Site Down! Weird things afoot!

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Site Down! Weird things afoot!

Post by Maerj »

Jake and I BOTH experienced weirdness with the forum today. It was down for most of the day with a weird error message. Then it got replaced with a ww.syspage.com page, I had this forum as my homepage. I set it back, but I kept getting this page that siad my computer was being followed or scanned.

Anyone else get this?
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

I got the weird error message but no "syspage.com" or "computer being followed" things. Then again that could be because I hadn't tried to go here before now since around 3 (CST).

But anyways, Luke should be able to sort this out.
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

I think we all probably got it ... Luke, is this related to the BW issues?
" There's no Dumbass Vaccine " - Jimmy Buffett
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Yes, I got the weird messages as well. The weirdest thing is that only the forum was down.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I ran Ad-Aware software, deleted my internet history and all cookies, and had to reset UltimateDisney as my home page and it seems to have worked.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I don't know about all the funny things, but actually the problems weren't bandwidth related.

The forum just broke itself and unfortunately, it can't fix itself, so unless I'm at the helm, the forum will remain broken until I fix it. Fortunately, fixing it was quick and painless...at least the second time it broke.

It was MySQL database errors, not the first time that's happened, but to my knowledge, there's no way to prevent the forum from breaking itself. At least it occurs infrequently and is easily repaired.

Sorry for the downtime. I don't know about the syspage.com thing - that sounds like a different website set itself as your homepage when you were browsing somewhere else.

We might be going down for bandwidth sometime this week, but I'll try to keep an eye on that.
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

home age hijacker

Post by Papa Bear »

Marej, just to let you know the syspage.com page that you were getting is what is called a homepage hijacker and it will cause your system to do all kinds of weird stuff. But Adaware is a good free tool to get rid of stuff like that so good choice there. But i would say it probably had no relationship to this websight you usually get those from websites that try and get you to download all kinds of free stuff. Just an FYI!