and this is backed up by the Celtic/Gaelic music.
It's visually stunning, and I found it quite enjoyable. And you have to remember that Tink is must younger. Perhaps emotional baggage made her cranky....
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

And I thank John for that!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DD, you're not a real fan of fanfiction, are you? Tinkerbell is just that: one(or many) massive fanfiction(s). What you say about the filmmakers not having the right to make these movies stifles creativity, and in today's Hollywood, you don't want to do that.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

With so much of "Lost Treasure" already revealed, I can't help myself from thinking ahead a litte farther into the future...
Anyone want to speculate why, as it says in the synopsis posted by Old Fish Tale, Vidia of all people would want to lead a rescue (in dangerous conditions, no less!) of Tinker Bell?
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

No idea, dear... We need to see the trailer!

Also, the trolls have names! Click here!
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Does anybody know if there's going to be a coupon for this Disney Blu-ray? I really hope so! And, as usual - this is the only place where I can find the link so if you know of one please post it!
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I doubt that Disney will do a coupon for this film, for Blu-Ray or DVD. As far as I know, they've never done them for direct to video films.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Some people are a fan of fanfiction and backstories or inbetweenquels or prequels or remakes of a movie/tv show/toy/game etc and some are not....

That's what makes the world go round....we each have our own opinions...and are entitled to them....some we may agree with and others not so....

I swear I am going to get a pattented on saying my late Grandpa of 17 year use to say :P (which is below)

It's a good thing all men didn't like the same woman or else we would be in trouble
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Nothing? lol

I've noticed at Toysrus, they have a promotion if you buy Tinker Bell The Lost Treasure and Snow White together you save $8 bucks.

I want a promo with Tinker Bell by it's self though! :)
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I don't think Disney is going to have a coupon for Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. They have never done coupons for direct-to-video releases and if they give out coupons for every single new release, when are they going to make money?
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I hope they release a coupon. Sometimes they only do it 1-2 days in advance. You have to remember that only a select few people will actually use the coupons, so they're not losing that much money. Plus it barely costs anything to make a DVD anyway.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

A Tinker Bell movie for boys? The makers of 'Lost Treasure' hope so
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocom ... pe-so.html
(via disneyreport.com)
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Wow... that article was great! I knew that John brought alot to the productions, but it really is nice to see how many Pixar strategies he implemented at DisneyToon. They came a long way from most of those wretched cheapquels, that's for sure!
It does make me wonder, though, if they are going to change her costume in some other ways in future movies as well. Maybe a coat for "A Winter Tale?" But what could they do different for the summer-themed "Great Fairy Rescue?"
And it does make me wonder where exactly "Race Through the Seasons" will fit in....
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

"Lost Treasure" gets a review. Don't worry, it's pretty unbiased. :P
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2416/ti ... asure.html

This guy was pleasantly surprised. Also of note is the fact that he claims not to have seen the first one.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

So I am guessing this will just be on sale the first week. Looks like Disney is just doing deals with this release if you buy Snow White. I hope we get a coupon before the release. I would even take $5 dollars lol. I do have my $5 gift card I got at toysrus when I bought Snow White so I will use that plus I do have $2.37 left on my company's gift card. So that will def help me out. :)