I think I'm joining; have a few questions

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

I think I'm joining; have a few questions

Post by PeterPanfan »

I think I might join the DMC, because I've been wanting to for a while, and there's no day but today* to do it.

I have a few questions:

Do I have to use a credit card to sign up? Or can I send in cash/check/money order?

How do I become a VIP with free lifetime shipping?

Is there a limited amount of time to fill the requirements of four $19.95 titles?

How often are there sales?

Thanks to whoever can answer! :)

* Kudos if you get the reference.
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I have been a member since Fall 2007 and am now a VIP after meeting my requirements in December 2007.

Yes you can joing by using a check or money order, but the processing time would take longer than by using a credit card or bank card that processes using the credit option, not debit.

From what i've heard they are sticklers when it comes to free shipping w/VIP status. I am VIP and don't get free shipping, although I was told I would by a cast member over the phone. I think they don't do that anymore for new VIP members.

I don't think there is a time limit to complete the requirement, heck you can usually complete it in 6mos if not sooner, like me.

There are specials every month and w/every holiday that comes around, as I get emails every month allowing me to save.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm a VIP with free shipping for life, but I fulfilled my requirement in a very short period of time, so that may have had something to do with it.

I'm honestly not sure if you can sign up with a method of payment besides a credit card, but here's the number to talk with a cast member: 1-888-257-9100.

You have either a year or 2 to fulfill the requirements (sorry that I'm not sure). So, yes, there is a limited amount of time to fulfill the requirements. And, the titles can be $19.95 and up, not just $19.95. :)

There is always a sale- there is a new sale every month. You get a monthly packet in the mail (if you choose to receive snail mail), as well as emails (if you choose to receive emails) that lists the new sale of the month. If you order online, you don't need to enter in the code for the sale of the month- it automatically gives the movies to you at the discounted price. But if you order on the phone, at least with a cast member at the above number (which isn't the automated phone method of ordering), then you need the discount code. If you send in the mailing card, it does list the sale on there, but I'm not sure if you must also write in the code (and I'm too lazy at the moment to look on the card). Sales range from awesome ones such as Buy-1-get-the-rest-for-40% off or 50% off or 60% off, to ones such as Save 30% on your order when you order 2 movies. Keep in mind that these are VIP sales- non-VIP sales
are more like Save 20% or 25% on your order when you buy 2 movies, and things like that. I don't really remember what other kinds of non-VIP sales there are.

Any more questions, feel free to ask! Sorry that I'm not more certain of my answers... :oops:
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I joined in September of 2007 and finished my required purchases in December of 07 when I placed a phone order. The cast member said that the purchase would fullfill the agreement and make me a VIP member w/free shipping. The next and last order I placed was in Februrary 2008 and when it didn't give me the option online, I placed the order over the phone and the cast member said I didn't qualify for free shipping for reaching VIP status, just a one-time offer of 20% off. Never got the pin or anything else except a letter/packet telling me of my status.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
blackcauldron85

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe you should have (or still should) talk with a supervisor and explain that you were told that you would get free shipping for life with your VIP status. I'm not sure if any good will come out of it, but maybe something can be done?

I don't think that I got a pin for reaching VIP status, either. I think I may have gotten an iron-on patch for that reason (I got one for something).
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I don't think that I got a pin for reaching VIP status, either. I think I may have gotten an iron-on patch for that reason (I got one for something).
When I reached vip, back in June 05, I remember getting an offer for a free pin when you purchased any film at reg. price as well as the b1 g1 free. On my second vip reach in Feb. 08, I got the same pin offer and a get any dvd, $21.95 or lower, for $12.95 (limit 1) as well as a b1g up to 5 dvd 50% off. And after canceling both memberships I got a b1g1 free offer.
blackcauldron85

If it was a pin offer, and not a pin just sent to you, then that's probably why I don't remember anything about a pin, since I didn't order a movie and get a pin, apparently. I vaguely remember the B1G1 free offer, but I think that's what I got when I became a VIP.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Re: I think I'm joining; have a few questions

Post by Simba3 »

PeterPanfan wrote:no day but today*

* Kudos if you get the reference.
I really have nothing to say regarding the topic at hand, but I wanted to let you know I get the RENT reference. ;)
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Hah, congrats! Although it was fairly easy if you like musicals.
ToyStoryFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ToyStoryFan »

