The Simpsons Movie

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Saw both of them at one of my theaters. Sadly the remote is already missing from Homer's hand.
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Loomis wrote:the massive city lobby
This piques my interest. What exactly is "the city lobby"?
Loomis wrote:or the one I went to on Saturday (at the former Fox Studios)
"Former"? If the theater you're referring to is the Hoyts Entertainment Quarter in Moore Park, you should know that the Fox Studios Australia complex didn't close, and it wasn't sold.
All have fallen short.
Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life, and let's start throwing medicines and food at those who need it the most.
- Bono
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I have only seen The Simpsons Movie display. I have not seen the other one.
Princess Stitch
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Princess Stitch »

They have the Simpsons display at one of our local theaters as well, and yes, Homer's arm with the remote is missing on ours too. Sounds like it's some sort of organized operation!

I'll be heading to the states to see the Simpsons movie though I think. All of the 7-eleven's are going to be turned into Quick-E-Marts for the opening weekend and that's something I just have to see!
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Haven't see those. But VERY cool.

I saw a neat movie display at Sea World for Surf's Up. Had a surfboard and one of the penguins. They allowed people to take pictures with it.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I did see The Simpsons display at the AMC theater in WDW. Very cool! I didn't see the Silver Surfer there, though that's not to say that it wasn't.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Our Warren Theaters here in Wichita have all three of the displays mentioned here and one more that it isn't.

We have "The Simpsons" display and it is intact and set up so you can take pictures of yourself sitting on the couch with the family.

We have the "Surf's Up" with the surf board and the Penguin on board and you can also take your picture with that one.

We also have the "Fantastic Four-Silver Surfer" display up and they have it displayed like it is coming out of the wall behind it, it really looks cool.

The newest one we have up is for "Live Free and Die Hard" or 'Die Hard 4.0' as it is sometimes referred to. This has a display with Bruce Willis reaching up for something as his car is exploding benieath him. It is really 3-dimensional and looks pretty cool!

Evidentally we have a different type of people who come to our theaters, as they aren't looking to steal or ravage large displays, because they are always putting big displays up. This week they are putting up the big display for "Ratatouille".

www.warrentheaters.com

Check out our very nice theaters and check out the food menus at the restaurants in the "Old Town Warren" where you can eat lunch or dinner while watching the movie - no one under the age of 17 after 7 pm, even if accompanied by a parent or guardian though, because they serve alcohol. The restaurant at the 13th Street Theater also serves the Balcony Theater where you can have lunch or dinner while watching your movie on a 4-story tall screen. All theaters in Warren complexes have THX Dolby Digital Sound, and are very plush inside and out with marble floors in the snack bar and lobby areas.

I feel very lucky to live in an area that has these very nice theaters and as you will see they are not very expensive, any time of the day.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Thanks for sharing that info about Warren Theaters, dvdjunkie - that looks like a company that knows how to present movies right! Very nice to see - I wish more theater chains and indie theater owners would emulate them.
All have fallen short.
Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life, and let's start throwing medicines and food at those who need it the most.
- Bono
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

PapiBear wrote:
Loomis wrote:the massive city lobby
This piques my interest. What exactly is "the city lobby"?

"Former"? If the theater you're referring to is the Hoyts Entertainment Quarter in Moore Park, you should know that the Fox Studios Australia complex didn't close, and it wasn't sold.
It is the lobby areas of the cinema complex in George Street in the city centre/CBD.

As for the EQ at Moore park, I use former to refer to it being formerly known as "Fox Studios" on all literature, but now known as the EQ for signage purposes. I know the actual studios are still there (but is anybody using them?)
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Loomis wrote:
PapiBear wrote: This piques my interest. What exactly is "the city lobby"?

It is the lobby areas of the cinema complex in George Street in the city centre/CBD.
This place, right?

Loomis wrote:As for the EQ at Moore park, I use former to refer to it being formerly known as "Fox Studios" on all literature, but now known as the EQ for signage purposes. I know the actual studios are still there (but is anybody using them?)
Ah, ok, that makes sense.

