ENCHANTED compared to animated Disney classics (images)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Enchanted Comparisons

Post by Vermin Friends »

Disney Duster wrote:OMG! Never thought Alice was in it at all...brilliant Vermin Friends! Those are so much like each other, it's so obvious. Can I use them in another forum I go to?
Of course you may! Thanks for asking permission, and I'm so glad you liked them.
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Re: Enchanted Comparisons

Post by Ariel'sprince »

More:
Aladdin:
The Little Mermaid:
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Cinderella and Hercules, as promised. :)

(both zoom in towards the scene, it was in one of the videos on the DVD site)

(... lol I had to rotate her a full 180. I'm pretty sure this isn't a reference, just a strange, and kinda funny coincidence)

I have one or two more for Hercules, which I'll get to work on soon. Next up is TLM, which I have quite a few from. :D
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Hmm... I gave up on the Hercules references. ;) Here's my four from TLM! :D

(not really...)

this last one actually goes by in a split second in both films, which really makes me think it was done on purpose. In Enchanted, this shot comes on right after the troll sings "True Love's Kiss" while Nathaniel talks to himself. The fish are swimming around, and just before Edward's horse, Destiny splashes into the water, they glow and dash out of the way. In The Little Mermaid, there's only about three or four of them, and they dash away while Ariel sinks down to "spend a day warm on the sand".

I have a LOT of Snow White references. :D
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

That's so cool that Alice was referenced in Enchanted! I thought she was forgotten. :P
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

Vermin Friends wrote: (... lol I had to rotate her a full 180. I'm pretty sure this isn't a reference, just a strange, and kinda funny coincidence)

This reminded me more of Ariel play-flirting with Eric's statue.
That's hot.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I thought that, too, Prudence. Like the way he is positioned. (the statue)
Drawken

Post by Drawken »

I know that on the DVD they have a preview of the Blu-ray version which has comparison shots from other Disney films.
Most of the pics posted here are great, but which ones were REALLY used as inspiration for scenes? Which ones do they compare on the Blu-ray disc?
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

Great references Vermin!!!!
Can you post in a bigger resolution the screencaps in which Giselle is looking through the manhole? Thanks!
Things are working out according to my ultimate design.....
Soon I'll have the Little Mermaid and the ocean will be mine!!!!!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Enchanted Comparisons

Post by Disney Duster »

Drawken wrote:I know that on the DVD they have a preview of the Blu-ray version which has comparison shots from other Disney films.
Most of the pics posted here are great, but which ones were REALLY used as inspiration for scenes? Which ones do they compare on the Blu-ray disc?
The ones in the very first post, from Snow White, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Mermaid. However, there's many more on the Blu-ray DVD, and to find those, well, someone who has the Blu-ray would have to come in here and list them all, and that would be a lot!
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Bewitched wrote:Great references Vermin!!!!
Can you post in a bigger resolution the screencaps in which Giselle is looking through the manhole? Thanks!
Here's the original caps I used to make them, although they're not brightened, or sharpened, and the second one isn't rotated as much.

Image Image

And two from Snow White, don't worry, there's still a few more that I have up my sleeve. :)

Image Image

Hope you guys like them! I'll be back later on to make & upload some more. ;)
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Three more from Snow White, but now I have a LOT from Pocahontas, as well as one or two more from Aladdin, Cinderella and Lion King. ;)

Image Image Image
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I wanna see the ones from Pocahontas and TLK!
Jim's Jewel
Limited Issue

Post by Jim's Jewel »

I'm loving all these references! I've been trying to come up with some since a day or two ago, but this one just hit me a few minutes ago!

Sleeping Beauty:

I have a few others that I'll try to get up soon, but I wanted to share this one right now!
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Jim's Jewel wrote:Image
I've been trying to get that one forever! lol I don't have Sleeping Beauty on DVD. :( lol

I'll start working on the Pocahontas ones, I think some of them are pretty good. :D
L&E

Post by L&E »

I noticed the Snow White reference when I saw it for the first time! LOL. Those are really good, and I never thought Alice could be any inspiration for Enchanted. :lol:
The Art of Sleeping Beauty is a blog dedicated to one of the most enchanting Disney Classics.
http://theartofsleepingbeauty.blogspot.com/
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Here's two from Lion King (sorta) and two from Pocahontas (sorta). lol They might not be shot for shot like on the first page, but I think at LEAST the middle one is official.

Image Image Image

I'm running out of them, but this is all I have left:

2 Aladdin
4 Beauty and the Beast (all obvious)
3 Cinderella (maybe one more)
1 Hercules
2 Hunchback of Notre Dame
2 Little Mermaid
3 Snow White
Jim's Jewel
Limited Issue

Post by Jim's Jewel »

Here's another one I found yesterday while watching my new DVD.

Mulan:

I also found one from Snow White, but I'm having trouble finding screencaps from that movie.

And I have no idea where to put this, but did anyone realize that the reporter's (during the scene with the 'magic mirror' where Edward is watching the news) name is Mary Ilene Caselotti?!

Mary=Costa (The voice of Aroura)
Ilene=Woods (The voice of Cinderella)
Caselotti=Adirana (The voice of Snow White)

Just figured I'd mention that. :D
Warheart11188

A few more references

Post by Warheart11188 »

Some other classic Disney references include the "Bella Notte"(lady and the tramp) restaurant where Robert and Giselle had their "date", the reporter on the tv was named Mary Ilene Caselotti, referring to Mary Costa who played the voice of Auroura, Ilene Woods who voiced Cinderella, and Adriana Caselotti who provided Snow White's voice, Jodi Benson who voiced Ariel(The Little Mermaid) played Robert's secretary, Paige O'Hara who voiced Belle(Beauty and the Beast) played the women on the soap opera that Nathanial was watching, right before Giselle breaks down from hearing that Robert's clients were divorcing, you can hear "Part of Your World"(The Little Mermaid) in the background. Also, in the beginning of the film when Edward dances with Nathanial after defeating the giant, that dance mimicks when Prince Philip dances with (insert name here-I dont remember!! But it's from Sleeping Beauty),the calling of the woodland animals is like Snow White and in some parts like Sleeping Beauty...and I can't remember anymore references right now, I'll have to watch it again!
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Jim's Jewel wrote:Image
Great job on that, I always thought that was similar, but I wasn't really sure. lol

Also, about the other references, those are all listed on Wikipedia. ;) The last three I have from Snow White:

Image Image Image

I'll post the last three from Pocahontas soon. :) edit: nevermind. lol

Image Image Image

Should I post the ones from Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella even if they're obvious?