How To Support the Site

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Hey Luke!

First of all, welcome back! Your absence was noted, and it's really good to have you back! :)
Just wanted to let you know that I've made two preorders with UD's code for the UK. Desperate Housewives 2 and The Little Mermaid PE. Dispatch dates for both are for November, but I wanted you to have something to look forward to! :wink:

P.S. I'd recommend adding TLM R2 to the UD shop. People will wanna support UD with purchases, and this is bound to be a popular order.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

:( I don't know why, but I always feel anxious when ordering through Amazon to help UD.

I remembered I needed one more book for my Greek and Roman Mythology class and my friend said she got the textbook cheaper from Amazon, so I went searching and found that last book I needed (the RU book store didn't have it anyway). First I did it the old fashioned way by pasting the ASIN/ISBN into the link, Aaron gave, but then remembered that Luke posted a new and easier way to do it. Since it seems to have worked before, I did it again by just clicking the UD~Amazon link and buying the book through that.

I will post the confirmation e-mail receipt. Here is what I bought, Luke:
Shipping estimate for these items: September 29, 2006
Delivery estimate: October 2, 2006 - October 3, 2006
1 "The Complete Greek Tragedies: Euripides V (The Complete Greek Tragedies)"
Euripides; Paperback; $11.00

1 "The Black Cauldron (Disney Gold Classic Collection)"
Ted Berman; DVD; $14.99

1 "Thumbelina"
Gary Goldman; DVD; $9.98
Hopefully I did it right and hopefully it comes sooner that it says it will. My orders have before and this time I especially need that book ASAP or I will fail the next exam! :o
Lol, you also may have noticed the DVDs, hehehe. There are a bunch of DVDs I've been holding off on buying so I can buy them later to qualify for Free Shipping for orders over $25! :D
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Wow, being away and returning straight to the grindstone has made me miss this thread, unfortunately, until now. I apologize for that.

Pluto Region 1,

Don't worry about the "thehomeimprovemz" code not showing up. If you're using a UD link to Amazon (any UD link), we should get the credit for anything purchased in that session, whether or not the code shows up. Some of the scripts which enable those little preview pop-up deals make it so that our tag disappears, but I'm told it doesn't affect getting credit for the transaction. The only way that we wouldn't is if you have spyware in your system that is somehow able to replace our affiliate code with its. I've heard of such a thing, but I'd say it's unlikely.

hogsmeadhowler,
Thank you very much for your order. "The OC" Season 3 did show up. Now the money is just resting in my account. Nice to know another Fr. Ted fan. :up: I must admit with some shame that I only recently discovered the show, on a recommendation from a friend. But I immediately took to it and now the Holy Trilogy is high on my list of "things to buy."

Disney-Fan,
Sorry for the slow reply - thanks for noting my absence and for the suggestion. I've only recently caught up with R1 DVDs added to the shop. R2 is very out-of-date and needs addressing. Thanks for the orders, though I'm not sure they went through. From the beginning of August through yesterday, there is just one order for <i>Little Mermaid</i> SE and none for Desperate Housewives. Not sure what happened along the way (unless they were preordered before that), but the idea behind the action is appreciated, nonetheless.

Kram,
All three things showed up among yesterday's orders. History has shown me that those estimate dates are usually very conservative. Hope you get those soon. Thanks for using our link. And it should be as simple as getting to Amazon through any UD link there and ordering from within that session.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Luke wrote:Kram,
All three things showed up among yesterday's orders. History has shown me that those estimate dates are usually very conservative. Hope you get those soon. Thanks for using our link. And it should be as simple as getting to Amazon through any UD link there and ordering from within that session.
Thanks, Luke! I'm glad to have helped again! :) Also, yesterday they e-mailed that they just shipped it and my package is in Jersey City/in a truck as I type this. Yay!!!
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Luke wrote:Disney-Fan,
From the beginning of August through yesterday, there is just one order for <i>Little Mermaid</i> SE and none for Desperate Housewives. Not sure what happened along the way (unless they were preordered before that), but the idea behind the action is appreciated, nonetheless.
Desperate Housewives was ordered back in June. :wink:
As for The Little Mermaid, that should be my order. I used the link and all. Shouldn't have had problems along the way.