The Fox studio complex is definitely being used. Even if filming isn't necessarily going on, there are other businesses on the site that are plenty active. http://www.foxstudiosaustralia.com/
All have fallen short.
- Bono
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I really like the display of Surf's Up but next time I will take a photo with it. I know that both AMC Theater and Edward Theater have the display for Surf’s Up. I also took a photo of the Transformers display that looks so cool. Didn't like the Evan Almighty display it looks very lame.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

How come you didn't take a picture with them, Pals?
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

PapiBear wrote: This place, right?
Yup. They had this really awesome Grindhouse display for a while. Not sure if it is still there, but I loved it. Sadly, the film is not being released to Aussie theatres any more. The Weinsteins, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to split the film for the international release into two films, losing the fake trailers as well. I weep at the injustice of it all...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Renata I did take some pictures but I'm not putting it online, man.
I'm going to send them to family members. :)
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
PapiBear
Banned

Post by PapiBear »

Loomis wrote:
PapiBear wrote: This place, right?
Yup. They had this really awesome Grindhouse display for a while. Not sure if it is still there, but I loved it. Sadly, the film is not being released to Aussie theatres any more. The Weinsteins, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to split the film for the international release into two films, losing the fake trailers as well. I weep at the injustice of it all...
I feel bad for you in that. I was fortunate to have seen it during its opening weekend. Problematic here and there for me (I'm not a big fan of gratuitous gore and violence, but I can tolerate a lot), but overall a fun movie. Given the fact that it failed rather miserably here as well, I'll be surprised if the original theatrical cut ever sees the light of day again.
All have fallen short.
- Bono
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

The Simpsons Movie (2007) Discussion

Post by dvdjunkie »

I went to an advanced screening of this movie today, and was excited about that, but then disappointed when the movie was over that it was basically only an extended episode of the TV show.

All the characters are there, and there are a few (very few) good jokes, most of them you have seen in the trailers. My thought is that the movie is about 10 years to late being made, and suffers a good deal for it. It also runs just under 90 minutes and I thought that it could have been maybe ten minutes or so shorter and been just as funny.

I probably won't go see it again in the theater, but will think about getting it used as a Prevously Viewed DVD when it comes out.

I will rate The Simpsons Movie a weak 3 out of 5 stars.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Thats sort of what I expected from the film to be honest.

The trailers were not great, although I did get a kick out of Spider-Pig, etc... 10 years ago when the Simpsons was at their best the movie would have probably done a lot better.

I'll probably see it sometime soon. I'm going in with low expectations, hopefully I'll be surprised. I mean it is the Simpsons, so greatness can happen.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I personally can't wait to see the movie! I've been a huge fan for a good chunk of my life (I started watching when I was in 5th grade, and now I've been graduated from high school for about a year).

I still enjoy the newer episodes, even though the ones from seasons 1-8 are definitely the best.

Sideshow Bob was in it right? He's my favorite character!
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

Being a fan of the show, I'm looking forward to seeing this, though I don't have very high expectations. It's an extremely rare thing for a film based on a television show to be top-notch, and I'm sure <i>The Simpsons</i> is no exception.

That being said, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. I know it will have its flaws, but it's <i>The Simpsons</i>, for goodness sake! :p
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

My hype for this movie is absolutely off the charts!! I've been watching the Simpsons since I can remember (we had a VHS of the first episode, the Christmas one, that I watched over and over and over) + plenty of taped off TV episodes...and now I collect the DVD sets obsessively (I even have all the themed episode comps from R1).

I have my tickets already bought for a midnight showing. I really want it to be the greatest thing known to man to this point, and if it's all like the Spider-Pg bit, it definitely will be, but that said the show has gotten spotty over the last few seasons. It hit a real low a while back, but it's leveled off and is still inconsistent. I'm not one of those people who gets off on nitpicking the things they love, so I will certainly be happy with the movie however it turns out.