Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I like it! Though the title could mean a varied amount of things, it does seem to hint at a very interesting plot!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

and the alternate title is Indiana Jones takes a Trip to Tokyo DisneySea...
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Escapay wrote: But if it is true, now I'm trying to figure out what type of religion involves a Crystal Skull (raiders - ark of the covenant - judaism, temple of doom - sankara stones - fictional cult of hinduism, last crusade - holy grail - christianity).

Scaps
Well, what was that religion from the "Phantom" movie? ha. Anyways, I'm totally psyched for a new Indy, as long as it is awesome like the others!
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

That's a great title for the new Indiana Jones movie. I remember seeing that movie since I was a kid was "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". That brings back memories from my days when we were living in Puerto Rico.

Speaking of the new movie coming, Chris, the AVGN clone from the Irate Gamer has this review for this horrible game based on the second movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD6_qt8qQjg

You'll might see this in the middle of a video where he met the good Chris and bad Chris. That completely rips off a 1941 Disney cartoon "Lend a Paw" with Mickey and Pluto.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I wish it had been about the Lost City of Atlantis like this Indiana Jones game I have......

Am I the only one who thinks they should not be making a 4th film? It sort of ruins the "trilogy" feel. Quadrilogy doesn't sound right. Plus, without Salla.......there's no point. 'Marcus Brody' died, so he can't be in the movie.

Is Shia playing Indy's illegitimate son? I heard/read a rumor that he might be.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

A young padawan named Liz wrote:Am I the only one who thinks they should not be making a 4th film? It sort of ruins the "trilogy" feel. Quadrilogy doesn't sound right.
Maybe "quadrilogy" sounds wrong because the correct term is "tetralogy"? :P Fox only used "Quadrilogy" for their Alien movies because the "quad" prefix is better known than "tetra".

And there's also the argument that the 4th film completes the trilogy, replacing Temple of Doom. I don't subscribe to that belief because ToD is my favorite of the Indy films, but quite a few fans often write that one off and pretend it doesn't exist.

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Ooooh wow, I love the title. Sounds very interesting! I can't wait for this movie, I've been waiting forever.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thatartguy »

Well, the Indy "saga" is much more than four if you include Young Indiana Jones movies and specials.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Escapay wrote:
A young padawan named Liz wrote:Am I the only one who thinks they should not be making a 4th film? It sort of ruins the "trilogy" feel. Quadrilogy doesn't sound right.
Maybe "quadrilogy" sounds wrong because the correct term is "tetralogy"? :P Fox only used "Quadrilogy" for their Alien movies because the "quad" prefix is better known than "tetra".

And there's also the argument that the 4th film completes the trilogy, replacing Temple of Doom. I don't subscribe to that belief because ToD is my favorite of the Indy films, but quite a few fans often write that one off and pretend it doesn't exist.

Scaps
I also recall reading a rumor online that Harrison Ford signed a contract to do 2 more Indiana Jones movies (After this one) and that Shia LaBOOF! signed a contract to do 3 more Indiana Jones movies (after this one.)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Major Indy IV Spoiler Leak

Post by Barbossa »

This article appeared on MSN today regarding Indy IV.
**Warning** Major spoilers so don't read unless you want to keep the movie a secret until May. Here's the article:
Indiana Jones' Plot Leaked 8)
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Thanks for that, I'll make sure to avoid reading any spoilers.

Anyway, Ceej, there's some more merging fun to be had...

Threads about Indiana Jones 4:
Misleading Indy 4 imdb Article by Yours Truly (created November 9, 2006)
Indiana Jones Returns! by MadonnasManOne (created June 22, 2007)
Indiana Jones and the... by Timon/Pumbaa fan (created September 12, 2007)
Major Indy IV Spoiler Leak by Barbossa (created Today)

Threads about Young Indiana Jones on DVD:
Young Indiana Jones coming to DVD by Mr. Toad (created March 6, 2007)
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles coming to DVD OCTOBER 23 by disneyboy20022 (created July 10, 2007)

Threads about Indiana Jones on DVD:
Indy on DVD! by Jack (created May 6, 2003)
Indiana Jones OR Star Wars DVDs? by Alan (created June 14, 2005)

The One and Only, Genuine, Original Indiana Jones Discussion Thread:
The Indiana Jones Thread by Joe Carioca (created September 12, 2005)

Maybe we can combine them all (except Alan's "should I get Indy or Star Wars?" thread) call it "Indiana Jones and the Last Raiders of the Off-Topic Thread of Doom" ;)

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Thanks for that!!

the plot sounds good, but I never really liked Marion, I don't know why, maybe because Raiders isn't my favorite Indy and Shia LeBeouf istheir son???!!!! I can't believe that. Indy is someone who doesn't have kids. Seriously!! What were they thinking??

Oh well, but the movie still sounds good and the plot is interesting.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

The new one-sheet poster has been released! I LOVE IT!

From IGN.com:

Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Ahhhhh! I'm so excited - great poster!
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Great poster and really fits the style of the first three.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

That poster is freakin' awesome! I want one! Where is the trailer already!?!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Freaking awesome poster! I love Drew Struzan's work, and I'm glad Lucas and Spielberg let him continue to do posters for their film series (WB, I'm looking at you and Harry Potter and how you replaced Drew's work from film two onward with ho-hum photoshop posters). I like how Drew actually reflected Harrison and Indy's age in the face but still kept him in as tip top shape as ever. I want a flipping teaser trailer, already! The other big May titles (Iron Man, Speed Racer, and Narnia) have already gotten theirs. What's the hold up?
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Love the poster, but shamefully I feel like I wish they could give the actor a face lift so he can look like he used to in the last 3 films. :oops:
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

Disneykid wrote:Freaking awesome poster! I love Drew Struzan's work, and I'm glad Lucas and Spielberg let him continue to do posters for their film series (WB, I'm looking at you and Harry Potter and how you replaced Drew's work from film two onward with ho-hum photoshop posters). I like how Drew actually reflected Harrison and Indy's age in the face but still kept him in as tip top shape as ever. I want a flipping teaser trailer, already! The other big May titles (Iron Man, Speed Racer, and Narnia) have already gotten theirs. What's the hold up?
Well, I actually think the poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull makes Harrison Ford look 15-20 years younger than he actually is. You can kind of see where Struzan acknowledges Ford's age, but not to the extent as the stills would lead you to believe. As for the teaser trailer, I hear they're planning to release it in January (and not attach it to prints of National Treasure 2, which would've been the logical choice). Spielberg, like Christopher Nolan, likes to keep his current projects as secret as possible and I'm sure the teaser trailer will have a lot of footage but not reveal the story.

As for the posters, Struzan is the guy to go to for movie posters. He is the best one there is, but that doesn't mean there are other people who can't do good posters either (he didn't do any of the posters for Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, for instance). I think maybe Warner Brothers will call Struzan up to come with custom DVD artwork for all seven Harry Potter films once they're all finished and done with. I would definitely like to see his rejected artwork for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, though.