Cinderella III: Spoiler Thread!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Cinderella III: Spoiler Thread!

Post by Disney Duster »

Moderators, please don't merge this with the Cinderella III: A Twist In Time Press Release and Discussion thread. This thread is going to be full of spoilers and I wouldn't want people who want to be surprised suddenly scroll into huge pictures of the plot!

ATTENTION: This thread is for spoilers! Post spoiling screencaps, videos, or information in here! If anyone wants to talk about the ending of the movie, please provide a bold or ALL CAPITAL LETTERS warning before you talk about it. WARNING: It's already been secretly revealed on page 2!

Exactly one week ago, I searched everywhere for the two books released on December 6th for Cinderella III: A Twist In Time. I finally found them both at the bookstore called Borders. With their help, and pictures from the picture book, I have assembled this spoiler-full text that tells the beginning of the movie. One spoiler I will never reveal is the end battle, however. I haven't even peeked at that spoiler myself!

UPDATE: I have seen Cinderella III: A Twist In Time and read both books based on it! So I have finished the plot synopsis and added the pictures from the second half! If you haven't seen the movie, scroll down and read further at your own risk!

So, here's the beginning of the plot! It's been one year since Cinderella tried on the glass slipper and was discovered to be the one the Prince fell in love with at the ball. They decide to go horseback riding for a while. Meanwhile, this is the perfect chance for Cinderella's Fairy Godmother to prepare a surprise anniversary party for the happy couple! The forest is the perfect setting: It's deep and secretive, yet full of beautiful scenery! With a wave of her wand, she creates a flowery gazebo, and with the help of Cinderella's animal friends, she creates a delicious cake.
But Cinderella's stepsisters are not celebrating. Their mother, Lady Tremaine, is making them do all the dirty work Cinderella had to do for the house before she became a princess. Anastasia dreams of being a princess as well. Luckily for her, and unluckily for Cinderella and the Prince, Anastasia sees them in the forest. She follows them to the party. Cinderella and the Prince are very surprised, but it is Anastasia who gets the real surprise when the Fairy Godmother magically changes their riding clothes into the clothes they wore the night they first met!
When the Fairy Godmother drops the wand, Anastasia sees this as her only chance at escaping drudgery like Cinderella did. She grabs it, and runs off to her mother and sister. The Fairy Godmother follows her home, and tries to get her wand back. Anastasia says the magic words, "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" to thwart her. But the spell does more than she intended, and turns the old fairy into a statue! Lady Tremaine sees this as not just a second chance to elevate her daughters in status, but also elevate herself to power, and get revenge on Cinderella.
Lady Tremaine casts a spell that turns the wand's white sparkles into a ghastly green mist, and commands time to reverse, gleefully watching her stepdaughter lose her happiness. The spell takes them to a time when they thought they would become happy, the day the Grand Duke arrived to hopefully fit the slipper on one of the girls and take her and her family to the palace. With another spell, Lady Tremaine makes the glass slipper fit Anastasia's foot, so she can be the Prince's bride. Cinderella knew she should be the Prince's bride because she was the one the Prince fell in love with, and she had the other slipper to prove it! But Lady Tremaine broke that one and told Cinderella that she had dreamed up the night with the Prince.
Cinderella knew she hadn't been dreaming, and set off to find the Prince. She believed that if he saw her, he'd know she was the one he had danced with at the ball. Dressed in her work clothes, Cinderella easily fit in with the other palace servants. But Prudence was suspicious of her. With help from Gus and Jaq, Cinderella pretended to be the royal mouse catcher. Prudence saw that they really needed catching!
