Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else but
on his website movie crazy Mr. Maltin says that there will definitely
be a 9th Treasures wave although what will be in it
is still up in the air for the time being....

"I’m not yet sure what will be included in next year’s batch of Treasures but I have been assured that the series will continue, which is little short of a miracle given the fact that I was told it was all over several years ago. I’m eternally grateful to Dick Cook, President of The Walt Disney Company, for giving me the green light when I approached him with this idea nine years ago. It has truly been a labor of love."

:D
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

geniuswalt wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else but
on his website movie crazy Mr. Maltin says that there will definitely
be a 9th Treasures wave although what will be in it
is still up in the air for the time being....

"I’m not yet sure what will be included in next year’s batch of Treasures but I have been assured that the series will continue, which is little short of a miracle given the fact that I was told it was all over several years ago. I’m eternally grateful to Dick Cook, President of The Walt Disney Company, for giving me the green light when I approached him with this idea nine years ago. It has truly been a labor of love."

:D
Right on! Good news. I guess we won't know until at least March what those new sets will be.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I haven't joined the movie club so I haven't been able to pick up Donald in Mathmagic Land yet; anyway I've been hoping to see it released within an "educational" Treasures set for years.

I'd really love to own the "I'm No Fool" series as well, Jiminy was great in those and they'd be perfect in an educational set. :)

Hey, did anyone else here watch these as films (as opposed to videos) in school? :lol:
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

enigmawing wrote:I haven't joined the movie club so I haven't been able to pick up Donald in Mathmagic Land yet; anyway I've been hoping to see it released within an "educational" Treasures set for years.

I'd really love to own the "I'm No Fool" series as well, Jiminy was great in those and they'd be perfect in an educational set. :)
Donald in Mathmagic Land can be found on the latest Donald Treasure.

Unfortunately, the fact that they just launched an Educational department
at Disney makes me think that an Educational Treasure is highly unlikely....
as much as I would like to see one released :(
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

geniuswalt wrote:Donald in Mathmagic Land can be found on the latest Donald Treasure.
*runs away screaming*

Ahem. Sorry for that, I just got a little excited. :lol: Thanks for the info. :)

I've fallen way behind on keeping up with whatever material is available on DVD these days, let alone all the purchases I've been wanting to make. Looks like the latest Donald Treasure is moving up my list a few notches. ;)
kaijueguy

I want Jiminy Cricket as a treasures Set

Post by kaijueguy »

I would love to see a Jiminy Cricket Treasures Set. All of the I'm No Fool series. It could also include the Jiminy hosted Anthology Episodes. I keep reading about people wanting a Chip "n' Dale set or a Zorro set. Since the Chip N Dale cartoons are available in the Classic Cartoon series and on the Treasures already, I'd rather see stuff that hasn't seen a release yet. Zorro season one is already available through the Movie Club and Season 2 has just started coming out. A Zorro Treasues tin would be double dipping and we'vre had enough of that already.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>Zorro season one is already available through the Movie Club and Season 2 has just started coming out. A Zorro Treasues tin would be double dipping and we'vre had enough of that already.<<

Not at all. There are four original one hour episodes of "Zorro" ("Season 3") from "Walt Disney Presents" that have never been released - - and two feature-length theatrical films made from the earlier series episodes: "The Sign of Zorro" and "Zorro the Avenger" - - neither of which have been available on DVD. Gee, all together, these would make a perfect Treasures set.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

merlinjones wrote:>>Zorro season one is already available through the Movie Club and Season 2 has just started coming out. A Zorro Treasues tin would be double dipping and we'vre had enough of that already.<<

Not at all. There are four original one hour episodes of "Zorro" ("Season 3") from "Walt Disney Presents" that have never been released - - and two feature-length theatrical films made from the earlier series episodes: "The Sign of Zorro" and "Zorro the Avenger" - - neither of which have been available on DVD. Gee, all together, these would make a perfect Treasures set.
I'd like to second that motion! The 4 hour-long Zorro episodes along with The Sign of Zorro and Zorro the Avenger would make a perfect Treasures set and follow the example/standard set by the Dr. Syn volume.

