The Little Mermaid: Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

:cry: Where's the review? Any idea, anybody?
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I'm trying to decide where to preorder...well 2nd preorder that is... I have it preordered at Disneydirect.com, but I want another copy. Could someone post all the giveaways they know of. All I know is jewelry box at Toys R Us and Lithographs at the Disney Store (are they the same as the ones online???) Please let me know! Thanks!
Image Image
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Mermaid Kelly wrote:I'm trying to decide where to preorder...well 2nd preorder that is... I have it preordered at Disneydirect.com, but I want another copy. Could someone post all the giveaways they know of. All I know is jewelry box at Toys R Us and Lithographs at the Disney Store (are they the same as the ones online???) Please let me know! Thanks!
Nope, The Disney Store has 4 different Lithos when you preorder. Thats why I preordered it there too. :P oh, you also get a 15% off coupon on your next purchase thats good for about 2 weeks. :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

xxhplinkxx wrote:
Mermaid Kelly wrote:I'm trying to decide where to preorder...well 2nd preorder that is... I have it preordered at Disneydirect.com, but I want another copy. Could someone post all the giveaways they know of. All I know is jewelry box at Toys R Us and Lithographs at the Disney Store (are they the same as the ones online???) Please let me know! Thanks!
Nope, The Disney Store has 4 different Lithos when you preorder. Thats why I preordered it there too. :P oh, you also get a 15% off coupon on your next purchase thats good for about 2 weeks. :D
Wait...the Disney Store is giving out different lithographs than DisneyShopping.com? I really was disappointed by the lithographs I got from preordering at the Disney Store. Are you saying the ones pictured on the website are really what we are getting despite it saying "art subject to change" or something like that? If so, I would much rather have those other lithos than the ones I got from the Disney Store.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MerXAN wrote::cry: Where's the review? Any idea, anybody?
Where's the review DVD? Still don't have it... :cry:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Luke wrote:
MerXAN wrote::cry: Where's the review? Any idea, anybody?
Where's the review DVD? Still don't have it... :cry:
Write a strongly-worded letter to BVHE and chastise them for not sending it out early enough to the premiere Disney DVD reviewing site.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Escapay wrote:
Luke wrote: Where's the review DVD? Still don't have it... :cry:
Write a strongly-worded letter to BVHE and chastise them for not sending it out early enough to the premiere Disney DVD reviewing site.

Escapay
I'm surprised you don't have it yet. LATT review was posted 9 dys before it came out and you don't even have TLM yet. Weird since people already have it from buy.com and a couple other sites.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Lucylover1986 wrote:
Escapay wrote: Write a strongly-worded letter to BVHE and chastise them for not sending it out early enough to the premiere Disney DVD reviewing site.

Escapay
I'm surprised you don't have it yet. LATT review was posted 9 dys before it came out and you don't even have TLM yet. Weird since people already have it from buy.com and a couple other sites.
Yeah, I was considering ordering online from buy.com last week, then figured it wasn't *that* big a priority title for me to get ahead of time.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

I received my copy yesterday and gonna watch it tonight!!! so excicted!! Thanks a lot Axelmusic !! :D :)

I like the way the slipcover is. Although, just like Lady and the Tramp, the "open like a book" feature is no longer there, The Little Mermaid's has a 3-D, "coming a little out of the cover" effect on the major characters. It's also really shiny with refelction. Finally, the title at the center (as well as the Platinum banner at the top) has a really nice shining sea-blue ton. Very classy cover art! :)

If you guys have any questions on the DVD (cover art, restoration, DVD content, bonus features, etc), I'll be more than happy to answer those for you! :)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Are all the inserts in it?
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Jordan wrote:If you guys have any questions on the DVD (cover art, restoration, DVD content, bonus features, etc), I'll be more than happy to answer those for you! :)
Thanks. It would be nice if you could share your thoughts on the restoration (did you spot any washed-out colors or are all clear and vibrant?), the menus, etc.
I also ordered my copy from Axelmusic 5 days ago. I guess it would take another week until it ships here to Israel. If you can post us some screencaps that we haven't seen from the movie, it would be much appreciated.

This is going to be a long, long week.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Does the DVD have English subtitles? At least the movie?
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

rodis wrote:
Jordan wrote:If you guys have any questions on the DVD (cover art, restoration, DVD content, bonus features, etc), I'll be more than happy to answer those for you! :)
Thanks. It would be nice if you could share your thoughts on the restoration (did you spot any washed-out colors or are all clear and vibrant?), the menus, etc.
I also ordered my copy from Axelmusic 5 days ago. I guess it would take another week until it ships here to Israel. If you can post us some screencaps that we haven't seen from the movie, it would be much appreciated.

This is going to be a long, long week.
I love the restoration! Although it's less "spectacular" to look at compared to what had been done for Cinderella or even BATB in the more recent movies (and it's rather a good ting to me, not to have a restoration with too much "happy" and redish colors), I think the colors and tons fit the film perfectly. The image is really clear.

The menus are nice, especially the main menu on Disc 1 which is gorgeous! It's a famous shot of Ariel's shadow on a rock with a refelction of the sun in the water. Her hair moves because of the wind, and when you select Bonus Features, she jumped out of here rock into the water to lead you to the section!

I'll try to post more thoughts and maybe screecaps tomorrow! :)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Dottie wrote:Does the DVD have English subtitles? At least the movie?
As always in Disney's Region 1 DVDs, subtitle in English for the hearing impaired in the movie only.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

But you don't need that special decoder to see them? They're just like normal subtitles like on the Muppets Season 1 Set?
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Jordan wrote:I love the restoration! Although it's less "spectacular" to look at compared to what had been done for Cinderella or even BATB in the more recent movies (and it's rather a good ting to me, not to have a restoration with too much "happy" and redish colors), I think the colors and tons fit the film perfectly. The image is really clear.

If "spectacular" means non-pastel colors then I'm happy. BATB sort of lost its original look due to the overly bright and happy colors. Heck, Belle almost turned blonde in the PE :lol: I was at first afraid that less spectacular meant a less clear image but then you mentioned how it was really clear so yay, I'm happy :) :)
I'll try to post more thoughts and maybe screecaps tomorrow! :)
Screencaps would be GREAT, thanks again! :D
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

Dottie wrote:But you don't need that special decoder to see them? They're just like normal subtitles like on the Muppets Season 1 Set?
A special decoder? You need a dvd decoder (whether it be software or hardware) to play the dvd... and you can turn the subtitles on or off, so they are not burned-in the actual video of the movie. Don't know if that's what you are asking for?
Don't know what you are trying to ask with the Muppets thing either..

:)
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Dottie wrote:But you don't need that special decoder to see them? They're just like normal subtitles like on the Muppets Season 1 Set?
You don't need anything except your DVD player. These are regular subtitles, not closed captions where you do need a special box :)
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

So I've decided to go to best buy for my copy. I know its only a few days away, but I can't wait! does anyone have any idea what the pins in the "gift set" look like?
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

I already preordered my copy. I don't want all the extra stuff like other stores are offering, such as the plushies and the bracelet. I got it for Amazon (for $16.87, maybe the price will go lower) and I preordered it with the standard edition of X3, so I got free shipping and no tax on it. I usually get my Amazon purchases the day after the new releases are available.