Disney's Aladdin DVD Press Release (Real One)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
advance
Limited Issue

Post by advance »

I hope that the DEHTmix will be DTS in europe again just as with the lion king.
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

advance wrote:I hope that the DEHTmix will be DTS in europe again just as with the lion king.
I hope so, too, because then the Dolby track will be the original one... :) I can't say I liked Lion King's DEHT mix very much.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I gotta say, I don't mind the Circle of Stars video. People cover songs all the time, and it's an interesting take. I didn't love the Circle of Life one, but didn't hate it either. As long as it's just a special feature, I say no harm no foul.

I do have a question about this added song. The press release says that it was originally composed for the movie, but was archived in the vault. (1)Was it animated then too? Or will this be an old song with new animation? (2)Also, will this be put in the movie like Morning Report was in TLK? Or will it be just a special feature... or on the "Special Edition" of the movie only, and not the theatrical version?

-Aaron
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

According to other sources, "Proud of Your Boy" has some pencil tests done to it, and on the DVD Disney will complete the animation and include it as a supplement (all the sources group this song with the deleted scenes section). It's possible, though, that this could end up in the film and that Disney's grouping the song with the deleted scenes because the original unfinished version will be a supplement.
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Mermaid Kelly wrote:

On a side note, I'm also really happy to hear of the Princess Sing-along Songs dvd! (I posted it here cause I know more people will read this thread! :lol: ) I really like the cover art, but I don't know why it's in black and white :roll:
That "Princess Stories: A Gift from the Heart" or whatever seems like it will contain episodes of "Aladdin", "The Little Mermaid", and "Sing me a Story". Notice how the only Princesses on the cover are the ones with TV shows...
I highly doubt Disney has actually gone through with the whole "Princess Hour" which could unite all the Princesses in a single story.
Defy Gravity...
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Amazon.com has posted their list of the extras on the DVD. They make clear that "Proud of You Boy" is NOT integrated into the movie.

Code: Select all

Release Information:
Studio: Buena Vista Home Vid
DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004
Production Company: Walt Disney Home Video
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen anamorphic - 1.66:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French
Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French
THX Certified

Edition Details:
• Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
• Color
• "Proud Of Your Boy" – Never before heard song ([b]not integrated into movie[/b])
• Fun Facts Trivia Track mode
• Deleted Scenes
• "A Diamond In the Rough: The Making of Aladdin"
• Audio commentary
• Inside The Genie's Lamp – a 3D tour of the Genie's lamp with Robin Leach
• Genie's Magical Journey – join the Genie on a trip around the world based on the original animator's end credit concept
• Disney's Virtual DVD Ride: Aladdin’s Magic Carpet activity
• The Bizarre Bazaar Game
• All new music videos, sing along songs and more
• Widescreen anamorphic format
• ASIN: B0001I561E 
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Amazon.com has posted their list of the extras on the DVD. They make clear that "Proud of You Boy" is NOT integrated into the movie.
Release Information:
Studio: Buena Vista Home Vid
DVD Release Date: October 5, 2004
Production Company: Walt Disney Home Video
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen anamorphic - 1.66:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French
Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French
THX Certified

Edition Details:
• Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
• Color
• "Proud Of Your Boy" – Never before heard song (not integrated into movie)
• Fun Facts Trivia Track mode
• Deleted Scenes
• "A Diamond In the Rough: The Making of Aladdin"
• Audio commentary
• Inside The Genie's Lamp – a 3D tour of the Genie's lamp with Robin Leach
• Genie's Magical Journey – join the Genie on a trip around the world based on the original animator's end credit concept
• Disney's Virtual DVD Ride: Aladdin’s Magic Carpet activity
• The Bizarre Bazaar Game
• All new music videos, sing along songs and more
• Widescreen anamorphic format
• ASIN: B0001I561E
Son of the Morning
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Son of the Morning »