Darby
BILLONEE
Limited Issue

Post by BILLONEE »

I'd like to see a Hayley Mills set with her 13 episodes of "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" & any other material she's done other than her great movies.
We are all brothers & sisters on this planet earth.We must plant the seeds of love today for our children's tomorrow.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

BILLONEE wrote:I'd like to see a Hayley Mills set with her 13 episodes of "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" & any other material she's done other than her great movies.
:up: Me too! But I'm betting Disney's saving that for the Hell's Frozen Over Collection. It looks like NBC/Universal have the rights to "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" now anyway, which is why they're supposedly viewable on Netflix.
kaijueguy

Zorro

Post by kaijueguy »

The four Zorro episodes would be great along with the two feature films. I was fortunate enough to get Zorro the Avenger and the episodes when Disney still ran classic stuff. I've since converted all of them to DVD. The Sign of Zorro and Zorro The Avenger would be great because they completely capsulize the entire first season of Zorro.

I'm still rooting for the Jiminy Cricket set. I still remeber these from grade school. Whenever the 16mm projector was in the classroom it seemed liked doomsday if it wasn't a Disney film. The I'm Not Fool cartoons were my favorites.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Re: Zorro

Post by Elladorine »

kaijueguy wrote:I'm still rooting for the Jiminy Cricket set. I still remeber these from grade school. Whenever the 16mm projector was in the classroom it seemed liked doomsday if it wasn't a Disney film. The I'm Not Fool cartoons were my favorites.
I'm not fool, no sir-ee
I'm gonna live to be 93
I play safe for you and me
'cause I'm no fool

Sorry, couldn't resist! They were among my favorites too. :wink:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Zorro

Post by disneyboy20022 »

enigmawing wrote:
kaijueguy wrote:I'm still rooting for the Jiminy Cricket set. I still remeber these from grade school. Whenever the 16mm projector was in the classroom it seemed liked doomsday if it wasn't a Disney film. The I'm Not Fool cartoons were my favorites.
I'm not fool, no sir-ee
I'm gonna live to be 93
I play safe for you and me
'cause I'm no fool

Sorry, couldn't resist! They were among my favorites too. :wink:

Actually My Grandpa has almost gotten to that point in the song

I'm no fool, no Sir-ee

I'm gonna Live to be 93
My Grandpa is 91 going on 92 in May of 2009 so he's pretty close to 93.. :wink:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

I just received the Zorro lithograph from Disney Movie Rewards, and it came in an envelope and a with flyer that says:
"Coming soon to dvd as part of the Walt Disney Treasures."

I don't have time to post a scan right now, but I will get one up later today.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

CJ wrote:I just received the Zorro lithograph from Disney Movie Rewards, and it came in an envelope and a with flyer that says:
"Coming soon to dvd as part of the Walt Disney Treasures."

I don't have time to post a scan right now, but I will get one up later today.
OH WOW!!!!

Thanks for the news, Ceej!

:pink:

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Here are the scans:
Flyer

Envelope
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

YAY!!!!

I can't wait for Zorro! (Black and white please....)
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

Holy @#%$!

First Dr. Syn as a WDT in 2008, now a Zorro WDT in 2009! I think I've died and gone to heaven!

Hopefully it will be the 4 hour-long episodes that comprised "Season 3" plus the two theatrical release The Sign of Zorro and Zorro the Avenger plus a boatload of bonus features.

That news just made my day.

Darby
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

That ad made my day!

1 down, 2 (or 3) to go.

go=to be announced.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I think it will be a pretty good set. Here's my lousy :roll: Photoshop job of how the cover may look:

Now that we know what the first set is, I'll throw this up on the first post of this thread.