Should Disney finish the Saludos Amigos trilogy?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Should Disney finish the Saludos Amigos trilogy?

Post by Barbossa »

With Rio de Janeiro winning the 2016 Olympics today, I got to thinking, should Disney take a crack at finishing off the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros Latin America 'trilogy' as it was originally planned? How do you think a third installment could turn out in this day and age?
:donald: :goofy:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I don't think there would be a point to making it. WDAS is on a minimal budget, why would they make this?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

You see everyone!?!

This is where DTV sequels come in handy!

:P
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Given the US's relations with Cuba, I don't think Walt's plans for Cuban Carnival would really pan out anymore.

I'd rather they release Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros in Special Edition sets with all their laserdisc material and bundle them with Walt and El Grupo.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

They already did -- it's called Melody Time.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Escapay wrote:Given the US's relations with Cuba, I don't think Walt's plans for Cuban Carnival would really pan out anymore.

I'd rather they release Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros in Special Edition sets with all their laserdisc material and bundle them with Walt and El Grupo.

albert
I saw Walt and El Grupo when I was in Anaheim last month and as I was watching it, I kept thinking "This would make an excellent release paired with unedited versions of Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros." The film was really great and while it didn't talk too much about the films themselves, it serves as a great behind the scenes documentary for them. The film has lots of footage of Walt and the animators smoking, which is why at that point, they might as well let Goofy smoke too. :lol: It would be great if they did a 2-disc Blu-Ray of Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros with all of the LD and DVD bonus features on disc 1 and Walt and El Grupo on disc 2.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

These movies have never really appealed to me at all, but it would be nice to see... :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I'd like to see Donald Duck dancing with Castro and his new friend, Communist Parakeet Character, in "Cuban Carnival".
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

THE THREE CABALLEROS IN PUERTO RICO!

Donald, Jose and Panchito visit the enchanting island of Puerto Rico and meet their new friend, Pepe Coqui. The four caballeros sing their way through an enchanted story of the island, its culture and its music...

...Oh and pretty girls for Donald to chase around ;) .

:p
ImageImageImageImage

merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Check out "Carnival Time" from Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color...
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I don't think it will ever happen, especially with the new PC mindset Disney has. But, on the other hand, never say never...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I don't think it has anything to do with PC, it's business. How many people would they sucker in to theaters with the third movie? Who the heck would really care about them making a third film apart from us? Would Disney even bother making a package feature today (I've never been a huge fan of them to begin with). I predict the announcement would go something like this...

DISNEY: Yes, we've finally completed the "Latin America" trilogy!
PUBLIC: The what?
DISNEY: Why, the third film following up the animated classics "Saludos Amigos" and "The Three Caballeros"!
PUBLIC: ...
DISNEY: What?
PUBLIC: Is there a princess?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I was never aware that these 'Latin American' features could be part of a trilogy. Acutally saw "Three caballeros" not so long ago and thougth it was pretty dull. If Disney does make a third instalment, please let it be entertaining or else don't bother.

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I could make a new thread for Walt and El Grupo, but it was already mentioned here. Here's a really good interview about the film with Ted Thomas (Frank Thomas' son):

The Missing Disney Uncovered in El Grupo
http://www.awn.com/articles/people/miss ... page/1%2C1

One section of the website mentioned Orlando, but it's not listed in the theater section, but I'd definitely like to see this. It seems really interesting.
blackcauldron85

More on Walt & El Grupo:

Walt and El Grupo Premiere
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID512920.asp
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

In "Carnival Time" from "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color," Professor Von Drake sends correspondents Donald Duck and Jose Carioca to New Orleans and Rio for dual coverage of Mardi Gras and Carnivale and everyone dances to the Sherman Bros tune "It Gets You."

Another original Treasure audiences of all ages are current deprived of with few episodes of Walt's anthology on DVD... Let's see some anthology sets - - or at least a Ludwig set.
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

blackcauldron85 wrote: One section of the website mentioned Orlando, but it's not listed in the theater section, but I'd definitely like to see this. It seems really interesting.
On the official website, the Orlando date has been removed. However on MovieTickets.Com, they are still selling tickets for the movie starting on December 11 at the AMC Pleasure Island Theater.
blackcauldron85

Hmm...thanks for letting me know! Do you think that it's still going to be playing there? One of the two is making an oopsy!