EDIT: Ordered Lost: Season 2 aswell...
Last edited by Disney-Fan on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disney-Fan wrote:Desperate Housewives was ordered back in June. :wink:
As for The Little Mermaid, that should be my order. I used the link and all. Shouldn't have had problems along the way.
Ah, so it was. There it is. Thanks! Good to know that those intending to help out actually do!
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

OK, I just placed the big Xmas order using UD links and making some up for the items UD didn't have a link for. UD should see a kickback from all these items:

Shipping on 10/11/06, according to Amazon:
TLM - $16.87.

Shipping on 11/11/06, according to Amazon:
4 copies of CARS DVD, $63.48.

Shipping on December 11th ($199.96), according to Amazon:

The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh, $26.40
The Walt Disney World Trivia Book..., $10.17
Hidden Mickeys, 2nd Edition..., $9.56
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (30th Anniversary Edition), $13.88
Pirates Of The Caribbean (Two-Disc Special Edition), $21.99
Pirates Of The Caribbean, normal edition, $15.98
Ultimate Collection of Astaire & Rogers, $84.99
Escape/Return to Witch Mtn, $17.99
Pluto Region1, Disney fan in training
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks a lot, Pluto! I'll keep an eye out for all that stuff. It will be hard to miss! Hope Amazon ships things in a timely fashion and breaks orders up, where possible, to get you things more quickly.

The continued support from you and others -- whether mentioned this thread or not, whether intentional or not -- is much appreciated and an essential reason why this site will soon be turning 6 years old as well as passing 500 reviews, 10 interviews, 3500 forum members. Milestones galore, and everyone (including me) has the thoughtful few to thank!
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

Luke wrote:Thanks a lot, Pluto! I'll keep an eye out for all that stuff. It will be hard to miss! Hope Amazon ships things in a timely fashion and breaks orders up, where possible, to get you things more quickly.

The continued support from you and others -- whether mentioned this thread or not, whether intentional or not -- is much appreciated and an essential reason why this site will soon be turning 6 years old as well as passing 500 reviews, 10 interviews, 3500 forum members. Milestones galore, and everyone (including me) has the thoughtful few to thank!
Well I'm glad to help as much as I can. These days being so cash-poor (thanks to being in school and not working for the past 7 weeks) it's about all I can do to support UD.

Those orders are pretty much as they will be shipped, so you should see them as I posted them. I freaked out because I had 2 other DVDs in there that I needed much sooner and because I chose super saver, they were going to ship ALL of it in December (2 months too late for the 2 birthday gifts I needed) so I had to repackage my orders. They say you can combine orders, but every time I've tried, they won't let me. That is something to be careful of when you order from them. I tried to combine the 2 pre-orders - TLM and CARS and for some reason they would not go for that.
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

Another Amazon order on the way - this was the stuff that I had to take out of last night's order because I needed it sent sooner. These items will be shipping October 3rd. This will be the last of my DVD orders for the year, I suspect:

Timeless Tales Vol. 1 - $14.99
High School Musical - $17.99
Winnie the Pooh Anniversary Collection - $27.99

Just wondering what happens if I use a UD link to put an item into my shopping cart, but for some reason need to move it to the "save for later" for another time. If I then move it back into my cart to purchase, does the link/UD referral stay intact? This is what basically happened between last night and today. Since I didn't know if the UD referrals stayed intact, I dumped everything out of my shopping cart and started all over again with direct links from UD into my cart and then purchased the items.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Pluto Region1 wrote:Just wondering what happens if I use a UD link to put an item into my shopping cart, but for some reason need to move it to the "save for later" for another time. If I then move it back into my cart to purchase, does the link/UD referral stay intact?
Nope, Amazon reclaims that referral fee for themselves in cases like those. Though, if it was in the 24-hour window and you were on the same computer that was originally referred, you might get by. That's how long the cookie period is supposed to last. Thanks for the continued support!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

