Frog Princess found & renamed!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Escapay wrote:Apparently 4 years since you joined on March 17, 2009.
I think you mean 2005 :wink:
Last edited by Sotiris on Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I think he meant as of 2009, it's been four years...
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

sotiris2006 wrote:I think you mean 2005 :wink:
No, I'm going by Disney Time. It's already 2016 and Disney's Divinity joined four years ago, which was 2009. Next year will be 2019 and we'll see the 23.39th Anniversary Edition of Pocahontas on Blu-Roy Desk.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

If it's already 2016 then we're dead! 2012 doomsday Mayan calendar-related shit, anyone? :P
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I think the Mayan calendar only ends in 2012 because the guy making it figured he'd be dead by 2012 anyway, and thus it'd be someone else's problem by that point.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Jules wrote:If it's already 2016 then we're dead! 2012 doomsday Mayan calendar-related shit, anyone? :P
Ha! See! Proof that the Mayans don't know what they're talking about! If by Disney Time it's already 2016, then the world didn't end!

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

Escapay I like the way you think, lol :lol:
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Here's another early review. I found it at Superhero Hype! (of all places :)).
Originally posted by spideyboy_1111:

Was one of the first to see the film tonight I give it an A classic disney at it's best. I wont spoil things for you guys, but if you have any questions ill let you know.

I was in a group of probably 200, (they had 2 viewings today one for families and one for 14+) I very much enjoyed it overall, the movie was though, not complete 20% was in color, and the rest was rough animation, and animated story boarding. But I will definately say this is a beautiful story and feels very much as if it were part of the Disney renaissance of the 90's.

The characters are great, both Tiana and Prince Naveen were to of the best prince and princesses of disney history. There chemistry is great. And i'd probably make it a 3 way tie with Aladdin and The Little Mermaid in terms of royal couples.

Tiana is a wonderful mix of Belle and Jasmine and Naveen is a wonderful mix of Aladdin and Prince Eric.

The movie does lack the memorable songs that the 90's films had (yes even when compared to hercules, mulan, and tarzan) but it makes up for that in terms of story, humor and heartwarming abilities.

it definately was one of the most humorous and heartwarming disney films of all time, and it's not a "girly girl" princess story (like Cinderella and snow white) like i thought it would be.

Over all definately and A (memorable music though, would have given it the + for perfection)
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthr ... 358&page=4
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I, for one, am very excited for this movie and can't wait till it comes out (as well as "Rapunzel")!

I know we all have our opinions, and I honestly don't mean to sound rude and uncivil, but with all due respect, I think some people on this website complain too much. I mean dang, the movie hasn't even come out yet, and several people are already complaining about a 1 minute clip from YouTube, pictures, and a teaser trailer. At least wait till a full trailer comes out or something!

That's all. :-)
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Interesting article, judging by the previews I've seen I think the chemistry between Prince Naveen/Tiana is what's gonna make this fairy tale couple stand out from all others.

The only other Disney fairy tale couple where "chemistry was everything" would have to be Beauty and the Beast. These might be the only couples where 'love at first sight' is not an immediate factor in the romance and that should be very interesting.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Hmm...coincidence?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

sotiris2006 wrote: Hmm...coincidence?
no way! i always thought something about her looked familiar and that's it! :lol:
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

sotiris2006 wrote:Image

Hmm...coincidence?
I'm shocked it's took this long for someone to bring that up.
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

At 75 pages, I think it is time for a new thread. Whoever starts the new thread, please provide a link back to this one.