DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:26 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disneykid wrote:
My guess with Aristocats is that they intended it to be a 2-disc, but realized there wasn't enough content to fill out that much and/or decided to do a budgetary cut.

If it's the former, then I shudder to think what paltry amount of material they do have set for this release. If it's the latter, then it's understandable. After all, Disney has proven they can provide solid single-disc releases (Dumbo: 60th Anniversary Edition, Peter Pan: Special Edition, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 25th Anniversary/Friendship Editions, Treasure Planet, Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, etc.)

Escapay

WIST #56:
Aaron: With Mary Poppins and Pete's Dragon on Blu-ray, Bedknobs & Broomsticks seems like a given. Come on, Disney! They could even call it the Naboom-Blu Edition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 am 
Special Edition

Escapay wrote:
Some people don't know sarcasm when they hear it! :P :lol:

Hear it, don't you mean see it typed? And that was sarcasm? My mistake Escapay. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:30 am 
Limited Edition

Well that's sad news :(
All I can do now is hope the UK gets a 2-Disc, like we did with Tarzan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:07 pm 
Collector's Edition

that stinks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:35 pm 
Super Genius

Well...easy come, easy go I guess. At least I already have the GC of Aristocats, and in it's OAR of fullscreen. (Yes, I know it's not the theatrical OAR, but it shows the entire picture which is what I want). All I can say is that I figured this would happen. (Just look back to the first few pages...I posted that there might be a good chance that what happened to the 2-Disk Tarzan, TENG, and Lilo and Stitch might happen to Aristocats). And there we are.

Well, I guess Aristocats won't be my first double-dip after all. That will remain 101 Dalmatians' name-to-fame for me. But Disney remains unpredictable. It's not too late for Disney to change it back to a 2-Disk set on their website!

-BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm 
Limited Edition

brotherbear wrote:
But Disney remains unpredictable.

Unpredictable? No. Indecisive? Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:28 pm 
Limited Edition

A few days ago, Toon Disney was showing "The Aristocats" as part of the "Big Movie Show". I heard it since I was eating dinner when the WDP old logo played in the background right before "The Aristocats" main title was played.

Last weekend, I was at EB Games up in Albany and I saw the Gold Collection DVD of "The Aristocats". I not really sure if I should be thinking about getting either the Special Edition DVD or the used DVD under the "Gold Collection" name or wait until Toon Disney or Playhouse Disney (where the movie was shown on Mondays) will reairing "The Aristocats" until I can have a chance to record it with just the movie itself on my DVD-R. Will have to wait and see. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 am 
Special Edition

That's it, I'm uploading the trailer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:08 pm 
Special Edition

Hey guys, I uploaded the DVD trailer for The Aristocats. Here it is. But be aware it's the exact same thing as the VHS trailer.

The Aristocats DVD Trailer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:15 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Too bad it advertises a 2-disc Edition we'll likely never see. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 pm 
Special Edition

Simba3 wrote:

Hey, you never know. :) I mean, it's just a rumor that started on this forum all because the website changed the title. Would it really be a one disc with all this design, and the centered title, and hence the words SPECIAL EDITION? If it was a one disc, it wouldn't be called a special edition. It would be a regular cover just like Dumbo, The Fox and the Hound, and Robin Hood was, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

TonyWDA wrote:
Simba3 wrote:

Hey, you never know. :) I mean, it's just a rumor that started on this forum all because the website changed the title. Would it really be a one disc with all this design, and the centered title, and hence the words SPECIAL EDITION? If it was a one disc, it wouldn't be called a special edition. It would be a regular cover just like Dumbo, The Fox and the Hound, and Robin Hood was, right?

I don't know, it does seem pretty suspicious that the DVD website (http://www.aristocatsdvd.com) has erased all traces of the release being 2 disc from the website. It no longer says 2-disc on the right side of the advertisement, nor on the gold banner. I would say that is a pretty good sign that Disney has decided to make this a one disc release. I would love to be wrong on this, but the website change seems like a pretty good indication of what is to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

But, to think on the positive side, what if there just aren't enough bonus features for 2 discs, but the single disc is jam-packed with bonus fun! That could happen...some of the single disc DVDs (such as "Dumbo", "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh", and "Fantasia 2000") have a lot on extras for 1-disc DVDs.

Post subject: Re: Aristocats dvd
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:39 pm 
Banned

I'm a fan of this film too, while I'm dazed bout the 2 disc part, it makes me head hurt with the word on 2 disc or 1 disc. Make up your minds people, without the Aristocats's success, we would'n't have Beauty and the Beast, Tron, Roger Rabitt, Hunchback,etc. Didn't appericate the film at first till I read bout it's history and the signfienate it made on the studio. I'd go for the 2 disc even if had 6/60 worthy bounus feats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

OK.... This sounds like Disney's Tarzan of October 2005 all over again,,, :roll:

Anyway I just hope they dont change the name from special edition to Groovin Jazz edition or some Lame Title Edition.... IF they do I want to form an angry mob around and BVHE for changing it to a one disc. and and anry riot if it changes to 1 disc lame title edition..

It looks like danfrandes might get his/her Groovin Jazz Edition 1-disc Aristocats after all... :P :P

Oh and it better have a Slipcover!! :P :P

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:34 pm 
Special Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
It looks like danfrandes might get his/her Groovin Jazz Edition 1-disc Aristocats after all... :P :P

Um, actually, I came up with that, it was only a joke on another forum, don't blame danfrandes for making it up, but you can blame him for taking it from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:10 pm 
Platinum Edition

TonyWDA wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:

Um, actually, I came up with that, it was only a joke on another forum, don't blame danfrandes for making it up, but you can blame him for taking it from me.

We know, but he's the only one actively campaigning for it to be christened the "Groovin' Jazz" edition, so while it's a TonyWDA-patented name, it's pretty much a danfrandes association as well. Not that any of us want it to be called "Groovin' Jazz" anyway. I still prefer "Feline AIDS is the Number One Killer of Domestic Cats" Edition.

Escapay

WIST #56:
Aaron: With Mary Poppins and Pete's Dragon on Blu-ray, Bedknobs & Broomsticks seems like a given. Come on, Disney! They could even call it the Naboom-Blu Edition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm 
Banned

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Bob Barker was brought on to do an introduction about having your pets spade and neutered to put the film in the proper historical context....Lady & the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians could use that too. All feature unwanted pets..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 pm 
Collector's Edition

This is rather disappointing news. I was hoping for a grand slam upgrade of The Aristocats. I guess it could still happen, but the chances just decreased significantly.

My DVDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:16 pm 

The Aristocats Special Edition DVD, originally scheduled for a March 2007 release, is being delayed until Spring 2008. The good news is that the reason this is delayed is so Disney can add new, never before seen bonus features. The objective, of course, is to enhance the DVD and include more content for our consumers. We apologize for any disappointment this delay may have caused you, but hope you will enjoy this special edition release when it arrives in stores.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 26  Next