"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I was just wondering if they're going to show this episode again? I was watching AI, and the commercial said that it was a "preview" of the show. So they are going to show it again whenever it officially starts to air, right? I wanted to watch it, but I wasn't going to waste my time on a preview when I've already seen 20 bagazillion commercials for the show (which, btw, made me love the "Don't Stop Believing" version they had).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

You can watch the pilot here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/73740/glee-pilot

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

I downloaded it for free on iTunes, and it's on my ipod now! YaY
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Awesome! I've been waiting all day for it to go up. I'm downloading it now, too!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Post by The Little Merboy »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Awesome! I've been waiting all day for it to go up. I'm downloading it now, too!
Oh I know! I kept checking after midnight, and nothing. And then, viola there it was, and I was like YESSS!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Haha... I was doing the same thing too. :p

I love Siren!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I've seen commercials for this and considering that both the original Wendla and Link Larkin are in it, I found it to be a must watch. I'm downloading it now onto iTunes and I can't wait to watch it.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

I just saw it :D

Very good, always room for improvement, but I'm very excited for it to start this fall. I'm so glad whoever came up with this came up with it first, the writing is actually funny! Is there any other funny shows on? Not hilarious, but still, just a pilot.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I've been eagerly awaiting this show for a while, and it was AMAZING. I CANNOT wait until the fall to see more! :)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I just got the Glee version of Don't Stop Believin' (Available on iTunes)

Freaking LOVE it! It's definitely brightened up my gloomy day a little.

Btw, it's the #1 song on iTunes right now! SUCK IT, AMERICAN IDOL! :twisted:

I love Siren!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I saw a promo and was scared, do I dare watch the pilot?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

YES! DARE! DARE!

I love Siren!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

xxhplinkxx wrote:YES! DARE! DARE!
Well apparently I can't watch it because that link only works for US residents. Is it on youtube or something?

Edit: After doing some searching the answer is no. Will it air again?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Not on YouTube, but you can d/l it for free on iTunes... (at least here you can)

Or try the Fox website.

I love Siren!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Not on YouTube, but you can d/l it for free on iTunes... (at least here you can)

Or try the Fox website.
Not here you can't.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I PMed you a link. Check it out.

I love Siren!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Thanks to that link sent by Chris I sat through the fairly painful ordeal known as Glee. Some points:

- God I hate those uncreative one-dimensional stereotypes with "personality". They're all are lame in their own unique way (especially the students played by people in their late 20s which is typical for this kind of show, but it doens't help), but put them together and they make for a dull cast. At least the snooty bitch who's to retarded to figure out why no one likes her gets bullied. She had it coming.

- It fails at begin funny. Overly religious girl having sex? Pot dealing theater fag teacher? 14 year olds shouldn't be allowed to write scripts.

- The Fox product placement at the beginning, ick.

- The whole bully thing which seems really over the top and ridiculous, but that usually happens when people who haven't been in high school in 3 decades write this stuff for those who haven't gone yet. At least John Hughes seemed to know his bullies were pretty over-the-top.

- The song and dance scenes were OK but not worth sitting through the other 35 minutes that made up the show.

- Kleenex must be a sponsor because of all the forced crying going on. I don't think Spider-Man 3 had this much weeping.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Glee

Post by Disney Duster »

I thought this pilot was going to be shown all through the summer...?

Flam-Ham, maybe this isn't your kind of humor...

The bullying is supposed to be unrealistic. The whole thing is rather ridiculously funny, like the guy who leaves the football player's mom...

What I didn't like was the obvious electronic enhancing of the singers' voices in that final part of the show when they sang "Can't Stop Believing", that's when the Glee teacher comes back, right? They should have used only their real voices, if that's what they had been using before.

But otherwise I loved the show. I really laughed. I don't do that too often, at least I haven't in a while. One of the best part was when the other Glee group was so smashingly good, I mean thet instantly turned into an unstoppable obviously unbelievably good performance! They were moving so fast and perfect, and then it ended and then our Glee's reactions...

I like the very open gayness.
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

Ok so I missed the Pilot episode when it aired but I was checking the "Free on Itunes" section and there it was! (not anymore - sorry guys) So I downloaded it to check it out - what the heck. If I hate it I can delete it.
I must say I'm in love with this show now and can't wait until it starts up in the fall!! Love, love, love it!!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I never heard of this show until my sister showed me a clip of it a while back (Where they are singing "Don't Stop Believing") on Youtube and I thought it looked kind of interesting. I may try to watch it when it starts back up.