*Deep breath* Due to... Budget cuts I had to... *Another deep breath* Cancel my Desperate Housewives 2 order, so don't expect that to show on the list of donations. Good news is though, I'll have it exchanged with something a bit cheaper so I feel a bit better about it. Lucky my Lost order came through before such horrible events. :P Just wanted to keep you updated.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Hiya Lukester,
I made an order on Amazon via UD's link that I didn't expect to ship so soon (estimate was actually the 23rd, they shipped it on the 16th), so was wondering if anything showed up about an order for Mrs. Doubtfire and It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World DVDs?

Also, I made a larger order via UD's Amazon link in early October that should ship in a couple weeks (Ultimate Superman Collection and Amazon-Exclusive Astaire & Rogers Partial Ultimate Collector's Edition).

Not to mention, I'll be making an amazon order for Secret Santa (cause I find it much easier to ship it that way with the gift wrap option, then snail mail the other part of the gift).

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Ordered somethin' too; Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3. Hope it transfered well.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks, you two! All of them are showing up for me except for the Rogers and Hammerstein one. (Actually, the Ultimate Superman one might not be yours either. There are a few orders for that.)

The support is very appreciated! :up:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Luke wrote:Thanks, you two! All of them are showing up for me except for the Rogers and Hammerstein one. (Actually, the Ultimate Superman one might not be yours either. There are a few orders for that.)

The support is very appreciated! :up:
Hehe, maybe because it's Astaire & Rogers, not Rodgers and Hammerstein? :P

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Escapay wrote:Hehe, maybe because it's Astaire & Rogers, not Rodgers and Hammerstein? :P

Escapay
:oops: I was multi-tasking when I typed that. I actually first read it as Rodgers & Hammerstein, but I searched for it under both Astaire and Rogers. Neither way showed up. Sure it was in October?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Luke wrote:
Escapay wrote:Hehe, maybe because it's Astaire & Rogers, not Rodgers and Hammerstein? :P

Escapay
:oops: I was multi-tasking when I typed that. I actually first read it as Rodgers & Hammerstein, but I searched for it under both Astaire and Rogers. Neither way showed up. Sure it was in October?
I'm pretty sure, but it was so long ago I might not be remembering right.

(runs to check Amazon. Runs back)

According to Amazon, I made the order on October 6. Does that help?

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Escapay wrote:According to Amazon, I made the order on October 6. Does that help?

Escapay
I see two Superman sets ordered from 10/6-10/7 but no sign of the other. Was it maybe saved in your cart already when you ordered it? <strike>Or perhaps was it called something incorrectly or abbreviated by Amazon at the time? The former seems more likely, as there's only a handful of things that were bought those two days and none of them look like they could be the Astaire and Rogers set.</strike> Actually, the ASIN isn't showing up in the reports, so it's definitely not there. I'm guessing the cart thing might account for why no credit was received. Thanks anyway for trying and hey, at least the bigger one (presumably) went through, right?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Hmm, this is truly an enigma. So...how to solve an enigma?

Well, rather than have a $115 order with no credit to UD at all, I simply canceled the Superman Collection from that order, bringing it down to a non-credit-to-UD order of $45. I would've canceled the entire thing except the Amazon Exclusive Astaire/Rogers set is now $53, and oddly enough, I don't want to pay that extra $7.

So the Astaire/Rogers set is on its own, still with the order date of October 6.

Now, since Supes is still in pre-order status and at the same price since early October, I've simply re-ordered it via a UD link here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... /ref=nosim

Hopefully, now it'll show up, and the best part is, since I'm doing free shipping on both, I'm not losing any more money than the original $115, though it sucks that UD doesn't get something from the Astaire/Rogers set anymore. Still, a $70 order for Supes should yield something...

Escapay
Last edited by Escapay on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIST #60:

WIST #61: