New Exclusives: So Dear to My Heart, Monkey's Uncle, Moon

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

New Exclusives: So Dear to My Heart, Monkey's Uncle, Moon

Post by msh1975 »

HI GUYS DISNEY JUST RELEASES SO DEAR TO MY HEART AS A DISNEY EXCLUSIVE ON 7-1-08. GO TO DISNEYDVD.COM AND GO THE THE A-Z LIST AND CLICK ON " S " AND SCROLL DOWN AND THERE YOU GO!!! IM TOTALLY SHOCKED, I JUST OREDERED IT TO AND ITS BEING SHIPPED OUT ASAP!!!! THANK GOD

http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1190473-10512315
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

THE MONKEYS UNCLE DMC EXCLUSIVE 7-1-08

Post by msh1975 »

HI GUYS, DISNEY MOVIE CLUB JUST RELEASED THE MONKEYS UNCLE AS AN EXCLUSIVE!!!! I JUST ORDERED IT!!!!
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

MOON PILOT DMC EXCLUSIVE!!!!!

Post by msh1975 »

HI GUYS DISNEY MOVIE CLUB JUST RELEASED THE MOON PILOT TO THE MOVIE CLUB EXCLUSIVES LINE!!!!! I JUST ORDERED IT!!!!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

OMG...will it include the special features that were already created (and on the R2/R4 DVDs)???

If so, I'm definitely joining DMC for that title alone!

Also, all three of the threads (So Dear, Monkey's Uncle, and Moon Pilot) probably could have been merged together as something like "New DMC Exclusives!"

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Nothing like birthday exclusives, can't wait to get So Dear to My Heart

Image Image Image
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

here is the link....

http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/movie ... 73200.html

and here is what it says under Bonus Features:
Bonus material not rated.

So maybe there's hopefully besides a game like Find Scrooge Mcduck's Money game or something along that line.....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

YAYYAYYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm so happy!!! About all 3 titles!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Thanks sooo much for posting this news! I need to save my money!!!!
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

The "Ducktales the Movie Treasure of the Lost Lamp" DMC exclusive was a complete port of the R2 DVD (bonus features, widescreen, and all). Here's hoping that "So Dear to My Heart" is the same thing. I'll definitely be buying all of these as well.........

p.s. I wonder where merlinjones is. He's been waiting for Monkey's Uncle for centuries! I know he doesn't like the DMC exclusives, but I'm sure he can't be too mad.

p.p.s. I just watched "Boy Who Flew With Condors" today and was pretty impressed by it. It only lasts for 45 minutes or so, but for anyone who's newly joining the club I'd recommend it for a posthumous Walt introduction, stellar cinematography, and awkward teenage acting.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

So Dear to My Heart, Moon Pilot, Monkey's Uncle

Post by Mouseketodd »

I plugged in a promotion code on the DMC page so I could see titles available.

I couldn't find any of these three movies to select. Could this be due to the site needing to be updated with new products, or are these titles only available to current DMC members?

Since MSH1975 has ordered one or all of these movies, I suspect my answer is the latter reason.

This is encouraging news, Disney. Thank you! Still, I wish these movie titles would be released to the general public.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I think this stinks because I only want these three movies and nothing else! Can I just order it like that and cancel the membership? Or do I have to get other movies? Why would Disney do such a stupid move! :(
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Matt wrote:I think this stinks because I only want these three movies and nothing else! Can I just order it like that and cancel the membership? Or do I have to get other movies? Why would Disney do such a stupid move! :(
You'd have to fulfill the membership fulfillments, so you'd have to buy other movies. I mean, you could cancel, but they'd probably bill you for the movies that you didn't buy.

You could ask a DMC member to buy them for you, or Secret Santa is right around the corner...
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I only hope the quality is better than three-fourths of the other Disney Movie Club exclusives. They all mostly look like VHS to DVD transfer with no help in the transfer. Look at "The Story of Robin Hood"........my DVD-R looks ten times better than that version. It is nice that they are coming with this now, but where the heck is "Song of the South"? Show us some love DMC, and give us SotS NOW!!!!!

:D
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

dvdjunkie wrote:but where the heck is "Song of the South"? Show us some love DMC, and give us SotS NOW!!!!
If they EVER release 'Song of the South' on DVD/Bul-ray it sure as hell won't be a DMC Exclusives. I'm still holding out for a WDT of it someday...
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>p.s. I wonder where merlinjones is. He's been waiting for Monkey's Uncle for centuries! I know he doesn't like the DMC exclusives, but I'm sure he can't be too mad.<<

Yay! I'm happy it will be available in some way. I do hope it's remastered properly, though, and it would be nice to have a trailer or textless title sequence as extras (not that I'm expecting anything).

But it's sad they won't have these at a store where I can just go buy it. I really hate clubs.

Maybe some club members will resell these titles at the NFFC show or on ebay or Amazon...

- - or, should they have a table at NFFC again, maybe the DMC will wisely sell single DVDs to gain goodwill with collectors (I'm sure they would move a lot of Zorros, Monkey Uncles, Moon Pilots and So Dear to My Hearts at the show if they did).

I hope everyone who is a club member buys Monkey's Uncle, so they put out Escapade in Florence and Horsemasters and other Annettes as well.

Maybe some animated WWoC Ludwig hours will come soon?
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I guess I will wait until someone has it and can post screencaps to see if all three movies are worth it. That would be the only reason why I would join is to get those movies. So I will just wait. :)
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

Well i've been waiting for the release of the Monkey's Uncle as well, and once I saw these releases this morning I purchased it. I will let you know how it looks as soon as it gets here.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

chadhobbick wrote:Well i've been waiting for the release of the Monkey's Uncle as well, and once I saw these releases this morning I purchased it. I will let you know how it looks as soon as it gets here.
You got all three or just monkey's uncle? Id love to see screencaps to all. :)
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

These titles now show on the introductory offer page:

http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1190473-10512315
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I only purchased the Monkey's Uncle. I've never seen the other two they are offering, and honestly not interested in those.

I've never done screen caps before, but I can always give it a shot.

I thought the same thing as well regarding SotS, they could offer it through the site for a year, that would get tons of people to join the club and possibly get hooked. Of course i'm still waiting for a SotS WDT set as well.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Having previously cancelled my membership, I signed up again to get these and other recent exclusive dvd's. I discovered that Moon Pilot, So Dear to My Heart, and The Monkey's Uncle are indeed available, but with the particular offer code I wanted to use they didn't show up when I typed the titles in the search bar. They only showed up under the "exclusives" button. This information might help other new members trying to sign up with these titles.