Terminator 3

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Terminator 3

Post by Maerj »

I got a chance to see it tonight. I didn't know what to expect, since James Cameron wasn't involved with this one.

On the plus side: Tons and tons of chases, shooting and wild robot action. I loved the new Terminator, very cool! The story did seem to make sense in the overall story and they could easily make one more. If they do, it had better take place entirely in the future world!!

On the negative side: Too much humor! Some jokes are okay, T2 had it's share, but this one had too many and some were waaaay over the top.

Conclusion: I would rate T1 and T2 4 star movies, while this one would be a 3 star. I enjoyed it and was thoroughly entertained but the goofy humor should have been trimmed a little bit. I am still going to buy it on DVD, but be warned before going to see it that there is going to be a bit of humor that you may not (or may, depending on who you are!) enjoy.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

i might wait for the DVD, im saving my money for pirates of the caribbean and charlie's angel-full throttle! :)
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

goofy humor
Did Arnie fly through the air yodelling? :)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

I saw it last night. I loved the terrific special effects. Definitely a guy movie (Though that shouldn't stop any female Terminator fans). It was smart to make a movie about mostly indestructable robots that look like humans who fight each other, because since their mostly indestructable, anything goes and its HIGHLY entertaining to watch. T3 is certainly not a let-down in that aspect. I do think that something was missing from the story. It seemed sort of short.

[b][color=red]SPOILER![/color][/b]

The ending was a bit depressing, as they didn't stop Judgement Day, but it was still good. That is, if there is a T4, then we are pretty much guarenteed of the future world, but if there is no sequel, then the ending TOTALLY sucked. I'm pretty much banking on a fourth film. :roll:
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?