Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 7 DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
mvd24
Limited Issue

Post by mvd24 »

Yes, this might be a joke. The only thing that keeps my hopes up is that the three previously anounced upcoming volumes in the Legacy Line have indeed been removed from the official Legacy Collection site, just days ago.

Also, it does seem like a quite logical compromise for the "treasures series" to continue, to include two volumes which were supposed to come out as part of the Legacy line.

I keep my fingers crossed.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

No way, it's an April Fool's scam and I ain't fallin' for it! Not till after the second of April anyway.
Last edited by Big Disney Fan on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I'll believe it if it's not disproven by April 2nd.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

"April Fool" in March would be totally unacceptable, so that better not be the explanation.

I'll be happy to see more DD - I hope they'll also get around to the rumoured "Destino" volume.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

This press release is now popping up on sites like DavisDVD, and without any referencing to animated-news.com. That means this press release comes straight from Disney's publicity website, and it's not likely that they would be pulling an April Fool's joke on news sites. The outcry would be enormous. Some people are just way too suspicious.
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

(April Fools foolishness removed. Nothing to see here folks. Move along, move along....)

I should imagine the Disneyland set was delayed merely to annoy the fans yet again... :lol:
Last edited by MK Sharp on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Don't really think it's an April's Fools joke, if is too bad...just keep moving forwards!!!
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mouseketodd »

I'm happy for the news. I'm not bothered with the announcement of three titles in the Treasures line as opposed to four -- an earlier wave had three, too. And, I'm glad Leonard Maltin is back on board.

'Oswald' truly belongs in the Treasures line -- right in line with the Alice Comedies.

Hooray for DD3!!!!

'Secrets' inclusion as a Treasure is puzzling -- but I'll read the Legacy press release again.

One thing's for sure: with three Treasures and zero Legacy volumes, I won't have such an expensive outlay this year!!!!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

It's not a joke and Leonard Maltin will definitely be involved after all. Looks like even without unified outpouring, BVHE took the message and isn't phasing out the Treasures after all.
carter1971
Gold Classic Collection

Post by carter1971 »

Great news! I'm a huge Donald fan, as you probably guessed, and am so glad that the cartoons will continue to come. Maybe we'll also get more "rarities" on the Oswald set since there may not be enough surviving cartoons to make a full Treasure.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

carter1971 wrote:Maybe we'll also get more "rarities" on the Oswald set since there may not be enough surviving cartoons to make a full Treasure.
I doubt it. Because neither are there enough toons to merit another Rarities section. All that's left are Susie the Little Blue Coupe and Casey Bats Again. Unless of course, they did Scrooge and Money and maybe It's Tough To Be a Bird and, to a lesser extent, the two Goofy shorts on freeways. Even then, I'm not so sure.
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

Luke wrote:It's not a joke and Leonard Maltin will definitely be involved after all. Looks like even without unified outpouring, BVHE took the message and isn't phasing out the Treasures after all.
Well...that's a relief. :)

I guess I can call this news a major "Hip-Hip Hooray" for us Donald Duck fans. :D

We're finally getting Chronological Donald Vol. 3!!!!
:pink: :donald: :donald: :donald: :donald: :pink:
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Big Disney Fan wrote:
carter1971 wrote:Maybe we'll also get more "rarities" on the Oswald set since there may not be enough surviving cartoons to make a full Treasure.
I doubt it. Because neither are there enough toons to merit another Rarities section. All that's left are Susie the Little Blue Coupe and Casey Bats Again. Unless of course, they did Scrooge and Money and maybe It's Tough To Be a Bird and, to a lesser extent, the two Goofy shorts on freeways. Even then, I'm not so sure.
Well, there are a few more theatrical shorts - made post-Walt. And then there are other ("non-theatrical") old shorts. It's a question of where to draw the line.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
Actually, there's plenty more. We went over this in another Treasures thread. There's all the Jiminy Cricket You/I'm No Fool stuff, there's the stuff you mentioned, there's "Winnie the Pooh Discovers the Seasons" and a TON of educational shorts they can pick and choose from, like the "What Should I Do" series and "Harold and His Amazing Green Plants." There's LOTS of stuff. There are even a few TV programs from more recent years that need a home and would fit okay in a rarities set, like Sport Goofy in Soccermania and Disney's Fluppy Dogs. There's also "Dad, Can I Borrow the Car?" There's stuff like "Destino" too, and a few things that have come out on short compilation DVDs only, like the stuff that was supposed to be part of "Fantasia 2006."
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

