Please, Disney: The ones we need...!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Please, Disney: The ones we need...!

Post by merlinjones »

Sammy the Way-Out Seal
Escapade in Florence
The Horsemasters
The Light in the Forest
The Prince and the Pauper
The Sword and the Rose
Charley and the Angel
Child of Glass
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

+ The Mr. Boogedy films.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Please, Disney: The ones we need...!

Post by Darby »

merlinjones wrote:Sammy the Way-Out Seal
Escapade in Florence
The Horsemasters
The Light in the Forest
The Sword and the Rose
Charley and the Angel
Child of Glass
merlinjones:

I second the motion for Disney to release all of these wonderful films even via DMC if they is the only way they will do it!

Darby
mvealf
Gold Classic Collection

Post by mvealf »

merlinjones wrote:Sammy the Way-Out Seal
Escapade in Florence
The Horsemasters
The Light in the Forest
The Sword and the Rose
Charley and the Angel
Child of Glass
The Light in the Forest is available on DVD. <p><a href="http://www.dep-store.com/ProductDetails ... L00">Click here</a>.</p>
Visit the home of my Disney Japanese laserdiscs
http://www.geocities.com/disney_laserdiscs
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

And why not The Sign of Zorro and Zorro the Avenger to boot.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

merlinjones wrote:And why not The Sign of Zorro and Zorro the Avenger to boot.
Those two should also be released as DMC Exclusives, as should Tonka!

Darby
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

...and Mosby's Marauders (aka Willie and the Yank)
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

mvealf wrote:The Light in the Forest is available on DVD. <p><a href="http://www.dep-store.com/ProductDetails ... L00">Click here</a>.</p>
mvealf:

Thanks for the link. I just hope they release it for cheaper price through DMC at some point.

Darby
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

My thoughts exactly. I've known of its existence on DVD for some time, but who wants to pay $30 for a DVD with no bonus features and in the incorrect aspect ratio? I hope this is done as a DMC Exclusive. It wouldn't be the first time that educational DVDs were sold there (Bill Nye, Timon & Pumba).
abbatazappa

Post by abbatazappa »

goofystitch wrote:My thoughts exactly. I've known of its existence on DVD for some time, but who wants to pay $30 for a DVD with no bonus features and in the incorrect aspect ratio? I hope this is done as a DMC Exclusive. It wouldn't be the first time that educational DVDs were sold there (Bill Nye, Timon & Pumba).
I hate to tell you, but DMC exclusives are $20 and have no bonus features and are usually the incorrect aspect ratio. I've got the DEP releases of The Light in the Forest as well as Justin Morgan Had a Horse, and they are just as 'good' as DMC exclusives.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

abbatazappa wrote:
goofystitch wrote:My thoughts exactly. I've known of its existence on DVD for some time, but who wants to pay $30 for a DVD with no bonus features and in the incorrect aspect ratio? I hope this is done as a DMC Exclusive. It wouldn't be the first time that educational DVDs were sold there (Bill Nye, Timon & Pumba).
I hate to tell you, but DMC exclusives are $20 and have no bonus features and are usually the incorrect aspect ratio. I've got the DEP releases of The Light in the Forest as well as Justin Morgan Had a Horse, and they are just as 'good' as DMC exclusives.
Oh I'm not expecting much if they decide to release "The Light in the Forest" as a DMC Exclusive, but $10 cheaper would be nice in this economy...

Darby
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

abbatazappa wrote:
I have most of the DMC Exclusives. I wait to buy them until they have a good VIP deal, like the current one where each additional movie is 60% off. I have never paid more than $15 for an exclusive title. And even if an exclusive version was in fullscreen, it would be so much cheaper than $50 for the educational edition.
feathergoddess3

More Titles

Post by feathergoddess3 »

Mosby's Marauders (aka Willie and the Yank)

Johnny Shiloh

The Horsemasters

WestWard Ho! The Wagons

They've got to get some of these out before they are completely lost somewhere.

I want more Live Action Classics on DVD!
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Re: More Titles

Post by Darby »

feathergoddess3 wrote:I want more Live Action Classics on DVD!
feathergoddess3:

Amen to that! Glad to have another classic Disney live action advocate on board!

Darby
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

I'm all for more Disney anything they decide to release. I find the lesser known stuff quite a bit more interesting.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Have they stopped with the exclusive releases? Isn't it about time for a few more?
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

It is about time, I haven't bought anything from DMC in a while.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Richard--W
Limited Issue

Post by Richard--W »

I would especially like to see The Prince and the Pauper released in a special edition that includes both the three-part episodes (or was it only a two-parter? I can't remember) and the shorter, tighter feature film version. Wasn't there also an LP in which parts of the novel are read aloud with sound effects and music? Wouldn't that make a nice supplement.

I would also like to see the Zorro feature film edits, Moseby's Marauders, and especially The Light In the Forest on commercial DVD.

It really is way past time.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>I would especially like to see The Prince and the Pauper released in a special edition that includes both the three-part episodes (or was it only a two-parter? I can't remember)...<<

Three parts.
Voiceroy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Voiceroy »

Put "Condorman" back in please. I joined the DMR program specifically to own this title and was crushed to learn that it is "currently unavailable."

Also, a non-P&S version of "Blackbeard's Ghost" would be greatly appreciated. To date, it's THE worst P&S format I've ever seen.

Would also like to see all the now out-of-print WD Treasures sets added to th DMC catalog.

And it's worth mentioning here that the club is scheduled to expire in August 2011. If they don't offer any new club exclusives in 2010, it's a given that they're going to shut it down in 2011.
Last edited by Voiceroy on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.