"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Today, it was announced that Glee will premiere earlier than expected with the series premiere being Wed, Sep. 9. Fox also released a clip of Meredith singing "Bust Your Windows" on Hulu which can be viewed here. Also, if you haven't seen the new preview on Fox with Matthew Morrison rapping to "Gold Digger" and Glee belting "Somebody to Love," you can view that here.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Oh, I had seen the Meridith clip, but not the one with Matthew! Can't wait to see it and I'm so excited they bumped up the start date!! WOOO!!!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Brer Brandon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Brer Brandon »

I was thrilled to hear the other day that the premiere date has been moved up. Back when the pilot was previewed in May all the promos has been misleading to me. I thought it was going to be a summer run of the series similar to how Fox did The OC in 2003 (a 6 week summer run followed by the regular fall season) so I was really disappointed in having to wait until fall. Now we won't have to wait quite as long.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

For all of the fans, or newcomers to the amazingness that isGlee, iTunes has released a FREE BRAND FRICKING NEW music video of Lea Michele singing "On My Own" from Les Mis! GO DOWNLOAD NOW! FREE! FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK! :!:
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Also, it's been announced that they're gonna air the director's cut of the pilot on September 2nd, which includes the extended "On My Own" performance.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Did anyone see the premeire? I LOVED it! I can't wait until next week's episode!!!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Omg, their performance of "Push It" had my jaw on the floor! It was so amazing!

And OMG at Finn and Rachel!! AAAAAHHH!!!!

And poor Emma :(

P.S. I TOOOOTALLY knew that Terri wasn't really pregnant! I KNEW it!

And I love when Quinn sang "Say a Little Prayer" <3 that song!

Rachel- "I guess I don't have a gag reflex."
Emma- "One day when you're older that'll turn out to be a gift."

Kurt- "Gay!"

:lol: rotfl

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

"In my twenty years of teaching, that was the most offensive thing I've seen. And this includes an elementary school production of HAIR."

:lol:
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

I watched "Showmance" this morning on Hulu before school. I'd already seen the first 15 minutes since of the Director's Cut Pilot DVD, so I skipped that. I loved the whole thing! It was........... awesome!

P.S. I totally knew that Terri wasn't gonna be pregnant.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

You know, I watched the pilot and Showmance, but I don't really understand the popularity behind this show so far. Maybe it'll pick up, but I wasn't very ecstatic about the first two episodes. Everyone except the cheerleading coach and the red-haired teacher with a crush is pretty much empty/bland/annoying. And the music's okay.

As for Terri, I thought she had been faking the pregnancy. Turns out she really did believe she was pregnant until late on. Either way, she needs to go.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Either way, she needs to go.

She won't be gone for a while, otherwise there's no interesting love triangle to keep the viewers watching/talking.

I love Siren!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

xxhplinkxx wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Either way, she needs to go.

She won't be gone for a while, otherwise there's no interesting love triangle to keep the viewers watching/talking.
Uhm... what about the main love triangle? Rachel/Finn/Cheerleader (Whose name escapes me... :P )
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Quinn. And I wouldn't say it's the "main" one; I think they're both equally as important. If anything, I'd say Will's is more important cause Rachel/Finn is just a teen romance and there's no marriage at stake. Don't get me wrong, I want them together, but they could both easily end up with new characters down road.

I love Siren!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I really want to like "Glee" more than I do. I just find Rachel to be one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen. If I knew her in high school, frankly I wouldn't feel too bad about throwing a slushie at her. Also, second the comment about Matty Morrison's wife. She's really only there to give some plot conflict. Does anybody seriously think he's going to end up with her in the end? Come on.

I did like Jane Lynch. A lot. And I like the supporting characters, though I wish they were more developed than one-note "sassy black girl" and "gay boy" and "kid in wheelchair". Also Matthew Morrison is hunky and I like to sing, so whatevs, I'll keep watching and grumbling until things wise up.

And didn't Lea Michele singing in the hallway at Finn break the "we want to be realistic, and we'll only sing at performances" thing the creators were talking about?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

One of the most, if not the, funniest part of the second episode:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vPYmIzS3DY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vPYmIzS3DY&hl ... 1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:One of the most, if not the, funniest part of the second episode:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vPYmIzS3DY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vPYmIzS3DY&hl ... 1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
OMG YES! I had to rewind that on my tivo, like a billion times!
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT AT 9! WATCH!
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

The new episode was AWESOME (as usual)! Some high points:

- The choreographer and his shortness was an epic win.

- Sue's involvement is getting greater and evil... er.

- Mercedes falling for Kurt is hilarious in every way.

- Kurt's coming out scene was REALLY well acted.

- Sandy's obsession with Josh Groban was really funny.

The episode overall was really good, and I can't wait for next week!
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Anybody notice <i>Full House</i>'s Walter (aka Duckface) as the choreographer?
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

pinkrenata wrote:Anybody notice <i>Full House</i>'s Walter (aka Duckface) as the choreographer?
I know him as that creepy kid from Addams Family & Nightmare on Elm Street 5.