Treasure of Matecumbe and Shipwrecked DVDs coming to stores

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

TREASURE OF MATECUMBE 9-26-08 STORES!!!

Post by msh1975 »

HI GUYS TREASURE OF MATECUMBE IS GETTING RELEASED TO STORES ON 8-26-08 AS WELL AS SHIPWRECKED!!!!! SUNCOAST MOTION PICTURE COMPANY IS ALREADY HAVEING PRE-ORDERES AND CHECK IT OUT ON DISNEYDVD.COM
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

OOPPSS TYPO.....8-26-08

Post by msh1975 »

TREASURE OF MATECUMBE GETS RELEASED ON AUGUST 26, 2008 TO STORES.....SORRY GUYS MY MISTAKEN TYPO :cry:
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

SHIPWRECKED 8-26-08 STORES!!

Post by msh1975 »

HI GUYS DISNEY IS RELEASEING SHIPWRECKED TO STORES ON AUGUST 26, 2008 AS WELL AS TREASURE OF MATECUMBE!!! GUESS THEY ARE NO LONGER DMC EXCLUSIVES. SOME RETAILERS ARE TAKEING RESERVATIONS FOR THEM NOW LIKE SUNCOAST.COM
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

DISNEY, putting out older live action titles in STORES? There is a disturbance in the universe.....
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:DISNEY, putting out older live action titles in STORES? There is a disturbance in the universe.....
For real. If they're in widescreen and with bonus features, then something really is askew at BVHE.
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Luke posted? Holy Toledo! This IS big!!!!

:wink:
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

This is GREAT news! A step in the right direction, after all ;)

I hope they lead to more classic live-action releases in the future, both mainstream releases of the DMC exclusives (like So Dear to My Heart and Monkey's Uncle) as well as OOP Anchor Bay titles (like Big Red), and titles yet to see the light of day on DVD.

I'm surprised So Dear To My Heart is scheduled for "DMC Exclusive" and not a mainstream release considering it features animation. Hopefully this will just be a brief window of exclusivity with a mainstream release forthcoming.
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I'm telling you, these exclusive DMC-dvds are the testing ground to see if there is enough interest for a retail release. Ducktales the Movie will be coming out soon, I guarantee it.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I disagree. "Matecumbe" and "Shipwrecked" have been some of the poorer sellers of the club. When "Rocketman" was commercially released, it was also because the club was not moving the stock very well.

That doesn't mean that "Ducktales" isn't coming soon.....but it has been a popular title in the club. I would think that they would turn people away from joinging the club if everyone knew that they would simply be released commercially anyway. The whole point of releasing the exclusive titles is to drive up membership (which I think is genius by the way....it's what sets the DMC apart from things like Columbia House, etc.).
- Walt Disney

merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Pirate titles, that's why, I'll bet.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

That's what I was thinking too. If that's the case then where is Kidnapped? If that and the Fighting Prince of Donegal are released to stores too, I'll be a very happy person.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I wonder if stores will stock Swiss Family if they are putting out pirate titles. I'm still hoping for Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I still want to see more Captain Jack. Maybe this time he seeks protection from the wrath of Barbossa by climbing into a lead-lined fridge... :lol:
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Tall Tale: The Unbelieveable Adventure - August 26, 2008

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

It listed as widescreen, so fingers crossed
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Is Treasure of Matecumbe open matte or pan and scan? I'll still probably buy it even if it were the later but is it the first?
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I think Shipwrecked and Tall Tale got released to the general public today. According to amazon.com, both will be released in widescreen (as opposed to the DMC fullscreen versions). Does anyone know what aspect ratio these are in and if there are any bonus features?
- Walt Disney

Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Shipwrecked is 2.35:1 I think

Where is Matecumbe? I can't find any store that will carry it.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Amazon.com has it - the cover art is kinda cool, too.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

I have added all of these to my immediate DVD wish list.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Both Shipwrecked and Tall Tale were 1.33:1 as DMC exclusives. However, both of those titles were 2.35:1 on PAL DVD release. I wasn't sure which transfer they were releasing to the public.

I assume that they are releasing the fullscreen transfers (much like they did when Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, Rocketman, Benji the Hunted, and My Dog the Thief were all released. I'm still holding hope for a widescreen release, though, until I see otherwise. If anyone sees these at the stores (I can't find any yet), please post the specs :)
- Walt Disney

Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

disneyfella wrote:Both Shipwrecked and Tall Tale were 1.33:1 as DMC exclusives. However, both of those titles were 2.35:1 on PAL DVD release. I wasn't sure which transfer they were releasing to the public.

I assume that they are releasing the fullscreen transfers (much like they did when Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, Rocketman, Benji the Hunted, and My Dog the Thief were all released. I'm still holding hope for a widescreen release, though, until I see otherwise. If anyone sees these at the stores (I can't find any yet), please post the specs :)
I bought Shipwrecked today at Walmart and it is full screen. It was an ok price at $9.99.

I wonder why they aren't releasing it in widescreen?
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I went to Wal Mart today and saw that "Tall Tale" was there. It is listed as 1.33:1 fullscreen and 5.1 surround sound.

So at least both Shipwrecked and Tall Tale are improperly framed in their DVD release....I'm assuming that Treasure of Matecumbe is also in the misframed fullscreen.

That's pretty unfortunate. Now, I guess, I'm just going to have to purchase the PAL versions and get them transferred too...... Thanks Disney 0_o
- Walt Disney