Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

A Chip 'n' Dale Treasure would be a great idea, however it would already be double-dipping into Mickey In Living Color Volume 2, Complete Pluto Volumes 1 and 2, and Chronological Donald Volumes 3 and 4. And all just for the benefit and ease of having Chip 'n' Dale shorts together, along with the 3 on-their-own shorts ("Chicken in the Rough", "Two Chips and a Miss", "The Lone Chipmunks"). It'd be a waste of a slot in the next wave, and people who bought the other 5 sets will be annoyed that they have to rebuy the cartoons all over again simply to get the other 3 shorts (if they don't already have Davy Crockett: Two Movie Set or Classic Cartoon Favorites Volume 4).

If they were to go forth with a Walt Disney Treasures: Classic Chip 'n' Dale, I wouldn't mind seeing the following...

-All 23 of their shorts, including the 3-D version of "Working for Peanuts" (with a couple pairs of 3-D glasses included)

-The Maltin/Beck audio commentary for "Working for Peanuts" (on CDV4), as well as new Maltin/Beck audio commentaries for "Chip an' Dale", "Chicken in the Rough", Two Chips and a Miss", and "Dragon Around"

-"The Adventures of Chip 'n' Dale", a 1959 "Disneyland" episode hosted by the pair. It features the following: "Two Chips and a Miss", "Chicken In The Rough", "Donald Applecore", "Chips Ahoy", "Up A Tree", and "The Lone Chipmunks", and portions of "Farmyard Symphony" and "Old Sequoia." However, if the cartoons seem repetitive to include, they can always just have the Chip 'n' Dale intros (such as that adorable song-and-dance they do in Walt's office).

-A 20-minute featurette about the history of Chip 'n' Dale, such as who did their voices, focus on notable shorts, etc.

-A 20-featurette about Jack Hannah, who directed a majority of their shorts, as well as many Donald, Pluto, and Humphrey shorts.

-A 20-minute featurette about "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers", discussing why it was made, some memorable stories/characters, and the voice actors. Of course, it'd be better if something like this were on the final volume of Rescue Rangers on DVD, but since Disney obviously doesn't feel like releasing it (or the remaining episodes), a little featurette here would be good.

-The three Chip 'n' Dale shorts from "Mickey Mouse Works": "Donald and the Big Nut", "Mickey's Mixed Nuts", and "Golf Nut Donald". Included because there's just as awesome as the classic shorts, and because "Mickey Mouse Works" or "House of Mouse" DVDs seem less likely.

-Storyboard, Art, Publicity, and Merchandise Galleries

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I wouldn't mind "The Further Adventures of Spin & Marty" and "The New Adventures of Spin & Marty" either, as these both feature Annette, Darlene and Moochie - - but not before Ludwig and the others.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I just found this interesting blog with some interesting selections for proposed Treasures sets:
http://www.2719hyperion.com/2008/08/if- ... sures.html

Check out the proposed WDT covers, especially this one:
I really like the concept of the Music and Melody one, but I can't see it being just limited to Make Mine Music and Melody Time. Not only that, I think they should keep the feature length animated classics out of the treasures line.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Awesome Ludwig cover!!! (though of course it should read "WALT Disney's Wonderful World of Color").

Cool!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

merlinjones wrote:Awesome Ludwig cover!!! (though of course it should read "WALT Disney's Wonderful World of Color").

Cool!
I didn't make it. Credit goes to the guy that is doing that blog I posted the link for. It is worth a read and he is proposing a number of Treasures sets I would like to see.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Barbossa wrote:I just found this interesting blog with some interesting selections for proposed Treasures sets:
http://www.2719hyperion.com/2008/08/if- ... sures.html

