"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

"Glee" Discussion

Post by The Little Merboy »

<center>Image
glee (gle) n.
1. great merriment {syn: hilarity};
2. malicious satisfaction {syn: gloat}

Cast

Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester
Lea Michele as Rachel Berry*
Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson
Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester
Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury
Kevin McHale as Arty
Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones
Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina
Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel
Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray
Mark Salling as Puck
Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</center>

OMG! Totally loved it!

Fox has a big hit on their hands, and pairing with iTunes is super smart.

I love the Glee cast versions of "Don't Stop Believing" and "Rehab"! I already bought the singles off of iTunes.
Last edited by The Little Merboy on Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Lea Michele is so cute as Rachel Berry, and she is soooo talented! I mean come on, she blew "Don't Stop Believing" away. And actually is a pretty good little actress, maybe she is playing herself? LoL.

And Matthew Morrison, hubba hubba. Watching a great/funny show with awesome music, def. worth it. But adding this talented, eye candy is a VERY VERY VERY smart idea too. He is delicious, and would be a great choice for Disney's Hercules, if it was ever adapted to Broadway. I cannot imagine anyone else in this role, well, only, maybe Cheyenne Jackson, LOL.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

The NJ Trilogy watched this tonight and we're upset that we have to wait until September to see the next episode!

I loved the episode. It's everything High School Musical intended to be, but "Glee" did it 100 times better without being overtly peppy or annoying.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Escapay wrote:I loved the episode. It's everything High School Musical intended to be, but "Glee" did it 100 times better without being overtly peppy or annoying.
I never looked at it like that, LOLOLOL. But very good point, and "Glee" appeals to a much bigger audience. I would never give any of those "HSM" films the time of day, and the music is wayyyyy to bubble gum. "Glee" took an 80's classic, and gave it a very Broadway feel.

According to Wikipedia and the preview for the season, it's going to have alot of nice covers.

Broadway stars Cheyenne Jackson, Kristen Chenoweth, John Lloyd Young, Debra Monk, Victor Garber & Josh Groban are to appear!

I hope Kerry Butler, Laura Bell Bundy, Susan Egan and Ashley Brown get to make an appearance.

Hoping for Jodi Benson as a guest star, would almost be a pipe dream.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I just hope all the music they use won't pose a problem for a DVD release. Even if it's just one episode in, I know I'm gonna buy the series on DVD.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Only one episode, and I officially LOVE this show. Being in Show Choir myself, I'm glad a show about it is being given a lot of coverage.

Our director told us that the "Carmel" group in the episode is actually the Burbank Show Choir which is directed by Brett Caroll. Mr. Caroll was supposed to choreograph one of our songs this year, but couldn't because of this show. It was alright, though, because the song turned out fine, and we still had a few practices where he worked on vocals with us! So cool.

And I can't wait to see more episodes in the fall! I'm looking forward to seeing if they interpret the ways Show Choirs work (wake up 5 am on saturdays for competitions all day long) correctly. Regardless, I really enjoy the style of humor and mood this show has.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

GAAAAH!! I'm so angry that I missed this! But luckily I'll be able to download it for for free on iTunes for a limited time starting tomorrow, so go get it if you wanna see it again!

And I would LOVE to see Laura Bell Bundy! I totally loved Legally Blonde. I really hope this series does well! :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

xxhplinkxx wrote:And I would LOVE to see Laura Bell Bundy! I totally loved Legally Blonde. I really hope this series does well! :D
I would love to see her as a bitchy rival Glee club teacher, or if she could pull it off, maybe student. LoL.

I could see her as Jane Lynch type character, but obsessed with Glee club instead of cheering, and it being her life.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Yes! A bitchy teacher would be great. :lol:

Btw, TLM, I love your avatar :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

xxhplinkxx wrote:Yes! A bitchy teacher would be great. :lol:

Btw, TLM, I love your avatar :D
I could totally see it, she could do that crazed look too. LoL.

And thanks, actually, I have always admired yours. I wanted a Jean one for awhile, even tho she isn't in XMOW, but Tim Pocock, was quite a cutie.
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

Glad to see Jayma Mays on here, loved her on Heroes, but hated her in Ugly Betty. In both she played characters named, Charlie.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Oh that's funny. I didn't know she played a Charlie i UB. Hell, I didn't know she was on UB all together. That's pretty funny though.

I love Siren!
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I only got to watch a few minutes of it (school + procrastination = bitch). What I saw was awesome though.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

zackisthewalrus wrote:(school + procrastination = bitch)
Hm. That's funny. I always thought the equation for bitch was:

Über crazy conservative + a vagina = Ann Coulter.

Oh well. :wink:

I love Siren!
The Little Merboy
Special Edition

xxhplinkxx wrote:
zackisthewalrus wrote:(school + procrastination = bitch)
Über crazy conservative + a vagina = Ann Coulter.
Two other answers for that could be, Carrie Prejean or Sarah Palin.
:wink: :wink:
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

:lol: Yes, all of the above will do.

I love Siren!
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I've been looking forward to this ever since the first trailers appeared, but I haven't seen it yet, because it's not online yet. Anywhoo, I can't wait and I already know I'll love the show!!
GloomyEeyore
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GloomyEeyore »

I really liked this show and I am looking forward to the start of the season, unfortunately that is in September.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I've just finished watching and it definitely has to be the best pilot of the new season!! I simply can't wait to see more of it.
I just hope Fox treats Glee the way it deserves, since it definitely has the potential to be a big new hit.
The last time I was so enthusiastic about a pilot was when I saw the Pushing Daisies pilot for the first time (yes, I am still mourning PD!), but Glee makes me really excited for the 09/10 TV season.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I just watched this show over on Hulu... Omg, freaking AWESOME! I totally loved it. I really hope Fox doesn't screw this one up as they, um, tend to do.

I love Siren!