I LOVE DISNEYLAND RECORDS!!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

I LOVE DISNEYLAND RECORDS!!!!

Post by skippy »

Sorry, y'all, but I'm that happy and I just had to share it.

For the last 10 years or so, I've been picking up Disneyland records or Disney records, whenever or wherever I bumped into them. Thrift stores, swap meets, yard sales, etc. I didn't have a very good record player, so I never really got to listen to them. I must have picked up between 125-200 of them.

Well, I recently hooked up with a old friend who I hadn't seen in a few years who now has set up a recording studio in his house. When he saw my Disney records collection, he offered to begin transferring them to CD so that they could be more easily listened to, and I could get rid of some of the records, as they were beginning to take up alot of room.

Well, today he brought over a binder of CD's with about 30 of the records transferred into CD format.

So, I've been listening to Annette narrate the story of Snow White, Darlene Gillespie sing the songs from Alice in Wonderland, The Firehouse Five and some of the other stuff that he transferred.

He said he's gonna take a break from doing it for about a month, and then he will do another 30 or so, until it burns him out again. Of course, the project is massive and the last thing I want is for him to poop out before he finishes, but even if he did he's already done something super cool for me!

I just had to share, and I didn't want to get the blank stares that the general population and co-workers will give me in exchange for my excitement.

I know Musicradio77 loves this stuff from reading his posts...anyone else?
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Fflewduur
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fflewduur »

I had loads of Disneyland Records when I was a kid...when I was a kid, vinyl was still king.

The little long playing records with the storybooks were played on a daily basis for years. My favorite full-size LP was the Sterling Holloway-narrated "Just So Stories" featuring "The Elephant's Child and "The Cat Who Walked By Himself." One year as a gift I received a box set of Disney 45s full of great tunes...my favorites were the songs I didn't know and had never heard before, like the theme to "Swamp Fox."

Unfortunately, practically every material item relating to my childhood has been lost...
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Anybody remember the old DL storyteller albums with the "Magic Mirror" covers. I thought the most beautiful were Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Alice in Wonderland. Snow White & Alice looked so gorgeous...whoever drew them was a genius. The others I had (Pinocchio, Bambi, Cinderella, Peter Pan & Lady and the Tramp) were good but not as stunning as the Snow White & Alice covers, imo.

jon
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

The "magic mirror" cover design is very neat.

I'm about 3/4 through reading "MouseTracks", and it's really amazing to me how many different versions of a story were released.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I have lot of Disneyland LP's in my closet. I shared my niece my LP 's like "Cinderella", "Snow White" and "Sleeping Beauty" which is the one that I looked at and it was good. My niece is 5 years old and she had never heard of theses albums before since I have my turntable. And the one thing is, my niece is still into Disney Princess, and so does one of my two nieces who hasn't heard of these albums before.

I first listened to these Disney LP's since I was a kid and it brought back some good memories. I still have the 1960 die-cut "Magic Mirror" LP's all in gatefold cover. When I was a kid, I had some 1969 reissues from the "Magic Mirror" albums like "Snow White" and "Cinderella". Now I have about 200 Disney albums in my collection.

I did put all of these vids up on YouTube under "BrooklynMouse" and it was good, I just did a video of a Disney LP playing on my Gemsound BJL-1150 turntable with a AudioTechna cartridge. This turntable can also be used for dance music like 70's disco or for scratching done in rap music. I don't do scratching either, but I enjoyed doing my vids of my Disneyland LP's played on my turntable. I have my own channel dedicated to Disney music on vinyl and on tape as well.

http://www.youtube.com/BrooklynMouse

There are also other blogs dedicated to kids music and stories that Dave did a great job on his own blog entitled "Children's Records & More". He post a bunch of Disneyland LP's that I don't have in my collection. Why not check it out.

http://childrensrecordsandmore.blogspot.com

Terrance is a big fan of Disneyland albums, he had his own YouTube channel for his Disneyland LP's. Why not check this one.

http://www.youtube.com/VinylRecordsForever

Just to get back on track, I also have my Webcor Maestro record player which was made back in the late 50's and the turntable does works except it needs a speaker to put this one inside of the player. This reocrd player was retro, it has a record changer and a tone arm and it does have the original needle intact and it does play records in various speeds like 16, 33, 45 and 78. It has the reject switch where the record drops and the tone arm goes into the starting position. After the record ends, the tone arm goes back to the resting post where it automatically shuts off. It is still a classic record player and it's in monaural, if you look at the top, it has a Webcor logo in the center where it say "High Fidelity" in-between.

I would look forward to hear some Disney music from my vinyl collection on my Webcor, I will go to the repair shop next time to get the speaker install to get this speaker working. After that, I will play my Disney LP's on my late 50's Webcor.