Check out the proposed WDT covers, especially this one:
I really like the concept of the Music and Melody one, but I can't see it being just limited to Make Mine Music and Melody Time. Not only that, I think they should keep the feature length animated classics out of the treasures line.
^I agree with that statement completely. I would be disappointed if they started doing that. Out of all the bloggers suggestions tho the only thing I saw that appealed to me was the Wonderful World of Color Collection with Von Drake. Epcot Center (in FL) is too recent and any walt related Epcot material was showcased in the Tomorrowland volume. I think its very very important to keep the Treasures a product of Walt Disneys works and not necessarily that of the Walt Disney Company.
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Daisy Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Daisy Duck »

Escapay wrote:A Chip 'n' Dale Treasure would be a great idea, however it would already be double-dipping into Mickey In Living Color Volume 2, Complete Pluto Volumes 1 and 2, and Chronological Donald Volumes 3 and 4. And all just for the benefit and ease of having Chip 'n' Dale shorts together, along with the 3 on-their-own shorts ("Chicken in the Rough", "Two Chips and a Miss", "The Lone Chipmunks"). It'd be a waste of a slot in the next wave, and people who bought the other 5 sets will be annoyed that they have to rebuy the cartoons all over again simply to get the other 3 shorts (if they don't already have Davy Crockett: Two Movie Set or Classic Cartoon Favorites Volume 4).
Funny--out of all those volumes you named, I just have Complete Pluto Volume 1. So yeah, I can understand if people who have all those volumes wouldn't want to duplicate what they've already got. It would be nice for me, though. :)
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Daisy Duck wrote:
Escapay wrote:A Chip 'n' Dale Treasure would be a great idea, however it would already be double-dipping into Mickey In Living Color Volume 2, Complete Pluto Volumes 1 and 2, and Chronological Donald Volumes 3 and 4. And all just for the benefit and ease of having Chip 'n' Dale shorts together, along with the 3 on-their-own shorts ("Chicken in the Rough", "Two Chips and a Miss", "The Lone Chipmunks"). It'd be a waste of a slot in the next wave, and people who bought the other 5 sets will be annoyed that they have to rebuy the cartoons all over again simply to get the other 3 shorts (if they don't already have Davy Crockett: Two Movie Set or Classic Cartoon Favorites Volume 4).
Funny--out of all those volumes you named, I just have Complete Pluto Volume 1. So yeah, I can understand if people who have all those volumes wouldn't want to duplicate what they've already got. It would be nice for me, though. :)
:lol:

Yeah, I don't have MMILCV2 or CDV3 (yet). Still, I'm sure even if I did have all 5 sets, I'd buy a Chip'n'Dale Treasure anyway.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

A von Drake Treasure would be quite nice actually...
Escapay wrote:-The three Chip 'n' Dale shorts from "Mickey Mouse Works": "Donald and the Big Nut", "Mickey's Mixed Nuts", and "Golf Nut Donald". Included because there's just as awesome as the classic shorts, and because "Mickey Mouse Works" or "House of Mouse" DVDs seem less likely.
I concur... with this especially. I've seen the shorts once and I'd love to be able to see them again! No surprise given how much of a fan I am (I've had this avatar ever since I joined this place!)...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
jebsdad
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jebsdad »

I'm pessimistic about any future Waves of the Treasures, based on the print run falling drastically the last few years. Also the scarcity of extras on these Wave 8 sets.

HOWEVER, if there is a WAVE 9, I would love an educational / commerical / public service / training / miscellaneous shorts set.

I would love a variety of Wonderful World Of Disney shows on one set.

I would welcome any of the more well-known serials from Mickey Mouse Club.

I will just wait and see about any future release annoucements. In the meantime, I'm thrilled with the 28 sets that have been released.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

I really hope, along with several other posters, that the rumored Zorro Treasures set comes to fruition, especially if it contains the 4 hour-long episodes that comprise "season #3". That way, Zorro fans would have access to seasons 1 and 2 via the DMC and season 3 via Treasures (as you can see I am a completist at heart!).

I would also like to see the Swamp Fox and Elfego Baca completed. Even though I am fan of both shows, I didn't buy the Legendary Heroes Treasure set because of how it was comprised of selected episodes from each series. I know some people may argue that having some episodes is better than having known at all, but I figured buying such a set rewards the releasing studio for making such a poor judgment. Of course, if they do release the rest of the episodes from both shows in Wave IX, then I would purchase the Legendary Heroes Treasure.