Meanwhile, Lady Tremaine presented Anastasia before the Prince, showing him that she must be the girl he fell in love with at the ball because the glass slipper fit her. But the slipper's fit wasn't enough for the Prince. He knew he hadn't danced with her at the ball, and told them so. With another spell, Lady Tremaine made sure the slipper's fit was enough for the Prince. He fell in love with Anastasia and asked her to marry him, which she gladly accepted! Cinderella didn't know this, and when she finally found the Prince, he didn't even recognise her!
Cinderella was heartbroken, but Jaq and Gus soon found her and told her evrything they had learned. Now knowing that the Prince did not know her due to magic, Cinderella planned to retrieve the wand from her stepmother. Carefully hiding her face in a maid's disguise, Cinderella entered her stepfamily's room to clean it, while Jaq and Gus tried to get the wand out of the dresser drawer it was kept in. Lady Tremaine is not fooled by Cinderella's disguise, and uncovers her. But Jaq and Gus already have the wand, and run out of the room with it, followed by Cinderella. Lady Tremaine orders the palace guards to capture Cinderella, calling her a thief.
Cinderella gets the wand from Jaq and Gus just as the Prince gets to her, but that is also the moment that the guards get to her, and she is caught. Lady Tremaine takes the wand back and tells the guards to put Cinderella on the next ship leaving the kingdom, to be banished forever. The Prince does not hear this, and hopes that Cinderella will be all right.
But Jaq and Gus tell the prince that everything is not all right. They explain to him that he is under a spell that makes him think he danced at the ball with Anastasia. Then they tell him to rescue the one he really danced with, Cinderella. The King and the Grand Duke think the Prince has gone mad when he gallops out of the castle on his horse right before his wedding to Anastasia.
But the Prince knows he is not mad for going after Cinderella when he sees her on the ship. Touching Cinderella's hand breaks the spell, and he asks for her hand in marriage. Cinderella happily agrees to marry her one true love, and the newly engaged couple returns to the palace. When the King discovers that Lady Tremaine put a spell on his son, he orders the guards to arrest her. But when the guards enter the stepfamily's room, they are nowhere to be found.
(I added the green magic in this picture, for fun :D )
The King doesn't want their disappearence to ruin the happy occasion, and the wedding goes on as planned. But the occasion is ruined for Cinderella when her stepmother enters her dressing room. Lady Tremaine knows that magic cannot work on the Prince's love for Cinderella, but magic can work on Anastasia to make her look like Cinderella! With more use of magic, Cinderella finds herself trapped in a pumpkin coach that takes her far away from the Prince, who will now marry a copy of her.
Cinderella is determined not to let the beautiful dream in her heart die, if she can help it. And she can help it, as she proves by breaking out of the pumpkin and jumping onto the horse that draws it. Cinderella rides the horse to the palace church, where everyone is shocked to see two Cinderellas! Lady Tremaine's plan is ruined, and she is forced to come out of hiding.
But, just like Cinderella, her stepmother is determined not to let her own dream die either, her dream of revenge. With a "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo", Lady Tremaine creates a swirling vortex of green magic, which starts turning the guards into animals. She prepares to do something to Anastasia, but Cinderella stands in front of her stepsister to block the magic from the wand. This does not trouble Lady Tremaine, who decides to kill two birds with one stone, or get revenge on both of them with one spell.
But the Prince is brave like Cinderella, and stands in front of her and Anastasia. He uses his sword to block the magic, which causes the green sparkles to bounce off of it and hit Lady Tremaine and Drizella, who vanish from the church. The wand is left behind, and Anastasia uses it to return to her true self. She wants someone to love her for who she really is. She is now happy for Cinderella, who can now be happy with her Prince, and they are happy together forever after...again.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