2099net wrote:However, as we all know, the Lion King is on the market for 2 years. The same will be true for Aladdin. (Which makes a mockery of the short availability of Sleeping Beauty really).
Or 'Beauty and the Beast,' for that matter... what was it, October 2002 - January 2003?
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Sorry for double posting... Don't know what happened! :oops:
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Wow! This is the best news I heard in awhile! Especially after the dissapointing cancellation of the Masterpiece Editions this year. I only have one Platinum, so I really can't compare quality, but this one looks likes a keeper! I will definately be getting the Collector's Box Set. I hope they go into great detail about all the deleted songs and the abandoned concept. How about offering the CD of unused songs with the preorder or the Box Set? - Just a thought - I can't wait for October! I think the cover art definately qualifies as "art," unlike the other Platinums. However, I was really taking a liking to the whole lead character in the forefront, and the supporting characters in the backdrop style. :lol: (I'm probably the only one that likes that "style.")

This is my favorite movie, or animated classic rather, and I'm sure the DVD won't dissapoint!
Tangela
In The Vaults

Post by Tangela »

Joe Carioca wrote:Sorry for double posting... Don't know what happened! :oops:
Since the two posts are different, I think that you clicked 'PostReply' instead of Edit or something. Don't worry about it, it happens all the time.
:wink:
Tell Chris Johnson that he's Walt Disney and he'll believe it...
-Tangela
I shall be happy if it kills me! Gee Maneese Ow!
-Disneyguru
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

no, your not the only one, I really like that style too, and they will probabaly change the current cover art
Image Image
Yuki
Gold Classic Collection

Aladdin Special Edition

Post by Yuki »

Hey, I read that the new song going to be put in is Proud of Your Boy...anyone know if that's true? I hope not, I don't really like the song that much! :roll:
Homer: Marge, I'm bored
Marge: Why don't you read something?
Homer: Because I'm trying to reduce my boredom

“Who cares about what's on the disc? I think Disney Guru's concern with the cover artwork is the most important thing.”
~Luke
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Aladdin Special Edition

Post by Loomis »

Yuki wrote:Hey, I read that the new song going to be put in is Proud of Your Boy...anyone know if that's true? I hope not, I don't really like the song that much! :roll:
Just have a look at Joe's TWO posts above you for that answer. :D

I wonder though - I had assumed that there would be 2 versions of the film on there. I guess there will only be the one, if the song is not reintegrated?

Thanks for the info, Joe!
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I'm *STILL* waiting for big cover art to be released...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disneykid wrote:I'm *STILL* waiting for big cover art to be released...
We all are, man.
Tangela
In The Vaults

Post by Tangela »

Disneykid wrote:I'm *STILL* waiting for big cover art to be released...
Are you "still" waiting for it, or are you waiting for it standing "still"?
:?
Tell Chris Johnson that he's Walt Disney and he'll believe it...
-Tangela
I shall be happy if it kills me! Gee Maneese Ow!
-Disneyguru
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

You be the judge. :p
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

I wonder when Disney Store will begin preorders for this. I'm holding out on preordering from an online store such as Amazon so I can get the lithos.

I also hope that they will allow you to preorder the gift set with lithos in store this time. With Lion King, the gift set was online only. I simply MUST have this the day it comes out so I don't want to take the chance that it won't arrive on October 5, which means I've gotta reserve it from the store, and dammit, this is my favorite movie of all time so I have to have the ultimate version, which right now is the gift set.

I'd guess the store will start taking preorders around June-ish, but especially with the really early advance notice I think it would be smart to start it on March 30th when Brother Bear hits so that when people go to buy it they can also preorder Aladdin. I'd also put a DVD preview in theaters in front of Home on the Range.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

What is it with you people? The set isn't out until October! Blimey! We have releases in the UK where the cover art isn't even available after the discs have been released into the shops! (Check out all the missing Disney covers on Amazon.co.uk for example - they're missing because Buena Vista didn't send out any pre-release publicity).

Don't kids today have any patience? The longer you wait, the more you will appreciate it! :P
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database