There are many other Disneyland series that warrant a Treasures release such as Texas John Slaughter, the Saga of Andy Burnett, Daniel Boone, etc. but I am doubtful that the studio will release them via the Treasures line.

Also I can think of several older live-action film titles that would be great for the Treasures line, such as the 3-part series version and theatrical cut of The Prince and the Pauper, but I think that title and others such as The Sword and the Rose, Tonka, and The Light in the Forest would probably wind up as DMC Exclusives (if they were ever released at all) given Disney's current mindset.

Darby
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

How about an entire set on Ludwig Von Drake, with a few selected shows featured (including "An Adventure In Color and Mathmagicland")?
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Ludwig Von Drake episodes of "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" (made between 1961-67), with original titles (not in order):

An Adventure in Color
The Hunting Instinct
Inside Donald Duck
Kids is Kids
Man is His Own Worst Enemy
The Truth About Mother Goose
In Shape with Von Drake
Music for Everybody
A Symposium on Popular Songs
Carnival Time
Spy in the Sky
Von Drake in Spain
Three Tall Tales
Inside Outer Space
A Square Peg in a Round Hole
Fly With Von Drake
Holiday for Henpecked Husbands
A Salute to Alaska
Mediterranean Cruise
A Rag a Bone a Box of Junk

Ranger Woodlore "Wonderful World of Color" episodes:

A Ranger's Guide to Nature
Ranger of Brownstone
Nature's Better Built Homes
Nature's Charter Tours
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Some one realy need to go over the Disney anthology and determiner what is animated.

However Im strongly against doble dipping so if they are going to relese materlas that are doble dipping then they must be cerfull there to many shorts that have be doubled.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Heil Donald Duck wrote:Some one realy need to go over the Disney anthology and determiner what is animated.

However Im strongly against doble dipping so if they are going to relese materlas that are doble dipping then they must be cerfull there to many shorts that have be doubled.
English. bad. need. help. But to respond to what I think your saying:

Certain animated shorts and specials were expanded upon for the anthology show with new sequences and introductions. It wouldn't be entirely double dipping if there were released.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

merlinjones wrote:A Symposium on Popular Songs
Except "A Symposium On Popular Songs" was released on the Rarities DVD.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

merlinjones wrote:Ludwig Von Drake episodes of "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" (made between 1961-67), with original titles (not in order):

An Adventure in Color
The Hunting Instinct
Inside Donald Duck
Kids is Kids
Man is His Own Worst Enemy
The Truth About Mother Goose
In Shape with Von Drake
Music for Everybody
A Symposium on Popular Songs
Carnival Time
Spy in the Sky
Von Drake in Spain
Three Tall Tales
Inside Outer Space
A Square Peg in a Round Hole
Fly With Von Drake
Holiday for Henpecked Husbands
A Salute to Alaska
Mediterranean Cruise
A Rag a Bone a Box of Junk
Thank you!!!! I'd be happy to own these! FINGERS CROSSED WE GET THESE NEXT WAVE!!! :D
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

[quote="Heil Donald Duck"]Some one realy need to go over the Disney anthology and determiner what is animated.

However Im strongly against doble dipping so if they are going to relese materlas that are doble dipping then they must be cerfull there to many shorts that have be doubled.[/quot

I think your faux English is kinda cute! :)
Where are you from?
Juan
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

carolinakid wrote:
Heil Donald Duck wrote:Some one realy need to go over the Disney anthology and determiner what is animated.

I think your faux English is kinda cute! :)
Where are you from?
Juan
Iceland, should write first in word before posting to fix grammar and spelling.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Heil Donald Duck wrote:
carolinakid wrote: I think your faux English is kinda cute! :)
Where are you from?
Juan
Iceland, should write first in word before posting to fix grammar and spelling.
I think we all understand you just fine! Just appreciate you contributing to the thread....so no worries. :)