In my opinion a second "Rarities" volume in the WDT line should stay away from most "new generation" material from the past 25 years or so. But there could still be enough older material. I guess this remains speculation at this point. If it were up to me they could include Susie and Casey and the Chip and Dale shorts in the final DD volume.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Since "Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic" is a recent documentary/compilation, rather than film from the Disney vaults, it differs from the rest of the Treasures line. I hope it's possible to piggyback a few of the unreleased Disneyland TV episodes onto this release in sort-of a reverse supplementary fashion. In particular, any of these:

Disneyland Showtime
Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow
Disneyland Around the Seasons
Gala Day at Disneyland

I'd hate to see any opportunity to get these shows out slip by!
jebsdad
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jebsdad »

For those interested, if the Donald Duck Volume 3 does contain only the 1947 through 1950 toons, here's the list.

Straight Shooters
Sleepy Time Donald
Clown Of The Jungle
Donald's Dilemma
Crazy With The Heat
Bootle Beetle
Wide Open Spaces
Chip An' Dale

Drip Dippy Donald
Daddy Duck
Donald's Dream Voice
The Trial Of Donald Duck
Inferior Decorator
Soup's On
Three For Breakfast
Tea For Two Hundred

Doanld's Happy Birthday
Sea Salts
Winter Storage
Honey Harvester
All In A Nutshell
The Greener Yard
Slide, Donald, Slide
Toy Tinkers

Lion Around
Crazy Over Daisy
Trailer Horn
Hook, Lion And Sinker
Bee At The Beach
Out On A Limb

That would be 30 cartoons with 31 cartoons left for Volume 4 - 1951-1961.
jlppr
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jlppr »

i don't think it's an april's fools prank seeing that it was put here in UD on the 30th of the month. that's 2 days before the 1st. so it can't be.

i for one am glad to hear this news :D
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

jebsdad wrote:For those interested, if the Donald Duck Volume 3 does contain only the 1947 through 1950 toons, here's the list.

Straight Shooters
Sleepy Time Donald
Clown Of The Jungle
Donald's Dilemma
Crazy With The Heat
Bootle Beetle
Wide Open Spaces
Chip An' Dale

Drip Dippy Donald
Daddy Duck
Donald's Dream Voice
The Trial Of Donald Duck
Inferior Decorator
Soup's On
Three For Breakfast
Tea For Two Hundred

Doanld's Happy Birthday
Sea Salts
Winter Storage
Honey Harvester
All In A Nutshell
The Greener Yard
Slide, Donald, Slide
Toy Tinkers

Lion Around
Crazy Over Daisy
Trailer Horn
Hook, Lion And Sinker
Bee At The Beach
Out On A Limb

That would be 30 cartoons with 31 cartoons left for Volume 4 - 1951-1961.
I think Volume 3 will be 1947 through 1951, featuring an additional six shorts:

Dude Duck
Corn Chips
Test Pilot Donald
Lucky Number
Out Of Scale
Bee On Guard

As you can see, that would be 36 shorts, the same amount as Volume 1 (1934 - 1941).

Also, I'm pretty sure the obligatory "From the Vault" section is where you will find:

Clown Of The Jungle (numerous attempts at suicide on the part of the Aracuan Bird)
Crazy With The Heat (the translucent Arab)
Three For Breakfast (Chinese stereotypes on Donald and Dale)
Tea For Two Hundred (the ants behaving like both African natives and Native Americans)
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

As I said all along the Treasures were never dead, they had just been rebranded to the Legacy series. Now because fo the outcry they have been rebranded back to Treasures.

I am sure Destino is missing because they need to get it out before December 11 to avoid losing the copyright. Fankly, I dont think anyone doing an April fools joke would have thought that through(while I might of)

I am just wondering if the fourth spot may be a place holder for Song of the South or just a realization much of their live action stuff has gotten pretty weak to be called a Treasure in the last couple of waves.\

I will also have to put on hold my plans to frame all those little lithographs into a big picture for now. Just bought Pluto Volume1 from Disneyguy after my daughter ate the first one.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09