Has anyone gotten the storybook yet? I've not seen it out anywhere.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

So thats why on the cover Cindy is riding a purple horse! :D

Disney Duster, have you seen the massive preview for Cinderella III yet? Its on the DVD discussion board.
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

Disney Duster thank you for posting this. it looks great.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Cinderella III Spoilers!

Post by Disney Duster »

TheNikki wrote:Has anyone gotten the storybook yet? I've not seen it out anywhere.
Yes, I bought the storybook! It's a gorgeously illustrated picture book! I'm using that book's pictures for the first post in this thread! I found it at Borders. It was recently December 6th, so maybe some stores are taking a while to get it, or waiting until the DVD actually comes out.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:So thats why on the cover Cindy is riding a purple horse! :D

Disney Duster, have you seen the massive preview for Cinderella III yet? Its on the DVD discussion board.
Yes, I did actually see the preview and I LOOOOOVVVED IT!!!!!!

But one mistake really bugs me! We see the magic spell reversing Cinderella's wedding with the Prince, being blown apart by the force of the magic. But they gave the Prince's outfit the wrong colors! In the original film it he was still wearing his yellow top and red pants instead of all white!
ImageImage
wrestling_stat wrote:Disney Duster thank you for posting this. it looks great.
You're very welcome!
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Thank You Disney Duster!!!! The book seems great, and I bet the movie's going to be even better! :)
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Thanks for the scans, Disney Duster! How did you do the animated effect with Tremaine casting her spell? Does that page of the storybook allow you to change the picture in the mist similarly to how pop-up books do it? Based on this and the eight minute clip, I think we've got a pretty detailed view of what the first half of the film will be. Plus, based on what Jens told us in the other thread, we'll know that in the climax Tremaine will transform Anastasia into Cinderella while the real one is sent off in a fake pumpkin coach that tries to run her off a cliff. For those of you wondering why I made that part in white when we're in a spoiler thread, it's because I remember Disney Duster not wanting to know anything at all about the last act, and I'm sure many will feel the same way. I don't think I've ever been so excited over a DTV sequel before.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I wanna know the last act cause reading this stuff has my blood boilding over with hate. I fear a very bad ending for Cinderella. I'm gonna have a heart attack if I don't hear good news. Villian lovers can write their own twisted endings but Disney needs to leave Cindy alone.
TheNikki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheNikki »

Could you fill us in on the rest of the storybook? I'd love to hear how it all ends.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

i want to hear it to!!
i really can't wait anymore!!
i my country they don't have the storybook
can you post more pictures please?
i really love those pictures. :D
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Thanks!
Last edited by Old Fish Tale on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Thanks!
Last edited by Old Fish Tale on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Thanks!
Last edited by Old Fish Tale on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Thanks!
Last edited by Old Fish Tale on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

HORRAY! Prudence returns... But what about the Baker?

Post by Disney Live On »

:D I am so excited about this film! I just know its going to suerpass every Disney Sequel that has come before it. But as it has been mentioned before it is great that a character from the second movie is being agnologed. In all other previous Disney 3rd films the characters of the sequels seem to be forgotten. Even in the Aladdin trilogy new characters (some featured in the TV series) are disguraded and don't even get me started on Belle's Magical World were a whole new host of characters from Film 2 just disappear with no explanation. It really does screw up continuity.

In that vein however I was suprised that Anastasia was the sister to steal the magic wand. In my view the story would have been just as strong if Dreizilla stole the wand and then the Stepmother turned back time and unbeknown to her daughter changed Anastasia's destiny to ensure she never married the baker. This would have meant that the three stories of Cinderella 2 would have all occured during the first year of Cinderella's marriage and would also mean the Stepmother could be destroyed at the end of the final enstalment. By making Anastasia still bitter about not marrying the Prince we know that no matter what happens the Stepmother cannot die or be truely defeated. It's a sad truth but the climax will not be as fulfilling now as it could have ben as she once again gets away with her evil doings without getting her real just deserts.

I hope this is merely a ploy by Disney to send us in the wrong direction but sadly I doubt it. The film will most likely be set during the mid events of Cinderella 2, before Anastasia met the baker, which is fine but it will mean as a trilogy the stories will not work as well together in terms of an overall flow of narrative.

However this does not dampen my spirits- Cinderella III will still surely be the best Disney sequel EVER! And I for one am jumping out of my skin to see it... IT WILL BE SO GOOD! Even if the stepmother doesn't get killed off. he he he. :D
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

o also think she does not die
but i still think where is the baker???
we have preduce so part 2 is happened before this movie
so i think that with the baker is after this movie when everything is back to normal.(or so i hope)
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Is it wrong to say I'm looking more forward to this film than I was the Platinum release of the original?

:wink:
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

I just want to clear this up: Cinderella II was not made as a real sequel. It was originally meant to be a TV series about Cinderella, like The Little Mermaid. They are just stories stuck together to make a feature-length film. Cinderella III however, is the first real sequel made for Cinderella, and that's how they produced it... They totally ignored Cinderella II, and I think that's the best choice!

I'm also very looking forward to this film and like Timon/Pumbaa fan, even more than I was looking forward to the original's Platinum DVD release! The animation and backgrounds look stunning and the storyline is very well thought-out!
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

i love that moment in the sneak peak when the mice tell cindy about the prince and al that magic .
it is so hilarious.
i also love the part when Tremain discovers that the maid is cindy.
cindy is so on model than.
Last edited by supertalies on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Jens wrote:I just want to clear this up: Cinderella II was not made as a real sequel. It was originally meant to be a TV series about Cinderella, like The Little Mermaid. They are just stories stuck together to make a feature-length film. Cinderella III however, is the first real sequel made for Cinderella, and that's how they produced it... They totally ignored Cinderella II, and I think that's the best choice!
But Prudence is there!
Last edited by Old Fish Tale on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.