I have a quick question. I got a 20% off code from the Movie Rewards website. I plan on using it on a Treasure. Will that still count as one of my committed titles? The cost is still over $20, but I'm unsure if using a 20% code will nullify it being a comitted title. The FAQ only says those you use coupons on WON'T count, but it never says if it counts if the total is still over $20.
The Little Mermaid

Post by The Little Mermaid »

I am a DMC VIP member, i don't have free shipping for life (i wish i did!). To my understanding of what is considered a "committed title" you have to pay the regular price for the dvd. any dvd that you purchase with a discount is not a "committed title" even if the remaining price after the discount is $20 or higher. Hope this helps :)
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I was a member about 5 years ago (a VIP when they first started it). I quit after a while since I'd filled my membership and the VIP didn't mean that much to me. When I was in it before you were limited to buying 2 of any title. Does that rule still apply? Like if you bought 2 copies of Ducktales the Movie they wouldn't allow you to purchase more. Just a question I was thinking about.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

buffalobill wrote:I was a member about 5 years ago (a VIP when they first started it). I quit after a while since I'd filled my membership and the VIP didn't mean that much to me. When I was in it before you were limited to buying 2 of any title. Does that rule still apply? Like if you bought 2 copies of Ducktales the Movie they wouldn't allow you to purchase more. Just a question I was thinking about.
For a while the limit was 5 per membership (3 for treasures), but a few months ago they droped the limit down to 3 per membership.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

jrboy wrote:
buffalobill wrote:I was a member about 5 years ago (a VIP when they first started it). I quit after a while since I'd filled my membership and the VIP didn't mean that much to me. When I was in it before you were limited to buying 2 of any title. Does that rule still apply? Like if you bought 2 copies of Ducktales the Movie they wouldn't allow you to purchase more. Just a question I was thinking about.
For a while the limit was 5 per membership (3 for treasures), but a few months ago they droped the limit down to 3 per membership.
Thanks for the quick reply. :)
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
blackcauldron85

You know how they have changed the layout of the DMC website? There's a section where you can choose from a few different offers (like buy 2, get 30% off, or buy 1, get 40% off), and I can't figure out how to select another offer. I clicked on the other offer, but nothing is happening. Do you know how to select a different offer?
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

blackcauldron85 wrote:You know how they have changed the layout of the DMC website? There's a section where you can choose from a few different offers (like buy 2, get 30% off, or buy 1, get 40% off), and I can't figure out how to select another offer. I clicked on the other offer, but nothing is happening. Do you know how to select a different offer?
If you keep clicking on the offer you want, eventually, it will load up. I think I clicked on the 40% offer about 20 times before it changed over.
blackcauldron85

Thanks, CJ! That's crazy...obviously Disney wants people to give up on the better offers and just use the lesser offer they have. :roll:
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

What kind of shape do the WDT tins usually come in from DMC? I've never ordered tins from them before and I was wondering if they are usually in good shape.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

buffalobill wrote:What kind of shape do the WDT tins usually come in from DMC? I've never ordered tins from them before and I was wondering if they are usually in good shape.
Davy Crockett x3 - 1 perfect, 2 very dented
Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic x2 - both very bad shape
Disneyland USA x3 - 1 small ding, 2 perfect
Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh x3 - ON ORDER
Mickey Mouse in Black and White x2 - 1 perfect, 1 small dent
Mickey Mouse in Living Color x2 - 1 perfect, 1 few dents
Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Volume 2 x1 - small dent
Silly Symphonies x1 - small ding
The Adventures of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit x1 - perfect
The Adventures of Spin & Marty x1 - perfect
The Chronological Donald, Volume 1 x1 - very bad shape
The Chronological Donald, Volume 2 x1 - perfect
The Chronological Donald, Volume 4 x2 - ON ORDER
The Complete Goofy x2 - 1 perfect, 1 few small dings
The Complete Pluto, Volume 1 x1 - perfect
Tomorrowland x1 - perfect
Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio x1 - very bad shape
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Thanks, sounds like a crapshoot. Could be anything from badly dented to perfect.