Disney and Buena Vista DVD Price Cuts thru April 2008

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I may pick up Valiant, but I should see it first.
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

This is a good chance for to me complete my Pixar collection! I'd also like to pick up a copy of Mulan II, I haven't had a chance to purchase it yet.

I know I'm going to get cyber shot for asking this, but do DVDs come with the slipcovers when you order them from amazon? The only Disney DVD I ordered from there came from the Amazon Marketplace, so that doesn't really count.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

First post updated.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thanks for the updates, Luke!

Someone asked this a while ago, but didn't get a response- will these new price reductions also be on the movies from the Disney Movie Club? I don't have "The Emperor's New Groove" on DVD at all (only on VHS), so, if the DMC gets it for $15, I may pick it up...as well as a couple Pooh ones, too...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Someone asked this a while ago, but didn't get a response- will these new price reductions also be on the movies from the Disney Movie Club? I don't have "The Emperor's New Groove" on DVD at all (only on VHS), so, if the DMC gets it for $15, I may pick it up...as well as a couple Pooh ones, too...
Don't really know about that. I know the DMC surpasses SRP on certain low-priced titles. The Temporary Price Reductions are less likely to show up there, but I'm sure eventually the DMC will discount accordingly those whose cuts are permanent.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Ok, thanks Luke! My best bet would be to get these titles from Best Buy then, I guess.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

I think it's time to buy Emporor's New Groove now; I would like the 2-disc version for the Kingdom of the Sun material, but since I don't love the film it's not worth tracking that down on eBay, so I'll settle for the current disc. Also, if the price is right enough I may consider buying the single-disc Narnia as well (I don't need the 2-disc on account of having Disc 2 in the extended release, but I would like to have the theatrical version, which is of course missing from the new set. It's not a high priority, but I would take it cheaply enough.) Also, definately going to try and find Miracle Match (*cough* Game of Their Lives *cough*) once its perminant goes into effect.

Thanks, Lukle.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I'll end up getting Emperors New Groove, Alice in Wonderland, and some of the Pixar dvds (Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, A Bugs Life) eventually.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Jake Lipson wrote:I think it's time to buy Emporor's New Groove now; I would like the 2-disc version for the Kingdom of the Sun material, but since I don't love the film it's not worth tracking that down on eBay, so I'll settle for the current disc. <snip>

Thanks, Lukle.
Lukle? :? :lol: ;)

The actual amount of Kingdom of the Sun material on TENG is quite disappointing (a mere 22 stills of concept art). Had Disney included "The Sweatbox" documentary, then we'd have learned a lot more about KotS. Alas...

Anyways, of the price reductions that are new, the only one that really would interest me is the price drop on Dead Poets Society. I still haven't picked it up (or Good Morning, Vietnam).
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Voiceroy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Voiceroy »

I guess I'm the only one who finds it amusing when Disney calls these "price reductions" and "discounts" off their overpriced product. But when you sell your product above average retail prices, I guess any discount's a welcome one for consumers.

So is there anyone else out there cheap like me who buys pre-owned?

I've bought many of the titles listed in this thread for 50% and more off retail, and in just as good a shape as if they were still sealed. And most of them still have their original packaging, slipcovers, and inserts.

I never pay retail price if I can help it.
Disney_Fanatic91

Post by Disney_Fanatic91 »

Hello, i've never been on here before but i have a question. On a recent disney dvd i bought i seen a commercial about the blu-ray discs and it listed a bunch of disney movies that were going to be released on it such as Beauty and the Beast and a couple of other ones that i missed before the went into the vault. I was wondering if they were still going to release these titles on DVD also, even though blu-ray is supposed to be better??I'm worried because i cannot afford to re-purchase all of my collection and switch to a blu-ray player.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

Lukle? :? :lol: ;)
Ahem, typo. Sorry.

I believe distribution rights for The Sweatbox are owned by Sony Pictures Classics, but they have yet to release it. I'm not even sure if they can release it, as their might be legal issues surrounding it given Disney's reluctance to allow it to screen.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Thanks for the price cut updates. I'll probably get Dead Mans Chest in May if its the 2 disc edition.
Daisy Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Daisy Duck »

Today's the day for the Pixar price drops! :) Amazon has Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, and A Bugs Life for $14.99. I'm going to pick up a couple today. I noticed that (as of this minute) Cars is $16.99, Incredibles is still $19.99 and Monster's Inc is still $26.99 at Amazon. Anyone know why Monster's Inc has always been more expensive than the rest? You can get that title from deepdiscountdvd for $21.99, but I was hoping this one would get a big discount, too.
Daisy Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Daisy Duck »

Aha! Thanks, DisneyGirl22! Disneyshopping.com has them all for $14.99 except for Cars which is $19.99.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Finally this August there will be price drops in Golden Girls Season 1 & 2. At long last, I can buy them!
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

DISNEY/PIXAR DVD ON SALE AT AMAZON

Post by disneyguy »

If anyone is interested DISNEY/PIXAR DVDs are on sale

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html? ... ative=9325

DG
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Thanks for the link! Bug's Life here I come! :D
Remember to purchase through UD's links.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
GOGOinVegas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GOGOinVegas »

checked it out and noticed that 'The Incredibles is more expensive if you buy the Full Screen :lol: I wonder how they came up with that?
Jules: You know the shows on TV?
Vincent: I don't watch TV.
Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?
GOGOinVegas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GOGOinVegas »

I have read that Best Buy will have The following for their memorial day 2day sale for 12.99 ( sunday and monday only) Im surprised that any fan of these doesnt already own them tho!
just a heads up ....

A Bug’s Life
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Toy Story: 10th Anniversary Edition
Toy Story 2: 2 DVD Special Edition
Monsters, Inc.
Jules: You know the shows on TV?
Vincent: I don't watch TV.
Jules: Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?