Disney movie club pins

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
poco
Special Edition

Disney movie club pins

Post by poco »

Earlier this month I received a lapel pin of mickey mouse for being a member of the club. I didn't hear anything from anyone and am wondering if people got the same thing??

Poco
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." -- Dr. Seuss
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I didn't get anything.
Smarty-pants

Post by Smarty-pants »

I got one too. I also have a friend that works for Disney and she said to hold on to it... that they were issued ONLY to Disney Movie Club members... so there aren't going to be many floating around for collector's which will eventually make them worth a LOT of $$.
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

I'll be sure to hold on to mine. The package i got about a month ago said thanks for being a great member of the movie club. There is room for two more pins so i guess you have to buy more from the store to obtain those...that is my guess anyway.

Luke, I don't know why you didn't get yours. Do you have a vaild account open right now or have you closed it so you don't get those e-mails?
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." -- Dr. Seuss
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

poco wrote:Luke, I don't know why you didn't get yours. Do you have a vaild account open right now or have you closed it so you don't get those e-mails?
It's open, but apparently not fulfilled. Maybe you have to have completed your purchase requirements?
Smarty-pants

Post by Smarty-pants »

The people who received pins were those with "Preferred Status" account... which means those accounts with all the fullfillment purchased. Also, I believe, but not for sure, I thick theadditional pins for the collection will be distributed the same way as the first, prbably not for another 6 monthsto a year though. I guess what we have to do is always make sure you have an open account with "Preferred Status" at all times. If you want a new account, just close the current one you have... open a new one the next day... fullfill as quickly as possible and leave the account open till you want to open another, then repeat the process.
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

Then i guess i have to keep the one i have open, although I have completed my requirements. There are two more pins in the series: donald and minnie. I don't know if you would have to "start over" if i opened an additional account....
Smarty-pants

Post by Smarty-pants »

poco wrote:There are two more pins in the series: donald and minnie. I don't know if you would have to "start over" if i opened an additional account....
If I had to guess, I'd say that when it's time for the next pin to be distributed, whome ever has an open Preferred Status account would receive one... no matter for how long or when the account was fullfilled.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

As a collector of Disney DVD's AND Pins, I was thrilled to get the pin about a month ago. I hope they continue this!!
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I got my Pin a few weeks ago & I believe there was a referrence to it being given to VIP members (those who've completed all obligations). I will definitely be keeping my account open for several reasons. First, you can often get discs hard to find or very expensive elsewhere. Second, the other 2 pins. Third, it's easy to decline the director's selection but I like keeping my options open. BTW thanks again to Luke who is the reason I joined the club & whose codes allowed me to get 3 Disney Treasures for a penny with no shippng & my next 4 purchases with B1G1 codes. One of the best deals I've ever found.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Ames

Post by Ames »

Hey I'm a VIP member where's my pin? :(
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I was hoping all 3 of the Pins would be free to VIP members but alas it is not so. I got my packet today & the second one is free to VIP members who buy either the Featured selection (Inspector Gadget 2pack) or another dvd @ regular club price ($19.95 or vhs @ $14.95 ugh). Code for it is VP44.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

Crap! I wished I'd known about that code before I ordered The Rescuers. I got a Mickey pin as well but don't remember any code being given to me. Of course, I could have forgotten :oops: :D
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney movie club pins

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

poco wrote:Earlier this month I received a lapel pin of mickey mouse for being a member of the club. I didn't hear anything from anyone and am wondering if people got the same thing??

Poco
what does it look like? :?
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

Lapel pin with mickey's upper half over a "box" with "Disney Movie Club" written over it.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

can i have your pin Ms Poco Dearest? :cry:
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

you keep calling me ms Poco Dearest...why should I give you my pin? :wink:
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

poco wrote:you keep calling me ms Poco Dearest...why should I give you my pin? :wink:
cause im cute and fluffy? :D
poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

The latest pin is out from the Disney Movie Club (it expires the end of July). It's Donald. You have to purchase a title (regular price) from the Disney Movie Club site, but if you put in the code VP44 or VP46 you can receive Donald.

Here is the e-mail I got from Disney Club:

Get Your FREE* Donald Duck Collector's Pin Now!
When You Buy Any Regularly Priced Title

Offer Expires July 31 - Get One Before They're Gone!

Pin #2 in our exclusive 3-pin special edition series is here -
But time is running out to get it FREE* with your next order!

The Disney Movie Club Collector's Pins are a series of designer pins commissioned exclusively for VIP members. These special edition pins are uniquely designed and beautifully crafted to capture the magic and fun of favorite Disney characters.

Hurry! Order today and add this pin to your exclusive Disney Movie Club VIP collector's box, and be sure to look for our promotion featuring the 3rd pin - coming soon!

VIP Pin Offer Expires July 31!
Order On-Line Today - Just use Offer Code VP46

Offer Details: *Requires the purchase of any regularly priced title (starting at $14.95 per VHS and $19.95 per DVD). Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Pin will ship separately. The Disney Movie Club pays shipping and processing for your free pin! Offer good while supplies last. This promotion cannot be combined with any other coupon, rebate, or coupon.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Well DMC finally received the Iron Will dvd which I sent back so I took advantage of the free dvd they offered me because I had sent in the refusal card. It was supposed to be a freebie with my next order but that wasn't noted so I asked about Armageddon Criterion. I was told that was too expensive ($39.95) but they'd let me have it for half price. I got 'em to toss in free shipping & gave them VP46 so I've got Armageddon Criterion & my 2nd pin coming for $19.95. I am soooooo glad they screwed up & sent me the 20 day test drive. Sweet deal.